[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

I see they updated. I'm going to add it back in on the next update but make it an optional install. That way if serviio is updated and it stops loading again, users can uncheck the webGui option and reboot to get their servers running again without the GUI.

Just updated my plugins i use from v1.5 to 2.0.  I really debated doing this as everything works with v1.5.  But I wanted the storage of the apps ofline so if they are not available, my server will still boot.  I have been burned by that before where I had to remove a plugin as the server was offline and my system would not boot. 

Everything appeared to go smooth with the upgrade and no issues other than the one comment below.

Procedure using MS Windows with flash drive exported for others in case they want to follow same procedure.  I elected go for all plugins at once to just to make sure there were no dependency conflicts.

[*]Verify you can reach the web interface of each of the applications you will be updating.

[*]Browse to your unRaid server in the Network Neighborhood.

[*]Make new directory in \\TOWER\flash\config\plugins.

[*]Save appropriate plugins to new directory.

[*]Edit the files to remove the ".txt" extension.

[*]Create a directory called "old plugins".

[*]Move the plugins you are going to updated into the "old plugins" directory.  If any of the plugins have the ".old" extension, move them also.

[*]Copy and Paste the new v2 plugins to the "\\TOWER\flash\config\plugins" directory level.

[*]Shutdown and Restart your server.

[*]After it boots up, verify you can reach the web interface of each of the applications you just updated.

[*]Verify you can access the plugin control on the Settings page of your server.  Give them time to load.  The first time you open them they maybe be a little slower than you are used to.

@Phaze, separate issue as an FYI.  I was going back to SAB's plugin to check the time it takes to open, I got the following error message.  Clicking the settings tab and trying again resulted in no error.  Not sure if the is an LT error or plugin error.  I have never seen it before  I have not been able to reproduce it.

"Warning: passthru(): Cannot execute a blank command in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 277 "

Can't say I've ever seen that error either but of its not coming back again, maybe it was a fluke. It's the unraid template (used to display pages i think) missing an element.

Also if you are using persistent install directories you should run the install function once so it downloads the apps to your USB drive since with persistent install directories it never gets the chance to run the install until the next app update. That is just if you don't see the app install files in the apps bundle folder.

The command -  /etc/rc.d/rc.APPNAME install

ALSO I'm glad to hear it all went well with the upgrade. :)

Also if you are using persistent install directories you should run the install function once so it downloads the apps to your USB drive since with persistent install directories it never gets the chance to run the install until the next app update. That is just if you don't see the app install files in the apps bundle folder.

The command -  /etc/rc.d/rc.APPNAME install

Wouldn't the reboot do the same function as running the command above?

Well, if your install directory is persistent, the plugin never installs the app since it detects it as installed on start. The install function does the finding and downloading of the app files before it extracts and installs them.

If you install them to the ram drive (anywhere not in /mnt) then it will download the install files on a reboot since it must reinstall the app on each boot.

So running that command just forced the plugin to download the install files if you have then installed to the cache or array.

Grr  >:(  Double hard drive failure today. No more NAS for me until I can save up for new hard drives.

I'm not sure how this will delay work on updating the plugins but they seem to be working just fine so far. Serviio webgui add-in and flexget will likely be delayed a while now.

Phaze, on another note - I'm having an issue with updating Sonarr.  It is 'Failed integrity test. Aborting installation'.  Is there anything I can do to try and get around this, as at the moment it means I have no Sonarr running.  It happened after triggering an update from within the plugin page.  Have since rebooted and it has persisted.

The previous version exists on the USB drive, so I'm guessing something in your plugin code is overriding that when it finds the new version online.  The on screen log is passing by very quickly, but it is failing shortly after contacting update.nzbdrone.com

Is there anywhere that the install attempt is logged, so I can check if it might be something my side?  (Assuming it is something with your new md5 checking from what I'm seeing though).  I'm happy to conduct any troubleshooting required while you are array-less :)

I haven't put in pepper logging yet actually, it was going to be added in my next update for all the plugins. If you unplug the server and run the install command it will install the USB version (or just block internet access to it on your router temporarily). As for a log, when you run the install from the Conan like, the output is printed to the stdout so you can read it. Then you can see if it's just failing to download or something else.

Also before all that, move the USB copy to another folder and see if it can install.  Likely just something on their end changed again.

Probably better to ask in Mediabrowser forums but... are you using Chrome for your browser?  I have the same issue, and it does not appear in Firefox, Safari or even Internet Explorer in my Windows VM! (Shocked on that last one.)  Would suggest it has nothing to do with this plugin per se.

You and Phaze answered my question. LOL

I'm using Chromium on Ubuntu. UGH!!!

Now if only I can fix the slow write speeds to my SSD then all will be right in the world.

Whatever the issue was, it's now gone.  I was about to test your recommendations above, but went ahead and clicked install first to see if the problem was still there, and it installed successfully.

Will try and capture more detail from the console if it happens again.. but looks like it could be my side (again!).

Hi,

I've got Unraid 6.12 and tried to install your plugins.

But there seems to be a problem with some plugin control files:

/usr/local/sbin/plugin install https://github.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/raw/master/Plugins/Subsonic.plg 2>&1

plugin: installing: https://github.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/raw/master/Plugins/Subsonic.plg

plugin: downloading https://github.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/raw/master/Plugins/Subsonic.plg

plugin: creating: /tmp/Subsonic-script - from INLINE content

plugin: running: /tmp/Subsonic-script

Cleaning up previous install files...

...Cleanup complete!

Downloading any missing plugin files...

Latest plugin control files downloading

...Unable to download missing plugin control files. Aborting install

plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Please let me know what I can do

Regards,

Athu

Try again. That just means the download failed. It's a failsafe so you don't get corrupted file downloads.

Alternatively, go to my git page under the unRAID/Appsupport section and download that apps  control for and place it on your USB under /boot/config/plugins/appname folder.

Hello PhAzE -

tried installing Mylar v2 plugin but getting this error:

Updating plugin config

Updating export file

Updating application config

Installing Mylar...

Latest version found: f018742c98f8f7224878e85ebb7a472e0014fc17, checking bundle folder for a copy

No copy found on USB. Downloading install file to bundle folder

Failed to download or locate Mylar install file. Aborting installation.

I have never installed this plugin before.  Tried updating the plugin from within the Settings (after downloading copy from 1st post), but no luck.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Try running this command: "/etc/rc.d/rc.Mylar install" and see if it completes. It's just cloning from git so it shouldn't have any issues unless git is down.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  This is the error now:

Installing Mylar...

Latest version found: f018742c98f8f7224878e85ebb7a472e0014fc17, checking bundle folder for a copy

No copy found on USB. Downloading install file to bundle folder

fatal: could not create work tree dir '/tmp/Mylar-f01874'.: Permission denied

rm: cannot remove `/tmp/Mylar-f01874': No such file or directory

Failed to download or locate Mylar install file.  Aborting installation.

Thoughts?

Do you have a directory /tmp ?

Strange that your setup doesn't allow that folder to be created.

Make it manually and try again,

mkdir -p /tmp/Mylar-f01874

See if that works. After you made it, run the install again from the GUI or command line.

Do you have a directory /tmp ?

Strange that your setup doesn't allow that folder to be created.

Make it manually and try again,

mkdir -p /tmp/Mylar-f01874

See if that works. After you made it, run the install again from the GUI or command line.

Yep, it does have a /tmp and your suggestion worked.  Haven't had any problems with your other plugins.  Thank you for your advice (and work)!