unMENU 1.6 - now available (A major upgrade in appearance)

Definitely concur that all the package contributors deserve the same Kudos I posted for Joe  :)

MyMain, for example, is a VERY handy utility that I'd hate to be without.    My personal use of UnMenu is for UPS support; Clean Powerdown; MyMain; and the Disk Management access to SMART reports & tests.

In what capacity do you use unMenu for UPS support? Do you use unMenu to send the shutdown command if the power goes out?

Definitely concur that all the package contributors deserve the same Kudos I posted for Joe  :)

MyMain, for example, is a VERY handy utility that I'd hate to be without.    My personal use of UnMenu is for UPS support; Clean Powerdown; MyMain; and the Disk Management access to SMART reports & tests.

In what capacity do you use unMenu for UPS support? Do you use unMenu to send the shutdown command if the power goes out?

I simply use the package manager to install the APC UPS support package ... and to modify the parameters as desired.

I updated the APC and Powerdown for unRAID 6

You can test it from my github: THIS IS FOR unRAID 6.0 only

https://github.com/archedraft/unMENU_6.0

APC

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/archedraft/unMENU_6.0/master/apcupsd-3.14.10-unmenu-package-x86_64.conf

Powerdown

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/archedraft/unMENU_6.0/master/powerdown-2.06_ctlaltdel-unmenu-package.conf

P.S. thanks garycase for reminding me that unMenu does have an APC package!

I just took the old APC package and renamed it with -x86_64 and updated the packages to download from a Slackware 14.1x64 source. unMenu will automatically find the .conf package if you manually add it to your /boot/package directory. I am of the same understanding as Thronwood, that Joe L has to take the packages and do something with them so that they get pushed to everyone?

I just took the old APC package and renamed it with -x86_64 and updated the packages to download from a Slackware 14.1x64 source. unMenu will automatically find the .conf package if you manually add it to your /boot/package directory. I am of the same understanding as Thronwood, that Joe L has to take the packages and do something with them so that they get pushed to everyone?

Yes, I update the unMENU "release_list" file that has the file names and their affiliated checksums, and then upload the new "release_list" and the new/updated .conf files to my google.code svn archive.

The rest is handled by the buttons on the user-scripts page.

With newly posted/contributed .conf files I usually wait a few days before adding them as kinks get worked out by people installing them on their servers.

Should have your newly contributed .conf files in place for automatic download/install this weekend if I can find the time.

Joe L.

Joe L.,

It looks like something in unRAID changed at some point and the main screen of unMENU no longer displays any value for the "Errors" column.  Line 1732 of unmenu.awk looks for "diskNumErrors" which is no longer output by mdcmd.  The new label appears to be "rdevNumErrors" in unRAID 5.0.5.  myMain is also affected at line 54 of unmenu.base.lib.awk.

Joe L.,

It looks like something in unRAID changed at some point and the main screen of unMENU no longer displays any value for the "Errors" column.  Line 1732 of unmenu.awk looks for "diskNumErrors" which is no longer output by mdcmd.  The new label appears to be "rdevNumErrors" in unRAID 5.0.5.  myMain is also affected at line 54 of unmenu.base.lib.awk.

Thanks for the bug report. 

I'll take a look at it this weekend if I get a chance.  Should be an easy fix.

I just need to make it look for the alternate label if the first does not exist.

Joe L.

Joe L.,

Yes, thanks to cassiusdrow for pointing out the problem so precisely!

Joe L. -

It is indeed a simple fix, just need to add one line.

Under the line (should match the line numbers cassiusdrow identified)  ...

if ( a ~ "diskNumErrors" )  { delete d; split(a,d,"[.=]"); disk_errors[d[2]]=d[3]; }

add the line ...

if ( a ~ "rdevNumErrors" )  { delete d; split(a,d,"[.=]"); disk_errors[d[2]]=d[3]; }

the code is virtually the same in unmenu.awk and unmenu.base.lib.awk since I "borrowed" the routine from you so many years ago.

(Had hoped at one time that unmenu.base.lib.awk might become a shared module between unmenu and myMain. You might consider it at some point in the future.)

Joe L.,

Yes, thanks to cassiusdrow for pointing out the problem so precisely!

Joe L. -

It is indeed a simple fix, just need to add one line.

Under the line (should match the line numbers cassiusdrow identified)  ...

if ( a ~ "diskNumErrors" )  { delete d; split(a,d,"[.=]"); disk_errors[d[2]]=d[3]; }

add the line ...

if ( a ~ "rdevNumErrors" )  { delete d; split(a,d,"[.=]"); disk_errors[d[2]]=d[3]; }

the code is virtually the same in unmenu.awk and unmenu.base.lib.awk since I "borrowed" the routine from you so many years ago.

(Had hoped at one time that unmenu.base.lib.awk might become a shared module between unmenu and myMain. You might consider it at some point in the future.)

This fix is now in place in the files on google.code and available for download by using the "Check for updates/Install Updates" buttons.

You'll need to also use the restart unMENU button after you install the new changes as the changes will not be used until you re-start unMENU.

I've also updated the clean-powerdown  package to the newest version and added 64 bit packages for apcupsd, ssmtp/mail, C-compiler, and screen.

(all recently contributed by archedraft and Thornwood)

Have fun.

Joe L.

I have tried to locate a compiled bwn-ng package for Slackware 14.1x64 but have been unable to locate one. It seems like it is an older program that has not gotten updates over the years (I could be wrong but that is what the google search looked like to me). The website still has the source code but I have no idea how to compile anything or if one can compile older code into a 64 bit package?

This seems to be the newest package. in the info it shows 64 bit so it might work but since it is not in a repository kind of at a loss on how to implement this one.

bwm-ng.tar.gz.txt

Thank you

here you go please test. I am traveling back home on Monday so I cant test so please give me as much information as possible if it does not work.

Seems to be working on my machine! Good find on the x64 bit repo.

I'll let a few others try it, and if all looks well, I'll add bwm-64 to the google.code release_list for unMENU.

Again, thanks to all who are helping/testing and keeping unMENU's package manager .conf files up to date for 64 bit unRAID.

Joe L.

Hi just 2 questions,

1 is there any way to make myMain and log not ask the user name and password many times for each icon if you did not come from normal unraid main. (kind of would love this some times I forget and have to click cancel many times.)

2 is there any way to make a switch setting so that unmenu chooses ipaddress instead of dns name? I would like a switch because that way if I update to newest version I don't have to remember to modify a line.. Please?? // I ask for this because Apple locks down iphones host file and I can for the life of me figure out how to make dns work with my iphone so every tab gives me

"tower:8080\myMain"

and I am force to type in

192.168.xxx.xxx:8080\myMain

so it works,,, need a another tab start typing again :-\  :'( .

this makes a quick check :) into rather boot to a laptop than use Iphone or tablet or ipad  :o .....

2 is there any way to make a switch setting so that unmenu chooses ipaddress instead of dns name? I would like a switch because that way if I update to newest version I don't have to remember to modify a line.. Please?? // I ask for this because Apple locks down iphones host file and I can for the life of me figure out how to make dns work with my iphone so every tab gives me

"tower:8080\myMain"

and I am force to type in

192.168.xxx.xxx:8080\myMain

so it works,,, need a another tab start typing again :-\  :'( .

this makes a quick check :) into rather boot to a laptop than use Iphone or tablet or ipad  :o .....

I had the same issue with my iPhone and I found another solution. Depending on how many options your router has you can add a "Domain Override" to your  DNS forwarder settings. What this does is every time you type //Tower into a browser it will redirect it to //192.168.1.XX. That fixed the issue with my iPhone.

I will try it. I use dd-wrt so I hope it does because it is so annoying. Thank you 

Thornwood

unMENU has a setting you can add to the unmenu.conf file that will force it to use the IP address.

Simply add a line to unmenu.conf that looks like this:

MyHost=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX= your IP address of your server.

As far as the images requiring a password, use the package manager and install the "Image Server" and set it to re-install on reboot.

unMENU will then use it instead of the unRAID emhttp to serve the images and not require a password.