What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

Not with the current unRAID kernel.... S3 suspend is one of the things that has a lot of improvements in the .27 kernel, so I am waiting for unRAID 4.4.

However, the current BubbaRaid does have the s2ram command.... you can try it to see of your MoBo will suspend and wake reliably.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not with the current unRAID kernel.... S3 suspend is one of the things that has a lot of improvements in the .27 kernel, so I am waiting for unRAID 4.4.

However, the current BubbaRaid does have the s2ram command.... you can try it to see of your MoBo will suspend and wake reliably.

My mobo supports S1 and S3, what the difference between S3 and s2ram. Isn't S3 suspend to RAM? And in other posts it mentions BubbaRaid has that support but you are on "your own" to try it. Does this mean if you know how to setup the mobo you are ok, or is there more linux tweaking that needs to happen?

I'm not quite sure I was clear in my original request. I'm not looking to control the Unraid server power settings. I was wondering if it would be possible to have the unraid server send a magic packet to my media server to wake it up.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the unraid server send a magic packet to my media server to wake it up.

Download the slackware "wol" package from:

http://ftp.de-mirror.org/linuxpackages//Slackware-10.1/Console/wol/wol-0.7.1-i686-1bmp.tgz

Install it with

installpkg wol-0.7.1-i686-1bmp.tgz

Then, invoke it as described in the built-in help

root@Tower:/boot/packages# wol --help
Usage: wol [OPTION] ... MAC-ADDRESS ...
Wake On LAN client - wakes up magic packet compliant machines.

--help          display this help and exit
-V, --version       output version information and exit
-v, --verbose       verbose output
-w, --wait=NUM      wait NUM millisecs after sending
-h, --host=HOST     broadcast to this IP address or hostname
-i, --ipaddr=HOST   same as --host
-p, --port=NUM      broadcast to this UDP port
-f, --file=FILE     read addresses from file FILE ("-" reads from stdin)
    --passwd[=PASS] send SecureON password PASS (if no PASS is given, you
                    will be prompted for the password)

Each MAC-ADDRESS is written as x:x:x:x:x:x, where x is a hexadecimal number
between 0 and ff which represents one byte of the address, which is in
network byte order (big endian).

PASS is written as x-x-x-x-x-x, where x is a hexadecimal number between 0
and ff which represents one byte of the password.

Report bugs to <[email protected]>

I would like two things.

1. an unraid that has a built-in vmware install

2. The ability to boot from something other than USB (non of my older servers want to boot from usb) even though they should be able to.

Well I can boot from USB CD, but I tried everything with two usb sticks, on the supported matrix, and 4 different computers (1 laptop). Yes Tried usb 1.x, usb-hdd,zip,cd,,other...

I know it is on the list of things to include but i was wondering if unmenu was anywhere in the near future.  I would LOVE to see a union for the unmenu interface and BubbaRaid.

Perhaps making the BubbaRaid defult page be included in unmenu, kinda like myMain is a plug-in to unmenu?

That is actually something you can do yourself.

Make a copy of the file 999-unmenu-unraid_main.awk file and name it something like

998-unmenu-bubbaraid.awk

Then edit it, change lines 2 and 3

from

#define ADD_ON_URL    unraid_main

#define ADD_ON_MENU  unRAID Main

to

#define ADD_ON_URL    bubbaraid_main

#define ADD_ON_MENU  BubbaRaid Main

Change line 25 from

theHTML = "<br><iframe width=100% height=\"1200\" src=\"http://" MyHost "/main.htm\">"

to

theHTML = "<br><iframe width=100% height=\"1200\" src=\"http://" MyHost "/bubbaraid_main_url\">"

(I don't have bubbaRAID, since it does not work on the 4.4 version of unRAID, so I don't know the actual  URL of its main page.

In any case, that is the URL you need to use for the changed line (not bubbaraid_main_url).  It might be index.html, or it might be something else entirely. Regardless of what it is, replace the bubbaraid_mail_url in line 25 with the correct URL and you should be ready to be able to access it in the new unmenu plug-in you created.

Once you've made the copy of the file, and edited it with the new label name, new unmenu_url, and new inline-frame URL it should work.(unless it objects to being used in an inline-frame)

Just stop and re-start unmenu and the new BubbaRaid Main link should appear in the top menu.

Joe L.

I know it is on the list of things to include but i was wondering if unmenu was anywhere in the near future.  I would LOVE to see a union for the unmenu interface and BubbaRaid.

Perhaps making the BubbaRaid defult page be included in unmenu, kinda like myMain is a plug-in to unmenu?

That is actually something you can do yourself.

Make a copy of the file 999-unmenu-unraid_main.awk file and name it something like

998-unmenu-bubbaraid.awk

Then edit it, change lines 2 and 3

from

#define ADD_ON_URL    unraid_main

#define ADD_ON_MENU   unRAID Main

to

#define ADD_ON_URL    bubbaraid_main

#define ADD_ON_MENU   BubbaRaid Main

Change line 25 from

theHTML = "<br><iframe width=100% height=\"1200\" src=\"http://" MyHost "/main.htm\">"

to

theHTML = "<br><iframe width=100% height=\"1200\" src=\"http://" MyHost "/bubbaraid_main_url\">"

(I don't have bubbaRAID, since it does not work on the 4.4 version of unRAID, so I don't know the actual  URL of its main page.

In any case, that is the URL you need to use for the changed line (not bubbaraid_main_url).  It might be index.html, or it might be something else entirely. Regardless of what it is, replace the bubbaraid_mail_url in line 25 with the correct URL and you should be ready to be able to access it in the new unmenu plug-in you created.

Once you've made the copy of the file, and edited it with the new label name, new unmenu_url, and new inline-frame URL it should work.(unless it objects to being used in an inline-frame)

Just stop and re-start unmenu and the new BubbaRaid Main link should appear in the top menu.

Joe L.

Thanks for these direction.  When i get a chance i will mess with this and see if i can get it to work.

Hello Bubba,

tanks very much for your work.

I'm sorry, but my english is very poor.

I use a 4.3.3 version and I use some "user share".

I've errors on my all disk ( Too many wrong and/or missing disks! )

Is the "user shares" the problems?

Is because I have data on disks?

What can I make for use your version?

Thank and Have a good day.

In regards to rTorrent, I copied the .rtorrent.rc to the root of the flash and then edited it to control my seeding rate and ratio. This doesn't seem to be taking effect.

In BubbaRaid, from the main screen, when I click on rTorrent it shows me a window with the code and the code doesn't have any of my changes. When I try to make the changes and then Save it, it gives me an error code 122. I tried stopping rTorrent and then trying to save, same error.

Any ideas?

Does Unraid or BubbaRaid Have in remote sync options?

Ie like DirSync Pro vs. Unison  : http://www.linux.com/feature/154149

Newsleecher type app that I can feed it .nzb files?

In Which Case I would want to use the Cache drive to download, par, uncompress the files, and then move the files to a directory manually after the fact.

Ie TV shows do not move, leave on cache drive, watch and delete. Movies move at 4am to /movies.

remote sync options, like Unison

The command-line version of unison is a stand-alone executable that runs as user: simply put it on your flash drive and you're good. I've used it extensively w/unRAID and the environment does not (and cannot) in any way change the behaviour of unison.

Of course, you need to think a little bit about where things go.

* I have the .unison dir on my cache drive and symlink it from /root/.unison in the go file.

* Beware, though, that unison synchronisations that are run from the go file expect to see the dir at /.unison: simply symlink it from there as well, and, if you wish, clean it up after the synchronisation is done.

You will also need to think about how to invoke unison if you want to do it from other machines.

* You can set unison up as a daemon that listens to a particular socket (port), but there's no security, no simultaneous use, and a few other nuisances.

* ssh is the proper way to go, as always ;)