SMART paramater tracking database

Reviving this thread because I believe my issue is pertinent to this "support" thread:

Will an unRAID v6 version be supported (or is specifically building a 64-bit version)?

I have this installed in both a v5 and the beta v6 but it is in v6 where there are problems:

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line ###

The above error is repeated ad nauseum before displaying the statistics of each drive.

Thats a php configuration thing.

If you look for

date.timezone = "US/Chicago"

in the file

/etc/httpd/php.ini

and update it according to this link

http://php.net/manual/en/datetime.configuration.php

That should fix it.  Ran across the same problem with plexWatchWeb.  FYI  "US/Central" is not correct syntax (the default setting)

EDIT: You said problem is only in V6... you can probably ignore my stupid post ;)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: You said problem is only in V6... you can probably ignore my stupid post ;)

Yes, only with unRAID v6.

Under v5 it works perfectly.  I just upgraded v6b3 on my second, smaller unRAID and that's when I immediately noticed the that error with SMART History feature...

• 1 month later...

Somebody can make a plg from this? I would be really useful as the current stock webgui doesn't show such useful information...

Have you installed unmenu and looked at the myMain smart view. It does a good job of showing you, on one screen, a picture of all of the smart issues across all of your drives.

Click on the myMain Instructions link below and you'll see a sample screen.

Reviving this thread because I believe my issue is pertinent to this "support" thread:

Will an unRAID v6 version be supported (or is specifically building a 64-bit version)?

I have this installed in both a v5 and the beta v6 but it is in v6 where there are problems:

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /boot/smarthistory/smarthistory.php on line ###

The above error is repeated ad nauseum before displaying the statistics of each drive.

You can fix this error by placing the following code at the top of the smarthistory.php file:

if( ! ini_get('date.timezone') )
{
    date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago');
}

Change 'America/Chicago' to your own timezone as listed here:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Basically, those few lines set the default timezone in the php file rather than the php.ini file.

Gary

• 1 month later...

do we know if the smarthistory plugin works again with V6 Beta 6 as previous version had issues with php?

I just used it last night on 3 6b5a arrays.  It might be taking longer to display then normal but that could just be me.  Also I didn't look for any errors in the logs so there might be some of those.  But the graphics and values for the drives appear to match what I get with a manual smart report from myMain.  Haven't updated to 6b6 yet so can't say there.  But I'm not getting the timezone errors but I believe I updated the PHP file like GHunter suggested.  What other issues were there or is that it?

Sorry typed too fast had to clean up my post.

Well I checked my php files and I don't see that I modified them like I thought but I don't see any errors on the screen or in the log either.  So what should I be looking for because I'm missing it?  Maybe it doesn't show up when using unmenu?  As that is how I run smarthistory - the "smarthistory" tab.