What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

@Lunatic - can you give me more information... exactly what are you doing and exactly where and when does the error appear?  Describe the error box too.

bubbaQ,

here's what I did. After installing BubbaRaid, typed Tower in the browser and the main screen comes up. Clicked on the rTorrent app. This brings up a screen where you can start or stop the app as well as displaying the code from the /boot/.rtorrent.rc file in a window. In the code it says that this file needs to be at the root of the flash, which I have copied it over.

What I wanted to do was modify the file with a custom seeding rate and ratio. I tried doing this in that code window but when I tried saving it, it came up with an error code 122. So I modified the file on my windows PC instead and copied it over to the root of the flash. When I restart rTorrent, the code window still shows the unmodified version of the file and the changes I made do not seem to take effect. One thing I did notice is that in wTorrent, there is also an option to set an upload rate and maybe that is conflicting with the setting in the .rtorrent.rc file.

I have now given up on rTorrent because when I open up wTorrent to check the status of the downloads, frequently it came up with "No Torrents Found". Then when I checked the status of rTorrent on the BubbaRaind main page, sometimes it was stopped and sometimes it was still running.  ???

Went back to using uTorrent on the windows PC for now. I was also thinking I may not like the idea of having a Data drive and the Parity drive going all the time when downloading.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should NOT be in the root of the flash.  You should NOT move or relocate files in BubbaRaid.

When you open it in the built-in BubbaRaid editor, it shows you the path of the file it is editing.  That is where the file goes.

it came up with an error code 122.

I asked for more information about this error.  That is not a recognizable error code, and you have not given me enough information about it.

Quick question about BubbaRaid.

I have it up and running, but am having a simple problem when trying to install slimserver, it is trying to start the download of the software but is failing as it is unable to resolve the DNS of the download site, and thus is not getting the package. ( I have created the requied directory on disk1 etc)

I can download from the address manually and wondered if I could simply drop this into the required folder and the insulation would continue as normal, or otherwise if anyone could shed some light in the DNS issue.

All help greatly appreciated, and thanks Bubba as being able to run slimserver on the same box as I store my music means one less machine needs to be running which pleases my wife!!!.

Thanks again

ChrisP

No, the built-in BubbaRaid process for installing SS does other things besides just the download....

You can of course download it and install it manually yourself... all SlimServer needs is perl, and perl is already installed on BubbaRaid.  If you install it to the same dir you specified for download in the BubbaRaid install screen for SS, you should still be able to control it from the BubbaRaid dashboard

Thanks Bubba,

The problem I have is my total lack of linux knowledge, so manual instalation is not realy an option for me.

Is there an edit to the script that would enable it to work with an already downloaded slimserver package??

I did take a look at the get_sc file that I suspect is whats doing the clever bits behind the scenes, but its all a bit complicated for my first attepmt, anad I dont want to break anything else!!!!

your or indeed anyones assistance with this is most gratfully recieved.

Thanks again for you work

ChrisP

I copied the url from the script, into my browser and it fired up he download as expected, I checked that the files names all tally and that too is fine, it seesm that my unriad box cant resolve the DNS for the site but my PC connected to the same router on the same subnet etc can without issue.

Now maybe that just my lack of linux knowledge not havng a default gateway or dns lookup configured correctly, which if these is a way to check I would be gratful if someone could point me at it.

anyway I looked at the script and with a BASH command webpage open seem to be understanding whats going on( I use understand very loosely) but woull wleocome your advice on what bit to remove.

This is the bit of the script I am looking at.

#!/bin/sh

#

#

US=$1

echo "********************************"

echo "* SqueezeCenter install script *"

echo "********************************"

echo "Installing to ${1}"

#mkdir ${1}  ( probably don need this I think)

cd ${1} ( I would change this to /mnt/disk1/sllimserver as I have already created this and put the download in it)

wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeCenter_v7.2.0/squeezecenter-7.2.tgz 2>&1  ( this is where we download the file)( this is the line I wold remove)

tar -xvf squeezecenter-7.2.tgz > /dev/null ( I am asssuming that this upacks the files)

#rm squeezecenter-7.2.tgz ( delete the downlaod)

cd squeezecenter-7.2 (cd into the unpacked directory)

mv  * .. ( moving files to the parent directory this is a guess)

cd ..    ( back up to the parent directory)

rmdir squeezecenter-7.2  ( remove the unpacked now empty directory)

echo "Syncing disks..." 

would I be corrrect in just removing the wget line?? as per my comment and amending the Cd command?

Also do I need to add anything or will the script simply drop through to next command?

Your time helping me is greatly appreaciated.

reagrds

Chris

Rather than hacking the script, your should fix your Internet access... there are other features, such as self upgrading, in BubbaRaid that need Internet access.

Assume 192.168.0.10 is your gateway and your nameserver (i.e. your router).

You need to edit /etc/resolv.conf to put your nameserver in it:

nameserver 192.168.0.10

Then edit /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf, and ad or edit a line for your gateway:

GATEWAY="192.168.0.10"

H Bubba

Well I managed to get my networking hat on and sorted out the DNS issues, I had forgotten that I had been playing around with Vlans a while back that didnt cause unraid any issue in its normal operation.

So thats sorted and slimserver downloads as expected. However there seems to be an issue with the instalation.

It runs though the script and gets to the second start of slimserver and then brings up the error message about not starting properly.

If you could shed any light as to where I mght look that would be great

This is the part of the script it gets too

echo "Waiting 15 seconds for Slimserver to create files..."

sleep 15

if [ -z "`pgrep slimserver.pl`" ]

then

echo "Slim server DID NOT START PROPERLY.  Sorry"

else

echo "Writing boot script..."

echo "${1}/slimserver.pl --daemon --user slimserver>/dev/null 2>&1 &" >> /boot/bubba/slimstart.sh

chmod +x /boot/bubba/slimstart.sh

echo "Slim server appears to be running."

echo "Now go to 'http://tower:9000' in your browser to configure Slimserver."

echo "(or replace 'tower' with the ip address of your unRAID server)"

fi

Thanks again

Chris

Just discovered this thread, sounds like just what I've been waiting for. I've upgraded to 4.3.3, and have downloaded the bubbaraid software. But when I went to copy it over to my usb stick, it was too small. So I've ordered a new usb stick, 2 megs, but the question I have is this: when I get the new stick and copy over the unraid software and the bubbaraid software, is there anything I need to do to my unraid array before putting in the new stick? I'm running the unregisterd version with 3 750 gig hard drives. Will it just retsart like nothing happened? Should I copy over the contents of my current usb stick to the new one?

Also, do I need to have a monitor hooked up to my server when I boot to choose the bubbaraid option, or is this something that will show up on my unraid home page?

Thanks in advance for your help, and for putting together this great package.

Fran

@prostuff1 - the BubbaRaid script for installing SlimServer changes the permissions ... chrisp just didn't post the whole script.

@franohern - just follow the instructions in the OP.  BubbaRaid will boot by default... if you want to swap back and forth, yes you need a keyboard and monitor to make the choice at boot time (or change your LILO config by hand before rebooting.)

but for some reason when i installed slimserver i had a problem with it.  A chmod 777 on the slimserver fixed it though.

That is necessary if you don't create the slimserver user, and chown the slimserver files.  SlimServer does not like to run as root.

But also, their whole install script is for crap... and the underlying code is not much better.  It looks pretty, but the perl code is not.

4.4 ain't even out for 24 hours yet, and ye are already beatin' down the door.

Patience grasshoppers... .patience.

And no SABNZBD .... I evaled it with several others, and chose NZBGet for BubbaRaid.

BubbaRaid is a "function-based" server and I chose the applications and implementations to achieve those functions by balancing support, features, stability, and other properties of applications that can delver the desired function.  At the same time, the target user is the person who wants more than file storage, but isn't up to rolling their own kernel.  If you are so married to one NZB application over another (other than just familiarity and FUD) you are probably skilled enough to roll your own kernel and install whatever you want.

But keep the suggestions coming.

4.4 ain't even out for 24 hours yet, and ye are already beatin' down the door.

Patience grasshoppers... .patience.

Hah! I didn't realize that it had dropped that recently. Head in the sand, trying to get stuff working, etc etc. I figured since there was a 4.5 beta there it had dropped a while ago.

I await patiently...cause I sure as heck can't do what you've done.  :o

Paul

You might want to do some reading. Here is a good place to start:

http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram

My mobo is not on the "white list" so I will have a little tweaking to do. I may or may not ever get it to do WoL properly, but this is something that I am really shooting for. I think for my mobo it needs to be in S3 mode for it to WoL.

Paul

I checked the whitelist for version "suspend-0.8". My current RAID setup (Shuttle XPC SB61G2) is not in the list. When bubbaRAID for 4.4 drops, I guess I just need to try and see what happens. If it doesn't work, then I need figure out how to do what that website says. I guess the time to learn some linux is at hand.

OK, I have a dead dumb question to ask.

As soon as I browse to //tower the right side of the dashboard are fills up with all this crap that starts out "Sorry, we couldn't find tower" and then a bunch of stuff about sponsored results and web results.

Is this the result of some sort of search by nzbget?