What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

When I copied your settings exactly (obviously changing email and password) it now gives me the message "/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 492: socat: command not found". Anyone have any ideas? Thank you

Make sure to remove everything extraneous from the file.  There are a couple lines that I put "comments" on but i did not format them that way so it might be causing a problem.  If you have removed that stuff and it still throws the socat problem then go here and download the package.  you can install it with a simple installpkg command from the terminal.  You will also need to add a line to your go script so that the package gets reinstalled ever time

But, even better is if you have unMenu installed.  Copy the code below to a file and name it socat-unmenu-package.conf

PACKAGE_NAME SOcket CAT (netcat-like utility with many enhancements)
PACKAGE_DESCR <b>socat</b> is a relay for bidirectional data transfer between two independent 
PACKAGE_DESCR data channels. Each of these data channels may be a file, pipe, device
PACKAGE_DESCR (serial line etc. or a pseudo terminal), a socket (UNIX, IP4, IP6 - raw,
PACKAGE_DESCR UDP, TCP), an SSL socket, proxy CONNECT connection, a file descriptor
PACKAGE_DESCR (stdin etc.), the GNU line editor, a program,
PACKAGE_DESCR or a combination of two of these.
PACKAGE_DESCR http://www.dest-unreach.org/socat/
PACKAGE_URL http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.1/utilities/socat/1.7.0.0/socat-1.7.0.0-i486-2bj.tgz
PACKAGE_FILE socat-1.7.0.0-i486-2bj.tgz
PACKAGE_MD5 107b16e4e9e4d980faad40b95371f17f
PACKAGE_INSTALLED /usr/bin/socat
PACKAGE_DEPENDENCIES none
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION installpkg socat-1.7.0.0-i486-2bj.tgz
PACKAGE_VERSION_TEST socat -V 2>&1 | grep 'socat version' | awk '{print $3}'
PACKAGE_VERSION_STRING 1.7.0.0
PACKAGE_MEMORY_USAGE Light

note: I take no credit for this code.  Someone in the unMenu thread created this .conf and i was to lazy to search for it in the long thread so i copied the code here.

Anyway, hope that helps and if you need some more assistance let us know.

I could have sworn i read the bubbaQ had put socat in the BubbaRaid build.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still hate wtorrent.  The little glitch in your dev system was not causing my wotrrent problem (i did not really think it was, but i could hope).

Anyway, is there any chance of using the web gui i linked to a couple posts ago.  I have no idea if it is better but it should at least be worth a try.

EDIT: OK, for anyone having problems with wtorrent, take a look at this thread over on the wtorrent track page.  Following the directions on there to change every occurrence of "DIR_EXEC . DIR_TORRENTS" to "DIR_TORRENTS" in the directory "*wtorrent_directory*/wt/cls/AddT.cls.php" (for the BubbaRaid users this would be /boot/bubba/wtorrent/wt/cls/AddT.cls.php) fixed the problem for me.  I am now able to add torrents through the web interface again.

a good sed command to fix the problem for you would be somehting like...

sed -i.bak -e "s:DIR_EXEC . \(DIR_TORRENTS\):\1:g" /boot/bubba/wtorrent/wt/cls/AddT.cls.php

this will save a copy of the original to /boot/bubba/wtorrent/wt/cls/AddT.cls.php.bak

then do the replacement to the file you suggest using the "g" flag (which will catch multiple instances on any given line)

I don't currently have bubbaRAID installed (time constraints) but I tested the command on a test file I created.  It worked perfect on it.

Cheers,

Matt

a good sed command to fix the problem for you would be somehting like...

sed -i.bak -e "s:DIR_EXEC . \(DIR_TORRENTS\):\1:g" /boot/bubba/wtorrent/wt/cls/AddT.cls.php

this will save a copy of the original to /boot/bubba/wtorrent/wt/cls/AddT.cls.php.bak

then do the replacement to the file you suggest using the "g" flag (which will catch multiple instances on any given line)

I don't currently have bubbaRAID installed (time constraints) but I tested the command on a test file I created.  It worked perfect on it.

Cheers,

Matt

Very nice!!  I thought about trying to figure out a command that would do it but in the end it would have taken me longer to do that thent o just edit the file.

Anyone having trouble please refer to Biggy2872's post!!

Very nice!!  I thought about trying to figure out a command that would do it but in the end it would have taken me longer to do that thent o just edit the file.

BUT, you would have learned something for the future (and therein saved more than the time you took to learn it) AND taken one step closer towards becoming command line savy...  ;D

Cheers,

Matt

Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work!  Don't know if you could add something like Sabnzbd or not ?  just asking....

I have been using sabnzb on my windows machine, getting email notifications when files are downloaded, those rss feeds are amazing!

I think I will have to install a full unraid distro with raid drivers and sabnzb!

I'm still getting those goofy errors when trying to send a test email with unraid_notify.  Here is the config that I am using.  I went and downloaded and installed socat, so I don't think that is the problem.  I'm using 4.4.2 of unraid 1.17 beta of bubbaraid.  Can anyone see anything wrong with this?

#Added by Bubba Configurator

SmtpServer =smtp.gmail.com

SmtpServerPort =465

UseSSL =True

Username =unraid.account

Password =rush2112

Subject =Unraid

AppendStatus =True

RcptTo [email protected]

ErrorRcptTo =

MailFrom =oconnellc

SetEmailPriority =True

IncludeMdcmd =True

MaxDiskTemp =35

DisplayFahrenheit =

NotifyDelay =2

RescanDelay =1800

StartScanDelay =300

SpinDownTime =120

I'm still getting those goofy errors when trying to send a test email with unraid_notify.  Here is the config that I am using.  I went and downloaded and installed socat, so I don't think that is the problem.  I'm using 4.4.2 of unraid 1.17 beta of bubbaraid.  Can anyone see anything wrong with this?

See my other posts above for my config file.  Make sure to remove any extraneous stuff and put in the information you need.  If you still have problems let us know.

Yep, same problems:

Sending unraid_notify test e-mail...

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 29: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 28: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 388: [: 2155: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 396: [: 1: unary operator expected

I took your config file, modified it to use the correct email addresses and got that error.  Here it is...  Can you take my config file and correctly send a test email?

# Name of SMTP server to use for sending notifications
SmtpServer =smtp.gmail.com

# SMTP server port
# Common ports used for SMTP: 25, 2525, 587 (or port 465 for SSL)
SmtpServerPort =465

# User name to use in SMTP authentication (prob. your email address) 
# (leave blank for no authentication)
Username=unraid.account

# Password to use in SMTP authentication (prob. your POP3 password)
# (leave blank for no authentication)
Password=rush2112

# Use SSL / SMTPS / Secure SMTP when comunicating with smtp server?
# (smtp.gmail.com, for example, requires SSL)
# Set to "True" to enable ssl.  
# You will also need to change SmtpServerPort to 465
#
# NOTE:  This requires the installation of of the following package:
# http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.1/utilities/socat/1.6.0.1/socat-1.6.0.1-i486-2bj.tgz
#
UseSSL=True
# UseSSL =False

# Subject of notification email
Subject=unRAID_Status

# Append abbreviated status to subject
AppendStatus=True

# Recipient(s) of status notification emails and error notification emails
# (An hourly status will be sent to these addresses, regardless of the status)
# Separate multiple recipients with a space
[email protected]

# Recipient(s) of only error notification emails
# (no email will be sent to these addresses, unless there is a problem with unRAID)
[email protected]

# Mail from address
# (Who the message you recive will be "from")
MailFrom=unRaid

# Set email header with high importance if there is a problem with unRaid?
# (standard status notification, if sent, will not be marked high importance)
SetEmailPriority=True

# Choose whether to include the contents of /proc/mdcmd in your status
# notifications (Setting this value to anything but "True" is the same
# as setting it to "False")
IncludeMdcmd=True

# Choose the maximum temp. (in celsius) a disk may get before an error will message will be sent.
MaxDiskTemp=35

# Choose the critical disk temp. (in celsius) that will cause unraid_notify to execute an external 
# command (like powerdown - see: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Powerdown_script )
CriticalDiskTemp=50
#CriticalDiskCommand = powerdown

# Should display of temp be converted to Fahrenheit? ( conversion is: F=((C*9)/5) 32 )
DisplayFahrenheit =True

# How often, in minutes, to send a notification
# (Note: changes in error status will result in an immediate notification, with a maximum delay of 
# "RescanDelay" (see below))
NotifyDelay=60

# How long, in seconds, should unraid_notify wait between status checks?
# (Note: if you set this below 10 seconds, the value will be defaulted to 10 seconds)
RescanDelay=60

# How long, in seconds, to wait for the unRAID server to have been up before running status checks
# and sending notifications. (gives time for system to fully loaded before checking status)
StartScanDelay=180

# How long to wait for disk activity, in minutes, before spinning down an idle drive
# warning: Setting too low of a spindown time can prematurely age your drive by forcing
# too many spin-up/down cycles on the poor thing.
SpinDownTime=30

Thanks,

Chris

Hum, check your e-mail account  ;)

Those setting seemed to work fine for me.  You will probably be getting an e-mail with the status of my array here very soon.  Also, you probably should have PMed me the info you wanted to put in the script instead of posting the info.  PLEASE CHANGE THE PASSWORD ON YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

The only thing i can think of that might be wrong is that your box might not have access to the outside world.  If you could telnet into the machine and type ping yahoo.com and let us know what comes back that would be great!!

I got both emails, thanks.  The account is a dummy I just created for testing, it isn't a real one...

I can see the outside world with no issues.  I'm sure that the error I am seeing is just a symptom of something else, but I can't imagine what.  If the problem was socat, wouldn't I be seeing that in the error message?

I got both emails, thanks.  The account is a dummy I just created for testing, it isn't a real one...

I can see the outside world with no issues.  I'm sure that the error I am seeing is just a symptom of something else, but I can't imagine what.  If the problem was socat, wouldn't I be seeing that in the error message?

I would imagine so.  I have never seen this particular problem so let me think about it and see if i can come up with anything.  Hopefully we can get some input from the other members that are more knowledgeable.

I'm having trouble getting unraid_notify to send an email to my AOL account.  For AOL, I believe SmtpServerPort=587 and TLS encryption required (this is how MS-Outlook is configured to access my AOL account).  Socat docs identify a TLSv1 method is available for the OPENSSL call; I suspect this option is not wired in the current unraid_notify version.  Would like to get this functionality as time permits.

More on my problems getting the unraid_notify within bubbaraid to work.  I switched from one version of socat to another.  If I use this socat: socat-1.7.0.0.tar.gz, then when I try to send a test email, I get these errors:

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 26: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 26: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 388: [: 1386: unary operator expected

However, if I use this one: socat-1.7.0.0-i486-2bj.tgz, then I get this error message:

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 388: [: 1386: unary operator expected

Hopefully, this will make some sense to someone familiar with this stuff.  Thanks in advance.

Chris

Been doing some thinking (everyone hide) and have done some searching about what might be needed in BubbaRaid.

This is probably a long shot but I would love something that allows me to clone my computers in my house.  Something similar to ghost would be great, and i found a link that may help in the search.