unMENU 1.6 - now available (A major upgrade in appearance)

What does it mean in unmenu when its says installed but not downloaded?  Does that mean unraid has it and unmenu is just seeing it?

Yes. There is a line in the package.conf file that describes what file and possibly version to match, and if it matches, it shows installed.

In your specific example, these are the relevant lines. The package file doesn't exist in the package folder on your flash drive, so it shows not downloaded. The package installed matches what is in the /usr/lib folder already.

PACKAGE_URL http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-12.1/slackware/a/cxxlibs-6.0.9-i486-1.tgz
PACKAGE_FILE cxxlibs-6.0.9-i486-4.tgz
PACKAGE_INSTALLED /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
PACKAGE_MD5 ad8c0c5789581a947fd0a387c2f5be8a
PACKAGE_DEPENDENCIES none
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION test -f /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 && echo "/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 already exists. Package not installed."
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION test ! -f /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 && installpkg cxxlibs-6.0.9-i486-4.tgz
PACKAGE_VERSION_TEST ls --time-style=long-iso -l /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | awk '{print $10}'
PACKAGE_VERSION_STRING libstdc++.so.6.0.9

What does it mean in unmenu when its says installed but not downloaded?  Does that mean unraid has it and unmenu is just seeing it?

For example.

cxxlibs-6.0.9-i486.tgz library accidentally left out of unRAID 4.4-beta2 through 4.5beta5
Installed, Not Downloaded
Description:	"C++" support libraries used by the smartctl program. 
Unless you are running a version of unRAID where this /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 library was accidentally omitted, there is no need to install this library. It is only needed if you are running unRAID 4.4-beta2 through 4.5-beta5
This package will NOT install itself if /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 already exists on your server

Exactly.  That library was accidentally left out of several old 4.4 releases of unRAID.  It has properly been included since.  unMENU sees it is present even though you did not download it.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe

I am running unMenu on 6 beta 14. It is not able to mount an iso. I believe is says in the notes that this feature is good until 4.? of unraid. Is it possible to get this feature available in 6? I don't know much about coding so I don't know if it is something simple to fix or extremely involved. Thought I would ask.

Thanks for all the great stuff you are doing.

Hi Joe

I am running unMenu on 6 beta 14. It is not able to mount an iso. I believe is says in the notes that this feature is good until 4.? of unraid. Is it possible to get this feature available in 6? I don't know much about coding so I don't know if it is something simple to fix or extremely involved. Thought I would ask.

Thanks for all the great stuff you are doing.

To mount ANY file system you must have an appropriate driver for that file-system type.  It has nothing to do with the version of unRAID.

What file-system is your ISO file?  It will NOT work with DVD ISO files, as they use a file-system type not supported in unRAID.  It will probably work with ISO images of install disks.

Basically, you need to create a mount-point (an empty directory) and then use the "mount" command with the appropriate arguments for your file-system type. (and have a driver in unRAID for that file-system type)

I have no idea about 6.X unRAID, my server is still on 4.7. 

• 3 weeks later...

help im lost. everything was fine then i couldn't access unmenu via tower:8080. no changes had been made for some time and been running v5.0.6 of unraid.

if i typed in ip xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080 unmenu main would display. if i let it auto refresh i get a timeout error, if i click any of the menu tabs i get a time out error. using ip:8080/"desired page here" it works but none of the icons pictures display. i pulled flash drive from server and ran chkdisk on my windows pc and it found and corrected errors. reinstalled in server and got same results. frustarted i decided to start over and install my new flash with unraid v6.14b and did a clean install of unmenu. same results. i also have the same results from a laptop and my android phone. I am guessing at this point I have developed some kind of network issue but i do not know. I hope somebody can help me diagnose my situation and help me get my unmenu back please.

Air Video seems to be broken for downloading and installing at the moment.

Now, I don't think it is an unMENU issue but the links to these files seem down. Anybody got a mirror of the files so I can install?

Package URL:	http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/download/linux/alpha6/AirVideoServerLinux.jar
Package File:	AirVideoServerLinux.jar
md5 Checksum:	b619c088eea230afa92181393a36e1c0 (NOT matched - download may be corrupted or download URL no longer valid.)

Addl. Pkg. URL-5:	http://lp.slackwaresupport.com/Slackware-11.0/X11/mpeg4ip/mpeg4ip-1.5.0.1-i486-1ahl.tgz
Addl. Pkg. File-5:	mpeg4ip-1.5.0.1-i486-1ahl.tgz
Addl. md5 Checksum:	2b50c235deb0236e59e5d7200acf0cea (NOT matched - download may be corrupted, or download URL no longer valid.)

Addl. Pkg. URL-14:	http://inmethod.com/air-video/download/ffmpeg-for-2.4.5-beta6.tar.bz2
Addl. Pkg. File-14:	ffmpeg-for-2.4.5-beta6.tar.bz2
Addl. md5 Checksum:	241844e9d41bbd9f8852955291490910 (NOT matched - download may be corrupted, or download URL no longer valid.)

help im lost. everything was fine then i couldn't access unmenu via tower:8080. no changes had been made for some time and been running v5.0.6 of unraid.

if i typed in ip xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080 unmenu main would display. if i let it auto refresh i get a timeout error, if i click any of the menu tabs i get a time out error. using ip:8080/"desired page here" it works but none of the icons pictures display. i pulled flash drive from server and ran chkdisk on my windows pc and it found and corrected errors. reinstalled in server and got same results. frustarted i decided to start over and install my new flash with unraid v6.14b and did a clean install of unmenu. same results. i also have the same results from a laptop and my android phone. I am guessing at this point I have developed some kind of network issue but i do not know. I hope somebody can help me diagnose my situation and help me get my unmenu back please.

still hoping for a response... am I in the wrong area??

Is unRAID set to local master in SMB settings?

Try checking your unmenu_local.conf file for the following line:

MyHost = <some value>

Set it to the proper value.  If the server IP address if 192.168.1.10 use:

MyHost = 192.168.1.10

You may need to restart unmenu for this to work.

I am recently having the a similar issue. For some reason it appears that unmenu doesn't autostart for me anymore. When I get the gateway timeout I have to telnet in and start unmenu from the command line. Not really any other changes here, running 5.0.5. The next time it happens I'll have to check if the enumerated IP address works vs, tower:8080.

Can anyone clue me in to getting unmenu to autostart again?

I am recently having the a similar issue. For some reason it appears that unmenu doesn't autostart for me anymore. When I get the gateway timeout I have to telnet in and start unmenu from the command line. Not really any other changes here, running 5.0.5. The next time it happens I'll have to check if the enumerated IP address works vs, tower:8080.

Can anyone clue me in to getting unmenu to autostart again?

Add /boot/unmenu/uu to your go file (/boot/config/go) at the bottom

Is unRAID set to local master in SMB settings?

yes

MyHost = <some value>

MyHost = 192.168.1.10

interesting... I do not have that file. only conf files i have are myMain.conf, syslog_match.conf and unmenu.conf

MyHost = <some value>

MyHost = 192.168.1.10

interesting... I do not have that file. only conf files i have are myMain.conf, syslog_match.conf and unmenu.conf

OK< found missing conf file in unraid flash backup from January, copied over to server, restarted unmenu and seems to be working now. thanks for clearing my frustrated vision and steering me to finding the solution.

Sorry if this a wrong to question to ask, I use unMenu and its a wonderful addon. Out of curiosity i just want to understand the architecture behind this addon. I know that a http server runs in unRaid but want to understand how we do the realtime data collections like HDD, CPU, memory utilization...

Please ignore if this question is not relevant here...Thanks

Sorry if this a wrong to question to ask, I use unMenu and its a wonderful addon. Out of curiosity i just want to understand the architecture behind this addon. I know that a http server runs in unRaid but want to understand how we do the realtime data collections like HDD, CPU, memory utilization...

Please ignore if this question is not relevant here...Thanks

unMenu is really an awk script pretending to be an http server, and it is independent of the http server of the unRAID webGUI. You can examine the source code by following the link in the first post.

Trying to install bwm-ng through package manager and get this:

Package URL: http://www.slackers.it/repository/bwm-ng/bwm-ng-0.6-x86_64-4cf.txz'>http://www.slackers.it/repository/bwm-ng/bwm-ng-0.6-x86_64-4cf.txz

Package File: bwm-ng-0.6-x86_64-4cf.txz

md5 Checksum: cf0873841965aac8ba16c5747344b4c8 (NOT matched - download may be corrupted or download URL no longer valid.)

Is there an update/fix that can correct this?

The repository has changed the filename.  I've attached a new version. Copy it to your /boot/unmenu/packages directory.  I've also added "AUTO_UPDATE=NO" to prevent unmenu's update from overwriting it until Joe updates it.

I'm not running the 64 bit unraid so I am unable to test it.  You can verify the links and MD5 here:

http://www.slackers.it/repository/bwm-ng/

(edited to correct location of packages directory)

bwm-ng-unmenu-package-x86_64.conf

Is there a different version for UnRaid 6?  I tried it (different locations though /boot/packages, not /boot/bin/unmenu/packages), but still didn't work.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20150422-r1yp-98kb

Did I miss something?

I'm currently running 6b14, here's the steps i took on my system...

1. in dir boot/unmenu/packages I deleted the file bwm-ng-0.6-x86_64-4cf.txz [if i remember right it was zero bytes]

2. I then dowloaded and copied the .conf file from other post and overwrote existing

3. I then telnet in and restarted unmenu

killall awk

/boot/unmenu/uu

4. installed through unmenu package manager

dont know if all the steps were needed but it worked for me.

Is there a different version for UnRaid 6?  I tried it (different locations though /boot/packages, not /boot/bin/unmenu/packages), but still didn't work.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20150422-r1yp-98kb

Did I miss something?

I'm currently running 6b14, here's the steps i took on my system...

1. in dir boot/unmenu/packages I deleted the file bwm-ng-0.6-x86_64-4cf.txz [if i remember right it was zero bytes]

2. I then dowloaded and copied the .conf file from other post and overwrote existing

3. I then telnet in and restarted unmenu

killall awk

/boot/unmenu/uu

4. installed through unmenu package manager

dont know if all the steps were needed but it worked for me.

wirenut is correct.  I mistyped the packages directory.  Post corrected.

There are 3 references are made to a file that doesn't exist (returns 404):

http://lime-technology.com/images/stories/lime-logo-small.png

Found in:

images/stock/unmenu_horizontal.css

images/stock/unmenu_vertical.css

images/stock/unmenu.css

I guess lime-tech removed that file.

You might try replacing it with http://lime-technology.com/forum-logo.png  (at least that exists)

not sure what the original size was, but you can experiment.