Dockerization of some popular applications.

And how many of the packed archives actually use Rar5 format? I've had a lot of success with 7zip when I manually deal with far files.

Nowadays, of the files I get, about 90% as it's quite a bit more efficient than the older format.

I download up to 1TB a week.  :) This is not a RAR5 problem -- unraring in nzbget works outside of docker. It's an "nzbget inside docker" problem.

It does look like there is an issue with long filenames/long paths/long passwords in nzbget under Docker that doesn't occur when unrar is used outside the Docker: http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1489&p=9733#p9732

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it?

How do I get unrar 5.11 in the nzbget Docker? Or is there a binary I can use? The unrar in nzbget is 5.00 BETA 8, which is out of date.

Cheers,

Neil.

There is a one liner for almost everything.

RUN wget http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-x64-5.1.1.tar.gz -qO - | tar -C /usr/bin/ --strip-components=1 -zxf - rar/rar rar/unrar

Add this to the end of the Dockerfile and built the image locally.

Can you please tell me how to add the line to the Dockerfile and build the image locally, thanks!

Trying to get Plex Media Server docker to see my movies. The web GUI works fine (can also see my windoze plex server). I added UNC paths pointing to my movie folders and it scans for a half second and stops. No titles get added.

I had similar issue when I tried to install on 5.05 and ended up going to Windows install that works great. Problem is the laptop can't handle transcoding very well so I wanted the unRaid 6-core CPU to handle it. Just can't get it to see the movies.

Upgraded to v6 10a and installed a cache disk to run dockers. Install went without a hitch and Plex is running on Tower.

I have tried local paths (e.g. /mnt/disk1 etc), UNC paths pointing to both local & other uR server (e.g., //tower/disk1 or //tower2/disk2, etc). In the 5.05 attempt I ran the perms script multiple times (no effect).

Any ideas?

Ps. the windows install sees all the movies and sets them up as expected.

Trying to get Plex Media Server docker to see my movies. The web GUI works fine (can also see my windoze plex server). I added UNC paths pointing to my movie folders and it scans for a half second and stops. No titles get added.

I had similar issue when I tried to install on 5.05 and ended up going to Windows install that works great. Problem is the laptop can't handle transcoding very well so I wanted the unRaid 6-core CPU to handle it. Just can't get it to see the movies.

Upgraded to v6 10a and installed a cache disk to run dockers. Install went without a hitch and Plex is running on Tower.

I have tried local paths (e.g. /mnt/disk1 etc), UNC paths pointing to both local & other uR server (e.g., //tower/disk1 or //tower2/disk2, etc). In the 5.05 attempt I ran the perms script multiple times (no effect).

Any ideas?

Why are you using /mnt/disk1,etc. instead of setting up a TV or Movie share and using /mnt/user/TV or /mnt/user/Movies ?

Any ideas?

Why are you using /mnt/disk1,etc. instead of setting up a TV or Movie share and using /mnt/user/TV or /mnt/user/Movies ?

I don't have any shares defined. I just write to each disk and access it via UNC path.

ps. no users defined either.

Any ideas?

I don't have any shares defined. I just write to each disk and access it via UNC path.

Did you set your mnt path in the docker command or template....you need to assign the path to something sort of like how you map the config to a certain place on the cache....for example

Mnt/disk1: storage

In Plex you wouldn't navigate to the disks...you would look for "storage" which will point to disk1...does that make sense...sorry trying to brief I am on my phone on the train...

Any ideas?

Did you set your mnt path in the docker command or template....you need to assign the path to something sort of like how you map the config to a certain place on the cache....for example

Mnt/disk1: storage

In Plex you wouldn't navigate to the disks...you would look for "storage" which will point to disk1...does that make sense...sorry trying to brief I am on my phone on the train...

I have not defined any "storage" anywhere in the template. Will look for that. Where I am adding the disk paths is via web GUI "add folders" in the Movie libraries section.

Can't do a screenshot but if you are using the dockerman plugin that is installed with 6 there are places for paths...you type want it is called and then a drop down for where it points and you reference the name you gave from within apps in the docker....

I'll post example from command line in a sec

For example in this

docker run -d --net="host" --name="plex" -v /path/to/plex/config:/config -v /path/to/video/files:/data -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 32400:32400 needo/plex

You would change this

/path/to/video/files:/data

So that the path for your data location was where the /path/to/video/files is and name it whatever you want from "data"

What those lines do, data and config, is map a physical location to a pointer name within the docker...you can make as many as you want (don't think there is a limit)....then you would access those locations in app within the docker by navigating to /data or /config....make sense?

How did you add the docker?

Found it, defined data as /mnt/disk1 and Plex is happily indexing that drive now. So my thought is that I need to define each disk as well as the other tower disks?

How do I define a network location for //tower2/disk2? It works fine for all the local disks, just need to pull the rest in :)

Yes you would need to add all the drives if you aren't using shares (which you should!!) ...as for adding other disk sources....i would assume you would use IP address if its a different machine \\192.168.x.x\disk2

Essentially the way you would access it windows with the UNC path

Yes you would need to add all the drives if you aren't using shares (which you should!!) ...as for adding other disk sources....i would assume you would use IP address if its a different machine \\192.168.x.x\disk2

Essentially the way you would access it windows with the UNC path

Not working using //tower2/disk2 or //192.168.1.5/disk2

Is there a way to add network locations to the Plex docker? If so, how?

random thoughts, since it like to use shares, can a network share be mapped as a local share and then added? If so, how?

In short, yes.  What you can do is mount an NFS or SMB share to your server and then pass that mount point through to the container as a volume mapping.  What kind of network protocol did you want to use for this?

random thoughts, since it like to use shares, can a network share be mapped as a local share and then added? If so, how?

In short, yes.  What you can do is mount an NFS or SMB share to your server and then pass that mount point through to the container as a volume mapping.  What kind of network protocol did you want to use for this?

I am using SMB for everything so unless there is a pressing reason to do it differently? From my reading of related posts, I will need to unmount them (there are 5 "remote" shares I need to add) before I try and stop the array? I ran into that yesterday when I didn't stop Plex before attempting to stop it. Resulted in having to shut down using power switch (which resulted in 8 hr parity check).

Is it possible to automate this mount/unmount process?

I am using SMB for everything so unless there is a pressing reason to do it differently? From my reading of related posts, I will need to unmount them (there are 5 "remote" shares I need to add) before I try and stop the array? I ran into that yesterday when I didn't stop Plex before attempting to stop it. Resulted in having to shut down using power switch (which resulted in 8 hr parity check).

Is it possible to automate this mount/unmount process?

Yes. I have always used NFS because it has always just worked for me but some report getting stale file handles. And FYI, array will shutdown OK with NFS still mounted. Its not like a disk mount. I'll post instructions on this soon.