Dynamix - Web GUI

One thing I noticed before the WebGUI went down is that the Dashboard showed that my memory usage was running pretty high, even when the disks where spun down. I'm not sure if that is normal behavior or not, but I have 16GB of RAM in this machine (overkill, I know).

When I first noticed it, it was sitting around 50%.  Over the next day, it went up to 80% then 97% then back down to 80%.  Then next time I looked I couldn't connect.  However, I could pull it up on unRAID menu and it says I was still at 80%.

I think it was somewhere earlier in this thread that I was told that Linux will basically take all available memory for cache, so high memory usage isn't a huge issue. I'll leave the details of how much of 16GB is considered too much, but my machine normally shows 7.5 of 8GB in use, 6+GB for cache.

Freeman - Are you still experience the hanging webGUI?

It's not hung since it's miracle recovery a few posts up, it just seems that stats have broken with the latest updates. I still have that puTTY session open, and I'm using it as I normally would. Still chugging along.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you running crashplan and/or dropbox ?

if you are while the gui is hanging try following in the terminal

/etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox stop

/usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine stop

this will stop both programs and most of the time their excessive memory usage and in my case bring back the gui

I have seen that dropbox when updating large files seems to download first in nv ram and then writes to disk

which in my case exhausts my memory and then writes stuff like the gui to the swap file i presume

which make it take forever to load

if you don't have any plugins installed other then the gui... then somebody else will need to help ya

you running crashplan and/or dropbox ?

Sure am, but not on the server. Running them both from my Windoze 7 machine.

I was gone for several hours, and... the dashboard & stats pages have returned to their normal functionality.

Not sure what's going on, maybe it's something in Firefox.

i doubt firefox is it.. i used both firefox and safari.. neither did showed it properly

i was thinking maybe some other plugin or tool got in the way.. as i have been messin about with it..

so this morning i started with a clean flash again and all works

did put some essential plugins to it.. still works well

perhaps at some point (couple of days) it needs to read too much data or gets purged??

will keep an eye on it

UPDATE: running for 3 days now, still going well.. not sure what the problem was

question or request if possible.

as a NN+ user, i've used the kill process page and the /var/logs from the old SF quite often to check if NN+ was still functioning or to kill one of the update processes.

i can only find the processes page, but the kill buttons are non existent in dynamix, unless i dont know where to look. same goes for the log pages. cant find it, or it's non existent?

everything else works awesome :)

Forgive me, I'm a unix & unRaid newb:

I've searched but clearly not well enough as I can't find some instructions on how to safely remove Simplefeatures so that I can install Dynamix.  I'd rather not go back to stock and remove Plex & Plex updater as I've got those running smoothly now.

Some pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I've searched but clearly not well enough as I can't find some instructions on how to safely remove Simplefeatures so that I can install Dynamix.  I'd rather not go back to stock and remove Plex & Plex updater as I've got those running smoothly now.

Thanks!

Simply go to your flash drive then config/plugins folder.

Delete any folder and file with "simple features" in its title.

Or in case you wanna go back, cut and save them somewhere else.

Reboot with the dynamix plugin in the correct directory and it should be it

There are no commands to run.

Tapatalk on Samsung GS3

I have a \config\simpleFeatures directory with some .cfg files

I have a \plugins directory with a bunch of simpleFeatures .plg files (monitor, webGUI, preclear etc)

I also have a \plugins\simpleFeatures directory with a bunch of .txz and .png files

Do I remove all of these?

Edit:  I took a copy of all the data on the thumb drive and then deleted these files/folders and the stock GUI returned when I rebooted.  I downloaded Dynamix and its working fine and I am in the process of selecting and installing Plugins (starting with Plugin Control).

Thank you!

Thanks!

Simply go to your flash drive then config/plugins folder.

Delete any folder and file with "simple features" in its title.

Or in case you wanna go back, cut and save them somewhere else.

Reboot with the dynamix plugin in the correct directory and it should be it

There are no commands to run.

Tapatalk on Samsung GS3

I updated to the latest version of Dynamix via the Dynamix plugin, rebooted and now my Unraid will not start. I rebooted once agin, this time it came up, but now I do not have any network connectivity.  Rebooted again, just be sure, same thing. I had a static IP i had configured when it was up and running. I went ahead and deleted ALL plugins so i can start fresh rebooted, but now same issue. Does any one have any idea? Im sorry I am not able to share sys log. If need be i can copy a fresh copy of Unraid to a new thumbdrive to start over, the question I would like to know, what files do I need to copy over to the new thumb drive to keep all of my settings as before. Sorry for the longwinded response, but my unraid is completley down right now.

I updated to the latest version of Dynamix via the Dynamix plugin, rebooted and now my Unraid will not start. I rebooted once agin, this time it came up, but now I do not have any network connectivity.  Rebooted again, just be sure, same thing. I had a static IP i had configured when it was up and running. I went ahead and deleted ALL plugins so i can start fresh rebooted, but now same issue. Does any one have any idea? Im sorry I am not able to share sys log. If need be i can copy a fresh copy of Unraid to a new thumbdrive to start over, the question I would like to know, what files do I need to copy over to the new thumb drive to keep all of my settings as before. Sorry for the longwinded response, but my unraid is completley down right now.

Sounds like you can see that it is booting, so you must have a console. If you can login to the console you can get a syslog written to flash and then you could take it to your PC and post it.

Getting a syslog

Correct, i do have access to console sys log, Im not at home at the moment, but i will glady post one up once i get home this evening. Thanks for your help

when struggling to boot, i've been told to backup the usb drive, format it (must be long way, ensure "quick format" is checked off), copy fresh unraid install over, copy all your settings files. basically all folders that you backed up. and i mean only folders and files inside folders, the top files in the flash you get with a fresh install. make the stick bootable and try again.

I'm hoping for a little more help with users and permissions.

Up until tonight, I had no issues writing files from my main PC to Limelight. Even with this share's SMB Security set to Secure and this machine NOT set to rwx. I don't currently have a password for my main PC. There was a few Windows updates that I installed tonight, then rebooted.

I started a file transfer on a few files using Total Commander and saw an access denied error. Saw a similar error using Windows Explorer. There is a second share on the server, so I wrote to that, then moved the files to the correct share using MC.

Should I reboot the server after the change in SMB Security Settings?

Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight emhttp: shcmd (235): :>/etc/samba/smb-shares.conf
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight avahi-daemon[7940]: Files changed, reloading.
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight emhttp: Restart SMB...
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight emhttp: shcmd (236): killall -HUP smbd
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight emhttp: shcmd (237): cp /etc/avahi/services/smb.service- /etc/avahi/services/smb.service
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight avahi-daemon[7940]: Files changed, reloading.
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight avahi-daemon[7940]: Service group file /services/smb.service changed, reloading.
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight emhttp: shcmd (238): ps axc | grep -q rpc.mountd
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight emhttp: _shcmd: shcmd (238): exit status: 1
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight emhttp: shcmd (239): /usr/local/sbin/emhttp_event svcs_restarted
Mar 24 01:29:19 Limelight emhttp_event: svcs_restarted
Mar 24 01:29:20 Limelight avahi-daemon[7940]: Service "Limelight" (/services/smb.service) successfully established.

It sounds like you're skilled at the perms.  My standard suggestions are:

/start of knowledge

There is an extended attributes fix described in the v5.0 install instructions...its easy to miss. Try that.

If you run into problems, there's a trouble shoot thread for it:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31320.msg283059

Also try running the permissions fix:

Its in the webGUI on the UTILS tab.

/end of knowledge

:) After that, you'll need a Unix Wizard to help..

I appreciate the reply. I completed both suggestions, and no change.

Limelight login: root
Linux 3.9.11p-unRAID.
root@Limelight:~# cd ..
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk1/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk2/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk3/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk4/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk5/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk6/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk7/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk8/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk9/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk10/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk11/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk12/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk13/Movies
root@Limelight:/# getfattr -d /mnt/disk14/Movies
getfattr: /mnt/disk14/Movies: No such file or directory
root@Limelight:/#

/usr/local/sbin/newperms
processing /mnt/disk1
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk1
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk1
... sync
processing /mnt/disk10
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk10
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk10
... sync
processing /mnt/disk11
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk11
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk11
... sync
processing /mnt/disk12
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk12
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk12
... sync
processing /mnt/disk13
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk13
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk13
... sync
processing /mnt/disk2
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk2
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk2
... sync
processing /mnt/disk3
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk3
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk3
... sync
processing /mnt/disk4
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk4
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk4
... sync
processing /mnt/disk5
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk5
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk5
... sync
processing /mnt/disk6
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk6
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk6
... sync
processing /mnt/disk7
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk7
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk7
... sync
processing /mnt/disk8
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk8
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk8
... sync
processing /mnt/disk9
... chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X /mnt/disk9
... chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk9
... sync
completed, elapsed time: 00:14:09

Correct, i do have access to console sys log, Im not at home at the moment, but i will glady post one up once i get home this evening. Thanks for your help

when struggling to boot, i've been told to backup the usb drive, format it (must be long way, ensure "quick format" is checked off), copy fresh unraid install over, copy all your settings files. basically all folders that you backed up. and i mean only folders and files inside folders, the top files in the flash you get with a fresh install. make the stick bootable and try again.

Thanks for the advice, this seemed to fix the problem. I copied everything over to a newly formatted thumb drive and it booted normally. I went ahead and created the plugin folder, copied dynamix install and plugin control. Dynamix is working correctly, however when i select reboot, system will hang and not reboot. If I excute a shutdown, system will shutdown. Any hints?

Thanks for the advice, this seemed to fix the problem. I copied everything over to a newly formatted thumb drive and it booted normally. I went ahead and created the plugin folder, copied dynamix install and plugin control. Dynamix is working correctly, however when i select reboot, system will hang and not reboot. If I excute a shutdown, system will shutdown. Any hints?

Did you ever get that syslog?

Just to clarify, when you shutdown, are you using Dynamix to stop the array, then checking the box beside shutdown button, then clicking the button?

When you reboot, are you using Dynamix to stop the array, then checking the box beside reboot button, then clicking the button?

Or are you doing something else when you say you are shutting down or you say you are rebooting?

Did you ever get that syslog?

Just to clarify, when you shutdown, are you using Dynamix to stop the array, then checking the box beside shutdown button, then clicking the button?

When you reboot, are you using Dynamix to stop the array, then checking the box beside reboot button, then clicking the button?

Or are you doing something else when you say you are shutting down or you say you are rebooting?

I can get the syslog file right now,but Im sure it does no good since you guys would like to see the syslog after it hangs.

Correct, when i shutdown or reboot, i stop the array first, then select the options in the shutdown or reboot from dynamix

I can get the syslog file right now,but Im sure it does no good since you guys would like to see the syslog after it hangs.

Correct, when i shutdown or reboot, i stop the array first, then select the options in the shutdown or reboot from dynamix

You could always telnet into unraid and execute the copy command to copy the syslog to the flash drive before shutting down.

I don't remember it off hand, but it's in the wiki, how to do the exact thing.

Additionally, when mine ever hangs, I always telnet and execute the "powerdown" command. Which will shut it down after closing and syncing everything as if it would when doing it with the Web Gui.

Powerdown script is installed with dynamix, but it's also available as it's own standalone plugin

Tapatalk on Samsung GS3

I just set up my first unRaid server and installed Dynamix right away, still running 5.0.5. I also installed the plugin manager and through it all the available plugins but the temperature for my Mainboard and CPU are not shown. So I read the wiki entry, installed perl, the additional sensor stuff and it turns out I only need coretemp. So I added a modprobe coretemp to my go script but nothing is happening. No temps showing and when I check my syslos there is no coretemp to be found. What am I doing wrong?

Also I activated the cache_dirs plugin and during boot (I had the monitor connected) one of the last was: cat /etc/cache_dirs.conf file not found

Is this normal?

I just set up my first unRaid server and installed Dynamix right away, still running 5.0.5. I also installed the plugin manager and through it all the available plugins but the temperature for my Mainboard and CPU are not shown. So I read the wiki entry, installed perl, the additional sensor stuff and it turns out I only need coretemp. So I added a modprobe coretemp to my go script but nothing is happening. No temps showing and when I check my syslos there is no coretemp to be found. What am I doing wrong?

Also I activated the cache_dirs plugin and during boot (I had the monitor connected) one of the last was: cat /etc/cache_dirs.conf file not found

Is this normal?

If you run modprobe coretemp from a telnet session what happens?  How are you ensuring that all the packages you need are being installed before your run modprobe coretemp?

Is this normal?

If you run modprobe coretemp from a telnet session what happens?  How are you ensuring that all the packages you need are being installed before your run modprobe coretemp?

Also, did you create and put your sensors.conf file in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix?

Yes I did create the config and copied it to /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/sensors.conf

I did ran modprobe coretemp on the shell before, but nothing happened, no error, just nothing. So I thought it would be fine and rebooted unRaid to see if the temps show up. I didn't knew that I need additional packages for it to work. And I put the modprobe entry just after the emhttp in go the file, the only thing that is it followed by is the powerdown script (although that doesn't seem to work as well, but that's another thing). During boot I at least see that the powerdown script gets installed, so the go script is executed correctly.

So which package do I need for coretemp to work?

• Squid locked this topic