[REPO] IronicBadgers ArchVM Repo <--- deprecated 01/07/2014

I'm going to move the repo to a new home this week probably. Had a few issues with symlinks on my current hosting (the cause of the jdk issue).

Will update you all when ready. :)

Not wanting to pressure you, but do you have an eta yet?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi badger. i noticed that in AUR there's a new version of plexmediaserver plexpass.  How do i go building a package from what's up there and the buildpkg file? do you have a guide you know of that you could point me to?

Hi apgood see post #99 in this thread from me, it gives you a step by step on creating packages from aur. If you do manage to create the package I would urge you to upload it somewhere and pm ironic with the location so he can add it to the repo, if get stuck then pm me, good luck!

Yeah it was pretty simple.  Installed without a hitch.  I did download and install packer last night.  Seems there is already a prebuilt package for it but couldn't really work out how to use it to install plexpass just seemed to do the same thing as pacman based on the help, but then I might have been using the wrong options...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah it was pretty simple.  Installed without a hitch.  I did download and install packer last night.  Seems there is already a prebuilt package for it but couldn't really work out how to use it to install plexpass just seemed to do the same thing as pacman based on the help, but then I might have been using the wrong options...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

packer -S plexmediaserver-plexpass

(or whatever the package name is) don't forget you'll need base-devel installed for it work properly ( pacman -S base-devel ).

@Ironicbadger:  Is this normal to see that when installing a package with pacman -S ? :

error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.polymorf.fr : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.nl.leaseweb.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.chmuri.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.nluug.nl : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.1favre.de : Could not resolve host: mirror.1favre.de
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.tuxdroid.org : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.limun.org : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.liquidweb.com : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.datacenter.by : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.surlyjake.com : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from arch.tamcore.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from lug.mtu.edu : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.unitedcolo.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.rit.edu : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.mirrors.uk2.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.umd.edu : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.mirror.kangaroot.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from arch.apt-get.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.bytemark.co.uk : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.openlabto.org : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.neutrinopower.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.hactar.bz : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from fruk.org : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.lysator.liu.se : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.yandex.ru : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mir.archlinux.fr : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.byfly.by : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.tku.edu.tw : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.snt.utwente.nl : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from foss.aueb.gr : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror1.htu.tugraz.at : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.mirror.dkm.cz : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.archlinux.no : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
file-5.17-2-x86_64       202.8 KiB   553K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
findutils-4.4.2-5-x...   370.8 KiB  1220K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'flex-2.5.38-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.us.leaseweb.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'flex-2.5.38-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.de.leaseweb.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'flex-2.5.38-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.polymorf.fr : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

Also, after I installed "plexmediaserver-plexpass", It says that 0.9.9.7 version is the latest, but when I check on plex or on ArchLinux site, the package should be 0.9.9.10... How can I make see the last version ??

@Ironicbadger:  Is this normal to see that when installing a package with pacman -S ? :

error: failed retrieving file 'file-5.17-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.polymorf.fr : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

I saw a lot of these errors reported yesterday (or was it the day before?).  I'm not sure what was going on.

Also, after I installed "plexmediaserver-plexpass", It says that 0.9.9.7 version is the latest, but when I check on plex or on ArchLinux site, the package should be 0.9.9.10... How can I make see the last version ??

Have you tried a 'pacman -Syu' to see whether it is included in an update?

the reason your not seeing the later version is that it hasn't been compiled and uploaded to ironicbadger's repo, keep in mind pacman will ONLY search the official arch linux repo (and any custom repo's like ironics), as plex is not in the official repo you wont get updates for it, its in aur.

if you wish to update to the latest version of plex you have the following options:-

1. manually compile the package from AUR followng my instructions here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31648.msg300340#msg300340

2. install base-devel tools and then install packer or yaourt (aur helpers) to automate some of the tasks in the above link

3. wait for somebody else to compile plexmediaserver and upload it to ironicbadger's repo and then do a pacman -Syu

note:- if you do install a aur helper this then gives you the ability to download updates from both the official repo and aur in a single command.

i hope this helps!.

binhex.

I have just attempted to install jdownloader.  I was offered a choice of two java runtimes-  I selected jdk7 from the unraid6repo and was presented with this error:

error: failed retrieving file 'jdk7-7.51-1-x86_64.pkg.tar' from unraid6repo.ktz.me : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

How can I resolve this?  Is jre7, from the extra repo okay to use?  I have had bad experiences of openjdk in the past.

Secondly, I believe that tightvnc has been moved to AUR - would it be possible to have this added to the unraid6repo?

This has now been fixed and updated to latest version too (at last, sorry for the delay I've been busy with Uni and I just got a puppy!!).

Updated Plexpass server version to latest.

Added freenet (be aware this is flagged out of date on AUR).

Also updated xen to 4.4.0-3 (this is not installable in unraid, it's used for me on my own personal arch host ONLY - use only if you understand what this means).

Repo still hasn't moved homes but I do intend to do it.

The repo is moving to it's new home and will be down for a few hours. Once done, it should be more reliable and easier for me to update.

If there are any issues this evening I'd put them down to DNS propagation. Please don't report any errors for 24 hours relating to unable to download repo.db etc, file not found.

Tx

This has now been fixed and updated to latest version too (at last, sorry for the delay I've been busy with Uni and I just got a puppy!!).

Great - thanks for that.  I now have jdownloader up and running.

Also, unraid6repo appears to be accessible from here, so I guess that the move and DNS propagation has been successful!

Followed instructions in above link for Plex pass but getting and error url not found when I run this command -"makepkg -s --asroot" - to create package

The new updated package is in the repo now anyway. Just use that.

pacman -S plexmediaserver-plexpass

shut down plex

us rsync to copy from your plex library ... you know, the fodlers you defined in the unraid Plex Gui under "Library" and "Temp"

Then to test that it is working right, point your unraid Plex Gui to that new location and fire up plex.  If it works all peachy then you know you got it right.  If not, then you didn't.  Like in my case I did it just last night and mucked up the directories.  No biggie, I just mv'ed Library out of the /Plex/Plex nested directory I accidently created, but it was still a good test for me to see I had mucked even that up :)

I have plex installed in the archVM not in unraid gui

yes.... we know that.

re-read the above post from jumperalex until you understand it :)

To be fair my post did indeed assume he was running it as a plugin ... which was [derrrr] silly since this is a VM thread. You can tell because I reference the unraid plex gui which doesn't exist if running plex in a VM.

That said, here is what you need to know https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201539237-Backing-Up-Plex-Media-Server-Data ... I didn't see where they say to shut down the plex service but I still HIGHLY recommend it.

Then to test if you backed it up correctly ... well ... I have not tried that yet but it will involve firing up plex again, going into the advanced settings and pointing plex at the backedup location.  what I don't know is how it will behave when you make that change.  Do you have to shutdown and restart, will it be an instant switch over?  if you point it at a bad location you should see plex behave as if this is the first time you run it?  Im' not sure.  BUT, you now have the instructions on backing up right from Plex's mouth.  Any more discussion on the matter should probably be in a Plex Forum, or in an unraid plex thread to keep this thread on topic.