[REPO] IronicBadgers ArchVM Repo <--- deprecated 01/07/2014

Where does the mediafrontpage-git package install? It doesn't sit in the /opt directory where other apps do.

Take a peak at the pkgbuild file on AUR for it.

I'm v busy with uni for the next few weeks so updates will be slow from me. Just a heads up.

--------

For now go ahead and install base-devel and packer or yaourt to build the packages yourself. Its super easy with packer.

packer -S plexmediaserver

If you run into issues, just post and I'll help where I can.

Sent from my S4 via Tapatalk

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do the update from AUR (Install Yaourt or packer), much easier than wait for one guy to catch up on new releases.....

Got latest plex version compiled and installed, also plexconnect installed on the VM, so my ATV3 can now use the plex server  8) 8)

//Peter

I messed around with trying to do that last night but wasn't successful. I'll see about trying packman to install Yaourt tonight after work.

Could you add Pyload, Transmission, jdownloader, Freerapid downloader and utserver please? They are all available at AUR. cant wait to upgrade to 6.0!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Really hope you can add those, except transmission of course. Thanks

Could you add Pyload, Transmission, jdownloader, Freerapid downloader and utserver please? They are all available at AUR. cant wait to upgrade to 6.0!!

All added except Transmission.  8)

added packages:

- pyload-0.4.9-16-any.pkg

- jdownloader-0.3.3-1-any.pkg

- freerapid-0.9u3-1-any.pkg

- utserver-30235-2-x86_64.pkg

- grive-0.3.0-1-x86_64.pkg

- gpodder3-3.6.1-1-any.pkg

- python2-mygpoclient-1.7-3-any.pkg (dep of gpodder)

- subsonic-4.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar

updated packages:

- plexmediaserver-plexpass-0.9.9.7.429-1-x86_64.pkg.tar

- plexmediaserver-0.9.9.7.429-0-x86_64.pkg.tar

ZoneMinder is something that would be useful. Might be the first one I try to build myself.

Just had a look at this and requires a s**ton of dependencies. Each one I have to build manually. ARE YOU SURE you want / need this? It may be a good time to learn to do it yourself for this particular package.

cambozola-0.935-1  
perl-astro-suntime-0.01-1  
perl-expect-1.21-1  
perl-net-sftp-foreign-1.75-1  
perl-php-serialization-0.34-1  
perl-sys-mmap-0.16-1  
perl-x10-0.03-1  
zoneminder-1.26.3-28 

ZoneMinder is something that would be useful. Might be the first one I try to build myself.

Just had a look at this and requires a s**ton of dependencies. Each one I have to build manually. ARE YOU SURE you want / need this? It may be a good time to learn to do it yourself for this particular package.

cambozola-0.935-1  
perl-astro-suntime-0.01-1  
perl-expect-1.21-1  
perl-net-sftp-foreign-1.75-1  
perl-php-serialization-0.34-1  
perl-sys-mmap-0.16-1  
perl-x10-0.03-1  
zoneminder-1.26.3-28 

Yeah, no drama IB.  It's not urgent and something I'll look at in time and see if I can pull it together.

All added except Transmission.  8)

added packages:

- pyload-0.4.9-16-any.pkg

- jdownloader-0.3.3-1-any.pkg

- freerapid-0.9u3-1-any.pkg

- utserver-30235-2-x86_64.pkg

- grive-0.3.0-1-x86_64.pkg

- gpodder3-3.6.1-1-any.pkg

- python2-mygpoclient-1.7-3-any.pkg (dep of gpodder)

- subsonic-4.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar

updated packages:

- plexmediaserver-plexpass-0.9.9.7.429-1-x86_64.pkg.tar

- plexmediaserver-0.9.9.7.429-0-x86_64.pkg.tar

Really awesome, man!!! Can't wait for 6.0b4 to finally use all of these!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any joy with compiling that package? Wana just pm your login details so I can do it?

hey man. I really didn't have much time to check this out yet. I'm sure it can't be hard once I've set it up, then you won't have to worry;)

Is there a guide out there? Where's the package source you need to compile from?

If I can't get it, we will figure something out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ironicbadger if you can pm me details to upload to your repo I will upload plex package tomorrow it you want.

You're better PM'ing me the link to the package on your dropbox or something and I'll upload it as I need to update the repodb files and a couple of other things every time a package updates...

ahh balls!, i didnt realize to compile the plexpass app you needed to be a plexpass member, sorry my bad ironicbadger, i thought the issue you mentioned was due to a licencing restriction with distribution and NOT because you physically couldn't download the source files, i too am not a plexpass member so cant grab the files to compile the package  :-[

ok so over to anybody with a valid plexpass member account, this is how you would compile a package from AUR, if you can succesfully do this then please send a link to the compiled package over to ironicbadger so he can include it in his repo.

How to create compiled packages from AUR

[*]run command "pacman -Syu" - ensures your running up to date arch linux

[*]run command "pacman -S --needed base-devel" - this installs required libraries to compile

[*]run command "pacman -S wget" - this allows easy download of tarball to vm

[*]go to aur and search for required app https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?setlang=en

[*]click on name of app and copy link address for "Download tarball" link on the right

[*]run command "wget <url of download tarball link on aur>

[*]run command "tar -xzf <name of tarball file downloaded>

[*]switch to folder created by the untar command above

[*]run command "makepkg -s --asroot" - to create package

[*]run command "pacman -U <resulting compiled package with tar.xz extension>" - this installs the package

the above looks like a lot of steps, in reality you can very quickly compile a package for any app with little effort, of course the preferred way is to use a central repo (such as ironic's) to reduce the number of people having to do the above to a minimum  ;)

edit - hehehe it looks like if you put in any username and password it allows the download  8), pm will be sent with link to compiled package in next 30 mins.