smdion's Docker Template Repository - Directions and Help Here

... I don't have an EDGE variable set and don't see a way I could add one, there are only paths and ports to edit...

I don't use this, but turn on the Advanced View slider in the upper right.

Already on.

Then just scroll down to the Environment Variables section to add an Environment Variable named EDGE and give it a Value. I don't have any idea whether this docker will use it for anything but that is the way it is done for other dockers.
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmmm I don't directly link to that file that is 404'ing.  apt-get update should find a good link....  Wonder if its something with that host?

well I was looking into this and now my USB drive for unRAID just died and I'm remote.  I've joined the LinuxServer.io team and I'm in the process of moving my repos over.  There is headphones docker that I made in that repo.. try that one.  Do an update applications in the Community Applications plugin and search for headphones.  Point it to the same config folder and it should work.

Thanks for your dockers. I managed to get HTPC Manager up and running. Working pretty well (and 100x easier than UpStatusBoard)

The only issue I have is it occasionally fails to load the stylesheet of the webpage. I.e:

443YY2o.png

but if I press F5 a couple of times it will load correctly:

LdWkgM1.png

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Nothing else on my server has this issue (plex, sab, sb, cp)

It happens through the local ip (192.168.0.2:8085) and through the reverse proxy.

Thanks.

Thanks for your dockers. I managed to get HTPC Manager up and running. Working pretty well (and 100x easier than UpStatusBoard)

The only issue I have is it occasionally fails to load the stylesheet of the webpage. I.e:

443YY2o.png

but if I press F5 a couple of times it will load correctly:

LdWkgM1.png

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Nothing else on my server has this issue (plex, sab, sb, cp)

It happens through the local ip (192.168.0.2:8085) and through the reverse proxy.

Thanks.

I have no idea why this happens. Im having trouble reproducing the error. See

https://github.com/Hellowlol/HTPC-Manager/issues/255 

I have never used that plugin. So I'm not really sure that I'm looking at. I do find it odd that the browser didn't send any headers or that the server didn't respond with headers. And I have no idea why there is google analytics in the  headers as there are no ga in htpc manager (I might add that later to see what modules are used etc)

hey smdion,

Thanks for the Docker container. It works great. Appreciate the effort and time.

One question though I got everything else configured but the SMART monitoring doesn't seem to work, how do I configure the Computer Stats app.

The error says "Successfully imported psutil (2, 2, 1), upgrade to 3.0.0 or higher" and "smartmontools: Required package 'smartmontools' is not installed, or 'smartctl' component is not on the system path. Please install and try again."

Log says this:

2015-07-20 20:50:44    modules.stats    ERROR    Pulling logged in info local variable 'duser' referenced before assignment

relatively inexperienced linux user here - please tell me how to upgrade psutil and install smartmontools  for this to work(console commands would be great).

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhi

hey smdion,

Thanks for the Docker container. It works great. Appreciate the effort and time.

One question though I got everything else configured but the SMART monitoring doesn't seem to work, how do I configure the Computer Stats app.

The error says "Successfully imported psutil (2, 2, 1), upgrade to 3.0.0 or higher" and "smartmontools: Required package 'smartmontools' is not installed, or 'smartctl' component is not on the system path. Please install and try again."

Log says this:

2015-07-20 20:50:44    modules.stats    ERROR    Pulling logged in info local variable 'duser' referenced before assignment

relatively inexperienced linux user here - please tell me how to upgrade psutil and install smartmontools  for this to work(console commands would be great).

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhi

Someone else can correct me, but I'm 99% sure since its running in a docker that it won't pull SMART data from the drive.

Trying the "Beets" docker container. I have a problem with user interaction. When I do "docker exec Beets beet remove artitst" Beets is asking for user input. I have to answer this input with yes or no. The problem I can't answer the question cause Beets ended the command. Has someone any idea how to solve this?

Trying the "Beets" docker container. I have a problem with user interaction. When I do "docker exec Beets beet remove artitst" Beets is asking for user input. I have to answer this input with yes or no. The problem I can't answer the question cause Beets ended the command. Has someone any idea how to solve this?

Don't use this one, but you can get into any container with an interactive bash session. For this one
docker exec -it Beets bash

then you can give it commands, respond to prompts, etc.

I question the legitimacy of this post since ffmpeg is still being used by beets.  if it was depreciated, I assume beets would not use it,  and since I believe headphones uses beets at its core, I would like to assume it is still good.  but then again, I could be wrong and beets will soon be broken, but I have a hard time believing ffmpeg is depreciated, especially since I just installed it on a windows box as well.  What am I missing here?

Unfortunately you can't add ffmpeg to the docker as its been depreciated and libav has taken its place now.

There are two methods, neither is 'easy' for those not familiar with linux. But hopefully with the below steps people will be able to get it done.

Method 1:

To add libav on a PER START basis (meaning every time you restart the docker or the server you need to repeat this process, follow the below.

1) Open a commandline/ssh connection to your server.

2) As root, type "docker ps" and hit return.

You should get something like below.

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                            COMMAND                CREATED            STATUS              PORTS                              NAMES

12fdc06e17e4        smdion/docker-headphones:latest  "/sbin/my_init"        20 minutes ago      Up 20 minutes      0.0.0.0:8086->8181/tcp            Headphones

060eaea63685        gfjardim/dropbox:latest          "/sbin/my_init"        47 hours ago        Up 47 hours                                            Dropbox

3) Take the container ID of your headphones docker and enter the following command and hit return

docker exec -i -t <container id> bash

This will give you a command prompt within the docker.

4) Enter the below command and hit return

apt-get install libav-tools -y

This will download ~45mb of files to add libav to the current docker run.

Once this has completed type 'exit' to disconnect from the docker.

5) In Headphones settings (the cog to the right of Logs) go to the Advanced Settings tab. Change ffmpeg to libav and enabled reencoding as required.

Remember you need to do this everytime the docker starts up

Method 2:

1) Open a commandline to the server as above.

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                            COMMAND                CREATED            STATUS              PORTS                              NAMES

12fdc06e17e4        smdion/docker-headphones:latest  "/sbin/my_init"        20 minutes ago      Up 20 minutes      0.0.0.0:8086->8181/tcp            Headphones

060eaea63685        gfjardim/dropbox:latest          "/sbin/my_init"        47 hours ago        Up 47 hours                                            Dropbox

3) Take the container ID of your headphones docker and enter the following command and hit return

4) Enter the below command and press enter:

vi /etc/my_init.d/libav.sh

5) Hit 'i' on the keyboard to enter edit mode and then enter the following

#!/bin/bash

6) Hit 'esc' then ':' then enter wq and hit return. This will save the file.

7) Enter the following and hit enter

chmod +x /etc/my_init.d/libav.sh

8) Type 'exit' to leave the command window.

9) In Headphones settings (the cog to the right of Logs) go to the Advanced Settings tab. Change ffmpeg to libav and enabled reencoding as required.

This will install libav on start of the docker. This will remain present until the docker it updated, at which point you will need to redo the above steps.

Enjoy libav :)

This is correct, you need the -i -t before exec beets beet and then it works

Don't use this one, but you can get into any container with an interactive bash session. For this one

hey smdion,

Log says this:

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhi

Someone else can correct me, but I'm 99% sure since its running in a docker that it won't pull SMART data from the drive.

Are smartmoontools installed by default? It seems to be missing from the dockerfile. We also need a newer version of psutil. So maybe install it via pip?

Yeah I tried that but I see I forgot one important thing. I forgot the "bash" parameter.

Thank you!

I question the legitimacy of this post since ffmpeg is still being used by beets.  if it was depreciated, I assume beets would not use it,  and since I believe headphones uses beets at its core, I would like to assume it is still good.  but then again, I could be wrong and beets will soon be broken, but I have a hard time believing ffmpeg is depreciated, especially since I just installed it on a windows box as well.  What am I missing here?

Unfortunately you can't add ffmpeg to the docker as its been depreciated and libav has taken its place now.

There are two methods, neither is 'easy' for those not familiar with linux. But hopefully with the below steps people will be able to get it done.

Method 1:

To add libav on a PER START basis (meaning every time you restart the docker or the server you need to repeat this process, follow the below.

1) Open a commandline/ssh connection to your server.

This will give you a command prompt within the docker.

4) Enter the below command and hit return

This will download ~45mb of files to add libav to the current docker run.

Once this has completed type 'exit' to disconnect from the docker.

5) In Headphones settings (the cog to the right of Logs) go to the Advanced Settings tab. Change ffmpeg to libav and enabled reencoding as required.

Remember you need to do this everytime the docker starts up

Method 2:

1) Open a commandline to the server as above.

4) Enter the below command and press enter:

vi /etc/my_init.d/libav.sh

5) Hit 'i' on the keyboard to enter edit mode and then enter the following

#!/bin/bash

6) Hit 'esc' then ':' then enter wq and hit return. This will save the file.

7) Enter the following and hit enter

chmod +x /etc/my_init.d/libav.sh

8) Type 'exit' to leave the command window.

9) In Headphones settings (the cog to the right of Logs) go to the Advanced Settings tab. Change ffmpeg to libav and enabled reencoding as required.

This will install libav on start of the docker. This will remain present until the docker it updated, at which point you will need to redo the above steps.

Enjoy libav :)

This is correct, you need the -i -t before exec beets beet and then it works

Thank you for answer!

Has anyone been able to get Plex working in HTPC Manager? If so, can you post your settings?

No matter what I try I get the following error in the docker log:

modules.plex :: ERROR :: Unable to contact Plex via http://##.#.#.###:32400 error ''

I do have PlexPass, but I'm using the Public branch. The only wrench in the mix is that I have Secure connections: Required on my Plex server, and I'm not willing to change that. Even when I turn that off it doesn't seem to help.

I'm using the NZBdrone/Sonarr build if that matters.

EDIT: Played around with this a bit more, I can confirm this has to do with the "Require secure connections" option in Plex Server settings. I was able to get this working after turning that off, and then it broke again when it turned on. Is this fixable by potentially adding an SSL/HTTPS flag to the HTPC Manager Plex Settings section?

Hey. You are entirely correct. Beets does use ffmpeg. However FFMPEG was removed from the main Ubuntu repos and replaced with LIBAV sometime about a year ago in 14.04. LibAV was a branch of FFMPEG so no functionality was lost, it was and is a schism in the devs. However ffmpeg has now returned to Ubuntu and libav has been removed (yay consistency), so libav-tools can be repalced by ffmpeg in the guide. Alternatively, the Linuxserver Headphones Docker has ffmpeg prebaked in.

Has anyone been able to get Plex working in HTPC Manager? If so, can you post your settings?

No matter what I try I get the following error in the docker log:

modules.plex :: ERROR :: Unable to contact Plex via http://##.#.#.###:32400 error ''

I do have PlexPass, but I'm using the Public branch. The only wrench in the mix is that I have Secure connections: Required on my Plex server, and I'm not willing to change that. Even when I turn that off it doesn't seem to help.

I'm using the NZBdrone/Sonarr build if that matters.

EDIT: Played around with this a bit more, I can confirm this has to do with the "Require secure connections" option in Plex Server settings. I was able to get this working after turning that off, and then it broke again when it turned on. Is this fixable by potentially adding an SSL/HTTPS flag to the HTPC Manager Plex Settings section?

Htpc manager does not support ssl connections to plex. It you wish to use ssl set ssl to preferred. I will not change this as if your planning to expose plex interface to the www, you should use plex.tv s login.

• 2 weeks later...

I am struggling to get reverse proxy working. I keep getting I keep getting 500 errors with ownCloud and couch potato just keeps churning with a blank page until it times out.

I am pretty sure my DNS and SSL certs are setup properly because they worked when I had ownCloud opened up directly without reverse proxy. I also tried putting an info.php file into the /web directory and I can access that no problem on the domain.

I have 443 and 80 both forwarded on my router.

Unraid GUI is remapped to use port 8008.

Reverse proxy docker is using 443 and 80 straight through.

<VirtualHost *:443>
        ServerName my-domain.com
        ServerAlias my-domain.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www

SSLEngine on
SSLProxyEngine on
SSLProxyVerify none
SSLProxyCheckPeerCN off
SSLProxyCheckPeerName off
SSLProxyCheckPeerExpire off
SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT:!SSLv2:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
SSLCertificateFile /config/ssl.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /config/decrypted.ssl.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /config/sub.class1.server.ca.pem
        ProxyRequests off

<Location /owncloud>
	ProxyPass https://192.168.2.100:8000
	ProxyPassReverse https://192.168.2.100:8000
</Location>

<Location /couch>
	ProxyPass https://192.168.2.100:8083/couch
	ProxyPassReverse https://192.168.2.100:8083/couch
</Location>

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

ServerName my-domain.com
        ServerAlias my-domain.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www

SSLEngine on
SSLProxyEngine on
SSLProxyVerify none
SSLProxyCheckPeerCN off
SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
SSLCertificateFile /config/requests/ssl.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /config/requests/decrypted.ssl.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /config/requests/sub.class1.server.ca.pem

<Location />
	ProxyPass https://192.168.2.100:3000
	ProxyPassReverse https://192.168.2.100:3000
</Location>

</VirtualHost>

I also have this in my owncloud config:

'trusted_domains' =>.
  array (
    0 => '192.168.2.100',
    1 => 'my-domain.com',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/owncloud/data',
  'overwritewebroot' => '/owncloud'
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://my-domain.com',
  'overwritehost' => 'my-domain.com',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

I must be overlooking something... any assistance is greatly appreciated!

I'm on my phone at work at the moment but do a forum search for reverse proxy in the docker forum and there is a thread somewhere with some details I posted on my setup. Might help, if you can't get it sorted I'll try and help when I get home in about seven hours. 

Has anybody successfully gotten Subsonic to work behind this reverse proxy? If so, how??

With Madsonic (which should be the same as Subsonic) I use:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName music.yourdomain.com
    ProxyRequests Off
    <Proxy *>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Proxy>
    ProxyPass / http://192.168.0.201:4040/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.0.201:4040/
</VirtualHost>

Change the ports and domain as necessary.

All thanks and credits need to go the the illustrious Mr. CHBMB!

I am struggling to get reverse proxy working. I keep getting I keep getting 500 errors with ownCloud and couch potato just keeps churning with a blank page until it times out.

I must be overlooking something... any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Here's what's in my proxyconfig.conf

(This bit redirects all http traffic to https, which seems like a good idea to me..)

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/?(.*) https://server.com/$1 [R=301,L]

ServerName server.com

<Location />
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Location>
RewriteEngine On
</VirtualHost>

ServerName server.com
DocumentRoot /var/www

SSLEngine on
SSLProtocol All -SSLv2 -SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite AES128+EECDH:AES128+EDH
SSLCertificateFile /config/root/ssl.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /config/root/decryptedssl.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /config/root/sub.class1.server.ca.pem
SSLProxyEngine On
SSLProxyVerify none 
SSLProxyCheckPeerCN off
ProxyRequests off

<Location /owncloud>
ProxyPass https://192.168.0.1:8000
ProxyPassReverse https://192.168.0.1:8000
</Location>

<Location /couch>
ProxyPass http://192.168.0.1:5050/couch
        ProxyPassReverse http://192.168.0.1:5050/couch
AuthUserFile /config/.htpasswd
AuthType Basic
AuthName "CouchPotato"
Require user CHBMB
</Location>

And here's my owncloud config..

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxxxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.1',
    1 => 'server.com',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/owncloud/data',
  'overwritewebroot' => '/owncloud',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://server.com',
  'overwritehost' => 'server.com',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '8.0.4.2',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.0.1',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'oc_CHBMB',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'installed' => true,
  'forcessl' => false,
  'forceSSLforSubdomains' => false,
  'loglevel' => 0,
);

All thanks and credits need to go the the illustrious Mr. CHBMB!

Yeah, I'd have to give credit to smdion for helping me out, especially with owncloud...  ;D

Here's what's in my proxyconfig.conf

(This bit redirects all http traffic to https, which seems like a good idea to me..)

RewriteEngine On

I've been trying to force all traffic to HTTPS, however I have three subdomains in my proxy-config and I can't get it to work...here's my working proxy-config:

DocumentRoot /var/www

SSLEngine on
SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
SSLCertificateFile /config/ssl.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /config/decrypted.ssl.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /config/sub.class1.server.ca.pem

<Location />
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Location>

<Location /sonarr>
                ProxyPass http://10.0.0.19:8989/sonarr
                ProxyPassReverse http://10.0.0.19:8989/sonar
</Location>

<Location /couch>
	ProxyPass http://10.0.0.19:5050/couch
	ProxyPassReverse http://10.0.0.19:5050/couch
</Location>

<Location /sabnzbd>
	ProxyPass http://10.0.0.19:8080/sabnzbd
	ProxyPassReverse http://10.0.0.19:8080/sabnzbd
</Location>

</VirtualHost>

ServerAdmin [email protected]
DocumentRoot /var/www

ServerName requests.server.com

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
Proxypass / http://10.0.0.19:3000/
ProxyPassReverse / http://10.0.0.19:3000/ 
</VirtualHost>

ServerName cam.server.com

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass / http://10.0.0.8:8888/
ProxyPassReverse / http://10.0.0.8:8888/
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot /var/www
ServerName plexpy.server.com

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass / http://10.0.0.19:7676/
ProxyPassReverse / http://10.0.0.19:7676/
</VirtualHost>

When I put in your RewriteRule, for any subdomain I try to reach on Port 80 it simply redirects me to Plex Requests (?).  Existing URLs work ok (www.server.com/sonarr) and will redirect to HTTPS.