NORCO SS-500 5-Bay SATA / SAS Hot Swap Rack Module on sale

gulo

• 2 weeks later...

I have the SuperMicro enclosure in the Antec 900 case, something I noticed was that this case is not as deep as the Antec P100, so the fan on the back of the enclosure sits pretty much over the motherboard, not ideal but it still works.

Why I chose the SuperMicro was mainly the larger and easily accessible fan which I ended up putting a fan controller on it to reduce the fan noise but it still cools pretty good with only about 1 degree extra heat vs. the fan at full speed.

I have the SuperMicro enclosure in the Antec 900 case, something I noticed was that this case is not as deep as the Antec P100, so the fan on the back of the enclosure sits pretty much over the motherboard, not ideal but it still works.

Why I chose the SuperMicro was mainly the larger and easily accessible fan which I ended up putting a fan controller on it to reduce the fan noise but it still cools pretty good with only about 1 degree extra heat vs. the fan at full speed.

We replace all fans on these cages. 

They are not overly loud, but all our customers build strive to be as quite as possible.

Supermicro's use the 92mm fans. Norco's use 80mm. The default Supermicro fans do a fantastic job of cooling the drives, and are high quality. They move a lot of air and are not silent, but the noise is due to the air movement, they don't buzz or make any mechanical noise. You can change them for something quieter that does not cool as well.