What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

A while back when I was testing it for my radiostation, it performed like an old dog in the heat of summer.

I have 60,000 mp3s. It was a bit slow and sometimes painful.

I switched to MPD and it worked better for me.

The reason it ran like a dog was due to the way it managed files. With mysql on the backend Slimcenter 7 onwards doesn't have the same issues managing large numbers of files.

Sadly for me to use Bubbaraid would require it supporting  the alienbbc plugin. As that adds mplayer and a number of dodgy codec licences I'm simply going to follow Bubba's slackware instructions and replace my ubuntu box with a slackware box running unraid.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ropo, BubbaRaid should function just like regular unRAID, so I don't quite understand what is happening with your superblock.  If you boot regular unRAID from the boot menu, instead of the default BubbaRaid, what happens?

To control the speaker, use the 'beep' command.  See  http://swoolley.org/man.cgi/beep

The sound support is for playing audio files on the server, through the SERVER's sound card.  This is for people who, for example, have a sound/intercom system in their house and want the server to provide the sound to that system.

If you want to stream sound files to a client, it depends on the client.

@Ropo, BubbaRaid should function just like regular unRAID, so I don't quite understand what is happening with your superblock.  If you boot regular unRAID from the boot menu, instead of the default BubbaRaid, what happens?

To control the speaker, use the 'beep' command.  See  http://swoolley.org/man.cgi/beep

The sound support is for playing audio files on the server, through the SERVER's sound card.  This is for people who, for example, have a sound/intercom system in their house and want the server to provide the sound to that system.

If you want to stream sound files to a client, it depends on the client.

Thanks for answer.

Regular UnRaid server is working. After install BubbaRaid I do not start RAID array.

Messages in syslog are if I am booting BubbaRaid.  Clean UnRaid 4.4-beta2 working fine.

Cannot be problem if I use BubbaRaid with UnRaid 4.4-beta2 ?

Thanks for "beep" manual and answer for support sound card.

Beep is SUPER and GREAT :)

I am attach any pictures:

- before reassign device after boot from UnRaid server

- after reassign device

I cannot start array after press button "start". I am try check "I'm sure I want to do this" and press button "restore" - same bad result.

Thanks for any idea

I am add to go script this code:

/usr/bin/beep -f 1000 -l 100
/usr/bin/beep -f 1200 -l 100
/usr/bin/beep -f 1500 -l 100

but speaker "in BubbaRaid" server is silent.

From command line e.g. code "/usr/bin/beep -f 1000 -l 100" is working.

Why I do not hear beeps if I add code to "go" script?

Thanks for aswer

Did you create the default directories for rTorrent?

mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents
mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents/auto
mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents/complete
mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents/downloading
mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents/downloading/rtorrent.session

If you don't want to use the default, you can use the link on the BubbaRaid web portal to edit the rTorrent config file.

I am trying to get rtorrent and wtorrent up and working but i have run into a slight problem.

I did change the default directories to disk2 instead of disk1 but besides that the paths are the same.

Everything seems to be up and running but when i go to add a torrent to the directory from the "add file" option in the wtorrent interface it gives me a permissions error, specifically "Error: Impossible to create file or directory, please check permissions".  I am not quite familiar enough with linux system to know why this is happening or how i can fix it.

One of the problems seems to be that the default directory does not seem to change, even though i have changed that stuff in the rtorrent.rc file (which i changed through the web interface).

1) did you restart rtorrent after changing the config file?

2) did you change the default location at the bottom of the wtorrent "add torrent" dialog?

3) also, how did you create the directories?  If you did it via samba, then the permissions will be wrong.

1. Yes, i did restart rtorrent

2. Yes, i changed the disk1 to disk2

3. I opened up a terminal window in OS X and did mkdir for all of them.

As I get farther along with BubbaRaid, I'll have some more user-friendly installation screens for each application, so you can more easily configure them. 

For right now, I'm concentrating on getting the platform working, with all the core apps.... so you'll need to either accept the defaults, or edit the configs by hand.

After they are all working, I'll then make the interface and configurations nicer.

hum, did the chmod 777 and nothing changed

Am going to try changing the directories back to default and see what happens.

UPDATE:  Well i changed everything back to default and it is working now.

I really like this and i will see how well it is going to work for me.  but if rtorrent works out for me i can move to using it on the server instead of having to do stuff on my laptop

Thanks for reporting back... I'll look into it.

Not a problem, any info i can provide that makes this better i am more then willing to help with.

I have been looking at the web interface for the last little while and it does not seem to be downloading.  Not quite sure why but it is not.  Actually, it might be downloading but the web interface is not saying it is. It shows 0% complete but the .mp3 files i am downloading seem to be showing up in the "downloading" folder.

Thanks for all your work

OK, another thing i just noticed with the wtorrent interface.  If i go and get an expanded view of all the individual files, the priority is set to "Don't Download" on all of them.  And even if i select all of them and change the priority to normal it still shows up as "Don't Download" once refreshed.

I will give it over night and see how things go, then i will look into what might be going on

Did you create the default directories for rTorrent?

mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents
mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents/auto
mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents/complete
mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents/downloading
mkdir /mnt/disk1/torrents/downloading/rtorrent.session

If you don't want to use the default, you can use the link on the BubbaRaid web portal to edit the rTorrent config file.

Yes, I am all this paths created as owner root (create from console).

I am try modify listen host of CGI script from 127.0.0.1:5000 in config file .rtorrent.rc to localhost:5000. But this problem is persisting.

It looks like something has stepped on libtorrent in the last upgrade to BubbaRaid.  rTorrent loads and acts completely normally, and it is talking to the trackers, but is not getting any peer info from them.

I'll have it fixed in BubbaRaid 0.0.6.... give ne a day or so.

I am install curl-7.19.0.-i486-1.tgz and restart rTorrent.

After restart rTorrent I see in window this code:

Restarting rTorrent daemon...
(this will take a few seconds) ....

rTorrent daemon did not restart, and reported error:

I do download bubbaraid 0.0.06 a try it repeated. I do will report result.

Thanks

BubbaRaid-0.0.6-Beta is now available.

http://www.tcpatools.com/bubbaraid-0.0.6-Beta.zip

In this version:

- fixed the problem with moving rTorrent data files to a different location

- addition to the dashboard showing number of open files blocking array shutdown

- new feature to show which open files are blocking array shutdown and which applications have them open

- beeps when the system is fully booted and ready

There are a lot of additions ‘behind the scenes’ that you won’t see yet.  I have a background intelligent file downloader almost finished.  I am also working on sysstat, and graphing system performance metrics. 

To upgrade a prior version of BubbaRaid, download the zip, and unzip it to the root of your flash.

If you have never installed BubbaRaid before, download the zip, and unzip it to the root of your flash, and run the "enable_bubba" batch file in the root of the flash.

To disable BubbaRaid, run the "disable_bubba" batch file in the root of the flash.