Dockerization of some popular applications.

for the record, this worked. Found it on http://ubuntuforums.org

mkdir /mnt/[localShareName]
mount -t cifs //[netbios-servername]/[sharename] /mnt/[localShareName] -o username=root@[netbios-servername],password=[remote-tower-root-password],iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777

where values in [xyz] are replaced with your variables

Woo hoo!!  So no need for plan B??

Moving forward with Plan B. I realized I still needed a way to transfer the movies between boxes. 2.5 hours into a 843 GB transfer right now with 6 or 7 batches of roughly the same size to follow. :)

I actually do this over the network.  Why not?  You already have the mechanism in place with the mount that you performed.  Here's what you can do:

login via console on tower1 (I'll call them tower1 and tower2 for now).

type "mc" to bring up midnight commander.

browse to your "source" on the left and your "target" on the right.

Select the items on the left you want to move to the right by hitting "ctrl + t" on the keyboard (you can tag multiple files / folders).

Hitting F5 (on your keyboard) will then initiate a "copy" whereas F6 could be used to initiate a "move"

There is even an option to have the job run in the background so you don't have to leave your terminal session open to do this.

I've literally copied terabytes of data with this method and had zero problems.  I was even still streaming movies and running VMs while the copies were going.  no problems.

yep. exactly what I am doing except I use INSERT to select folders from the left.

needo, i've installed your docker for sabnzbd.

can you confirm a "bug" with the port setting?  If you change the port from anything other than 8080 the alternative port isn't written to the sabnzbd.ini, the port is always written to the ini as port 8080.

I've stopped the docker, manually edited the ini to port 8085 and restarted the docker, the port is written back to the ini as 8080.

If you edit the docker port setting from the webui, while the docker is running, and apply the new port, port 8080 is still written to the ini regardless of what port you've set in the webui.

inside the docker, the port of sabnzbd stays at 8080. if you want to connect on an other port to sabnzbd (like 8085), you change this in the docker settings to map port 8085 to 8080.

this way, when you connect to <your-server>:8085, it will route your connection to <sabnzbd-docker>:8085

(the docker ui never changes anything in an application configuration file!)

Hi,

I am currently moving all my applications from a QNAP NAS appliance to my unRAID using your docker containers and so far everything went very smoothly (thanks for your hard work!).

Some minor details I have noticed and am not sure if they are specific to my setup:

SABnzbd container

- Although the container gets a mapping for a potential download directory, the standard setup will download to the directory where the config is located. Since you are starting the container with the setup wizard I guess you plan for the user to change the download directory I am guessing. Just something that came to mind which was different from the NZBGet container.

NZBDrone container

- Connecting to SABnzbd as a downloader didn't work for me and produced a parsing error with the JSON decoder. Possibly the result was XML (this seemed to be the case for other users having similar problems) but it poses the question why NZBDrone couldn't connect to my SABnzbd installation. I double checked the user name, password, API key and the existance of the category but could not get it to work. NZBGet works flawlessly.

- When clicking the update button for a show the updater starts (showing the notification in the bottom right corner) but neither the update notification ever disappears nor does the search icon stop spinning. The logs show no errors, everything updates fine. It is just the UI that seems stuck until I restart the container.

Are these problems reproducable or is it just my installation?

Installed the SABnzbd docker (works great!) but it took over port 8080 and I lost access to unMenu. I see something in config for the SABnzbd docker about remapping ports but have no idea what to put in there. So far I have Plex and SABnzbd  running... what do I need to do to get access to unMenu again?

edit: found post explaining what to do

is there a working docker for nzbget that will unrar ?

I'm not sure what you're referring to? The versions from needo and gfjardim should both unrar fine.

Neilt0 has posted about an issue that's specific to very long file names, but I have yet to run into this problem during normal operation.

I'm not sure what you're referring to? The versions from needo and gfjardim should both unrar fine.

Neilt0 has posted about an issue that's specific to very long file names, but I have yet to run into this problem during normal operation.

ahh sorry i didn't know that i am still on 5.0.5 just trying to find out what i need to setup when i install 6

whats the difference between needo and gfardim versions?

ahh sorry i didn't know that i am still on 5.0.5 just trying to find out what i need to setup when i install 6

I prefer the gfjardim version because you can use the Upgrade inside the Nzbget web-ui, and you can even switch between stable, beta, development branch.

Maybe the needo version now support that too, but I had problems before and since I switched to gfjardim one, it works.

I prefer the gfjardim version because you can use the Upgrade inside the Nzbget web-ui, and you can even switch between stable, beta, development branch.

Maybe the needo version now support that too, but I had problems before and since I switched to gfjardim one, it works.

Thanks that does sound awesome

For some reason NZBDrone refuses to download anything automatically (if i run an episode scan on a season), I have to download via the manual route.  Also it does not move files at all, they are all sitting in my download folder.

I'm pretty sure I have it configured properly (copied my previous config, and changed folders etc). 

Any ideas?

I am trying to configure NZBDrone to play with SABnzbd but when I test the settings I get -

"Test was aborted due to an error: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0."

Any ideas?

Here is my SAB settings -

14dkfb4.jpg

ot3zps.jpg

15ohut2.jpg

2di1209.jpg

I'm sure I messed a path up. Any help is appreciated

yeah, your paths are messed up.

You've set /downloads (what you'd put in SAB) to connect to /mnt/user/Media

Meaning if you want to point SAB to /mnt/user/Media/something, you'd enter /downloads/something as the path in SAB

the /downloads is the same as putting /mnt/user/Media in the path box.

So, for movies you'd enter /downloads/Movies and for TV, you'd enter /downloads/TV

Next, you're entering /cache/apps/... in path boxes for your download locations, but SAB doesn't know what cache/apps is, since you didn't map it in the config file when setting it up.

Now, what I do to avoid all this is put /mnt/user/ and /mnt/user in the SAB config file.

So, under container volume, where you put /downloads, you should change it /mnt/user, then under Host path, where you put /mnt/user/Media, you should change that to /mnt/user also.

This makes it so that when you enter paths in SAB, they look/act the same as in unraid directly, so /mnt/user/Media/whateveryouwant  will work the same in all places.

Finally, by doing the above, you'll still need to fix the path in downloads that has /cache/apps, since /cache isn't in the mapping above.  You could either add one more container > host mapping, and enter /mnt/cache/  to  /mnt/cache/

or you could do what i do, and just make sure the share you want to point to (/cache/apps/whatever) is a share, but set it to be 'cache only', which will force it to stay on the cache drive, but will also show as a regular share, which you could access at /mnt/user/apps/whatever.

I know it may sound confusing, but do you best, and ask if you get stuck.

With regard to above post, i am not able to add existing tv series to nzbdrone, im not sure if my problem is the same as above or maybe slightly different, your damn right its confusing  :o

when i set sab up i imported my settings.ini from the previous v5 plugin install, not sure if that is causing my problem, i just setup the nzbdrone docker as per instructions..my tv share is /mnt/user/tv but it says path does not exist..i tried what you said above but then all my folders in sab i have setup dissapear. can you see where i am going wrong ?

docker.jpg

nzbdrone.jpg

sab2.jpg

sab.jpg

I cant get this right at all  :(

I know that it cant be complicated but this time I'm getting the error "Post Unauthorized /apidownloadclient/test"

11gin2w.png

2yk01w3.png

2l8kbp2.png

140m2hg.png

I have changes both applications to be configured like yours Justin but its still kicking my butt

I have a cache only share called appdata. Inside appdata theres 2 folders - sabnzbd and Nzbdrone. They both look to have their relevant data, so again I think its down to my bad paths

Here I was thinking I would have all my apps up and running in 30mins.  lol

... I'm getting the error "Post Unauthorized /apidownloadclient/test" ...

Where exactly are you getting this error?  When you try to 'install' the docker, when you run it, after install, etc?

I've not heard of, nor seen that error, so I'm not sure what it might mean, but it's not obviously related to incorrect path information, so it might just be something else

One thing to double-check is that all your path info/folder names are all capitalized correctly.  Linux is case-sensitive, so if you have a folder called nzbdrone, but you put NzbDrone in the config, it won't like that.

From looking at your screenshots, it all looks good to me, so I'm guessing something else is going on here.  If you can't make progress from here, you might move the folders from /appdata/thesefolders  to someplace else, so you have them as a backup, but can start "fresh" with a new install.

If you go this route, then I suggest, remove the docker/container, completely, and start from scratch, and let it re-download and install again.

I know it can be frustrating, believe me, but I do think you're close to having it working.

Finally, do make sure that any folders related to docker that you have on your cache are in a share marked as "cache only", otherwise the mover script will move it to the array, and nothing will work tomorrow :)

Where exactly are you getting this error?  When you try to 'install' the docker, when you run it, after install, etc?

I've not heard of, nor seen that error, so I'm not sure what it might mean, but it's not obviously related to incorrect path information, so it might just be something else

One thing to double-check is that all your path info/folder names are all capitalized correctly.  Linux is case-sensitive, so if you have a folder called nzbdrone, but you put NzbDrone in the config, it won't like that.

From looking at your screenshots, it all looks good to me, so I'm guessing something else is going on here.  If you can't make progress from here, you might move the folders from /appdata/thesefolders  to someplace else, so you have them as a backup, but can start "fresh" with a new install.

If you go this route, then I suggest, remove the docker/container, completely, and start from scratch, and let it re-download and install again.

I know it can be frustrating, believe me, but I do think you're close to having it working.

Finally, do make sure that any folders related to docker that you have on your cache are in a share marked as "cache only", otherwise the mover script will move it to the array, and nothing will work tomorrow :)

Thanks for that Justin. I get that error on nzbdrone after I add SABnzbd and press 'test'

This time its just saying - Testing Failed.

Im going to add SAB again from scratch