unRAID with SABnzbd

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok...decided to check this out.

Don't have a cache disk or a drive currently outside of array so created a usershare and installed SABnzbd & Sickbeard there to check out.

Still learning about this, zero prior experience.

I seem to have everything installed correctly and have downloaded a nzo and added it to the queue in SABnzbd.

Download speeds seem to be very slow, around 150KB/s so approx 6+hrs for 4GB.

Is this normal? Is it because I did it on the array?

Also noticed that sometimes it goes completely IDLE and just seems to stop all together.

Guess I still have a ton more reading to do.

Whats your DSL max speed because normally it should run at your full speed.  Maybe the array is slowing it down a bit, maybe instead of running to user share try to disk mount?  But I love the way the cache drive works.

Also check to see if the trial is capping you, but I have used both usenetserver and astraweb, i switched to astraweb because one time i was looking for something 600Days old and was supposed to be in usenetservers retention, but it errored.  Astraweb pulled it so I got pissed, but honestly most things worked up to 500 days, i was just angry they advertised 600 days and it didnt complete, though i never had any problems, always ran at full speed and with ssl so you cant ask for much more for $10/mo

so I guess 150KB/s is approx 1200Kb/s which is close to what SpeedTest showed me.

Guess I either need to live with the slow speed or look into getting a better ISP connection (DSL or switch to Cable)

So I'm doing everything manually (find nzo, download nzo, add nzo to queue).  See where can automate nzo to queue.

What all are you doing for determining stuff to download? Automated in any way with criteria?

The best tool to avoid manually is nzbdstatus plugin for firefox.  There is also sabtab for greasemonkey if you are using newzbin.  The best places to search, the good ones are paid are newzbin or even nzbmatrix.  Then there are other free ones which you have to comb through a bit more but like binsearch.info etc. Im sure other people here have others.  Then normally find releases on sites like vcdquality what has been released by the release groups and posted to usenet.  Others will have more to add

Newzbin is the best by far but you have to be invited and even then you have to pay a small fee (bi-yearly or something). Sites like NZBsRus, nzbmatrix and nzbs.org require a one time payment of about 10USD or similar for a lifetime and I think they are worth it.

newzbin doenst need an invitation

i could register myself today without problems

hello again,

astraweb was a very good deal.

using sabnzbd+ in the background feels even better than using a torrent client.

the auto-unrar feature was new for me too, so 10 points here.

i tested it on my windows machine now there stays only one question:

if i would outsource sabnzbd+ to unRAID, would i be able to click nzb files from my workstation to start downloading them from my unRAID?

even if another computer should start the download?

Yup. I also download from my iPhone all the time too.

Hi,

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here, but could you tell me where I can find this addon/extension please?

Joe

Try to google "firefox addon sabnzbd" f.exp. if you use firefox.

There i found https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7617/

The description sounds very promising, although i cannot test it yet.

Good luck