unMENU 1.6 - now available (A major upgrade in appearance)

What does the Smart History tab do then? I was thinking that would show a summary of previous tests, but I can't get it to work. I guess it doesn't really matter, I don't really understand the results. But it would be nice to at least have some sort of pass/fail indication. As it is now I don't even know if the test completed. I'll take a look at myMain and see if the results are there. Maybe I just missed them last night.

That is for the smarthistory PHP plugin to automatically retrieve smart reports and present them in a chart showing the smart report history over time.  But unless you create a smarthistory directory and download the PHP plugin into it.  That TAB does NOTHING.

Can I do this from Pkg Manager?

I will have to find the thread because I don't believe it is in the Pkg Manager.

Do the results get displayed or is it just a text entry that a test was run?

If there are no errors then you will get a standard smart report with the only difference being that it shows a test has been run and the date - I believe.  The first smart report after the test has been run may have more data.  I don't actually know as I've only run one smart test before and it showed up rather cryptically when I looked.

Original smarthistory thread: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3146

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if it's possible to change the port UnMENU is running on? Since sabnzbd by default wants 8080 as well, it would be great to move UnMENU to 8000 or something similar.

I know with Docker you can redirect the port from the default, but I was thinking this would be a good option as well.

Is this possible?

I upgraded to v6b6 today.  The first thing I did was re-install unmenu!  I noticed that there is no JRE package (and many others missing too).  Has anyone yet built a 64-bit JRE install package?  I'd be interested if you have.

EDIT:

I figured out how to install the 64Bit JRE v1.7.0_60.  It's the openjdk version.  Looking at the unMenu conf file I used to install JRE when I was on unRaid v5, I think I can create a new .conf file for everyone else to use. 

To test my 64bit JRE install I tried to run Subsonic, because I know it requires Java, and I'm getting an error.  The error is that the file libgio-2.0.so.0 can not be found.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with the JRE install or not.  I figure if I can't get Subsonic to run, then I can't yet trust my install of Java.

EDIT #2:

Attached is a .conf to install the 64Bit version of JRE.  I figured out my Subsonic issue.  After JRE was installed there were still 2 dependencies missing in unraid v6, glib2 & libffi.  Neither of these dependencies were related to Java.  I guess these two libraries are built into the 32Bit version of unraid but missing from the 64Bit version.

jre-unmenu-package-x86_64.conf

• 2 weeks later...

So am I correct in thinking that packages not listed in the package manager in unmenu for unraid 6 are not available or do not work in 64 bit? In comparison I'm seeing a much shorter list vs my Unraid 5 unmenu package manager.

Also the DS Store script ... does it work with unraid 6?

I'm testing 6 out with a new flash drive to see if an upgrade is possible withe the things i use cleaning out ._ files is a definate one... .DS i can set my mac to not write them to network drives so that's not an issue.

and I was curious is there a reason the Clean Powerdown package is listed twice (unraid 6) ? When I installed one it updated both.. so maybe just an accident?

Thanks for you any info you can provide.

So am I correct in thinking that packages not listed in the package manager in unmenu for unraid 6 are not available or do not work in 64 bit? In comparison I'm seeing a much shorter list vs my Unraid 5 unmenu package manager.

Correct.

Also the DS Store script ... does it work with unraid 6?

If I remember correctly, it is only a shell script, it should work just fine.  Do you see it listed in the package manager?

As you described, ONLY the packages that are 64 bit compatible will appear.  If you are seeing 32 bit packages you are not running the newer version of the package manager.  (Use the check-for-updates and subsequent install-updates buttons on the user-scripts page to update it.)

I'm testing 6 out with a new flash drive to see if an upgrade is possible withe the things i use cleaning out ._ files is a definate one... .DS i can set my mac to not write them to network drives so that's not an issue.

and I was curious is there a reason the Clean Powerdown package is listed twice (unraid 6) ? When I installed one it updated both.. so maybe just an accident?

You must have two different .conf files. 

the package manager only displays what you have in the /boot/packages directory.

Thanks for you any info you can provide.

You are welcome.

the DS Store script ... does it work with unraid 6?

If I remember correctly, it is only a shell script, it should work just fine.  Do you see it listed in the package manager?

Yes I did see it but like another person a few posts back kept giving me the error of directory does not exist ... even after I created it, it still would not allow me to install it. I must be doing something wrong. This is the last thing to keep me from upgrading to V6.

You must have two different .conf files. 

the package manager only displays what you have in the /boot/packages directory.

Sure enough two .conf files

powerdown_ctlaltdel-unmenu-package.conf

powerdown-2.06_ctlaltdel-unmenu-package.conf

Thank you again, I like many others have always appreciated the great help unmenu has provided to unraid server users!

Yes I did see it but like another person a few posts back kept giving me the error of directory does not exist ... even after I created it, it still would not allow me to install it. I must be doing something wrong. This is the last thing to keep me from upgrading to V6.

I got the same error trying to install it with 5.0.5. Had to install an older version. Not sure if it's compatible with vs 6 though.

Perhaps I'm not really finding out what my issue is.  This is the error on the bottom - You must have a DNS Nameserver and Gateway defined in your unRAID setup before you can continue..

For most people, these are both set to the IP address of your router.

So I'm guessing the Gateway is Gateway in the network settings but what is the nameserver? 

Also - I use the default gateway address of my router as the address for the gateway? 

Sorry if this is covered somewhere in the wiki but I'm having a hard time finding the info. 

Perhaps I'm not really finding out what my issue is.  This is the error on the bottom - You must have a DNS Nameserver and Gateway defined in your unRAID setup before you can continue..

For most people, these are both set to the IP address of your router.

So I'm guessing the Gateway is Gateway in the network settings but what is the nameserver? 

Also - I use the default gateway address of my router as the address for the gateway? 

Sorry if this is covered somewhere in the wiki but I'm having a hard time finding the info.

You are correct in that the gateway address of your router should be the gateway. Likely this will be your nameserver as well (which is used to resolve DNS queries). If you have a Windows box you can go to a Command Prompt and type ipconfig /all which will confirm your gateway and nameserver. You will see 'Default Gateway' and 'DNS Servers' which are what you need.

Umm...it automatically deletes my gateway...Should I just do an uninstall of unmenu and start over?

I am guessing you have manually set an IP address on your UnRAID server and are not using DHCP. Is this correct?

If so, you can manually edit the network.cfg file on the USB drive under \config.

The first lines should look like this:

USE_DHCP="no"

IPADDR="192.168.1.40" <-- This is likely already set if you have a manual IP defined

NETMASK="255.255.255.0"

GATEWAY="192.168.1.1" <-- Make sure the first 3 octets are the same as your IP - For instance. 192.168.1

DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"

DNS_SERVER1="192.168.1.1" <-- Same as Gateway. Make sure the first 3 octets are the same as your IP.

Yeah but that didn't work either.  I'm thinking I should just do an uninstall

You can try that, but keep in mind that the IP setttings are a part of UnRAID itself - nothing to do with UnMENU. UnMENU is just looking to use them to download pieces of itself.

A better/quicker solution might be to re-enable DHCP and reboot UnRAID. It should get these settings along with a dynamic IP. Install UnMENU and then you can manually put back your IP settings.

More of  frustration thing.  So far unraid works for me exactly like how I want it.  Unmenu works also (for lack of a better term but I hardly use it) and I want to upgrade and I'm freaked that upgrading will screw up what I've already done.

Buuuuttt...

I do appreciate your help bkastner!  If you're ever in Michigan I owe you a beer. 

welp - trying to uninstall and then install did absolutely nothing....what to do, what to do....is the DHCP the "obtain IP address automatically" on unraid?

More of  frustration thing.  So far unraid works for me exactly like how I want it.  Unmenu works also (for lack of a better term but I hardly use it) and I want to upgrade and I'm freaked that upgrading will screw up what I've already done.

Buuuuttt...

I do appreciate your help bkastner!  If you're ever in Michigan I owe you a beer. 

welp - trying to uninstall and then install did absolutely nothing....what to do, what to do....is the DHCP the "obtain IP address automatically" on unraid?

I know others have previously reported issues with having these settings stick, however I don't understand why as it should be very easy to do. Switching to DHCP is almost 100% going to fix the UnMENU issue, but whether you will be able to easily get back to your current IP is another thing. What you could do (depending on how technical you are) is set a DHCP reservation on your router (which is presumably your DHCP Server). In the reservation you could specify the current IP address is the one to assign to UnRAID based on the MAC address.

This would solve all your issues - UnMENU can install fine, and your server will still have the IP address you expect.