Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Regarding the new notifications, I really like them, but if the icons were white/grey when there's no notifications and changed to the green/yellow/red when there's one they would be much more noticeable, I'm afraid as is it could be some time before I notice any new one, though warnings and alerts I also get an email.

As an alternative you could have only one icon and the color would change according to the most serious notification while the number would indicate the total amount, e.g.,

white/grey - no notifications

green - notices only 

yellow - at least one of the notifications is a warning

red - at least one of the notifications is an alert

Don't know if it would be an easy change, but you asked for suggestions  ;)

Installed and working fine so far, no obvious failings. I agree with johnnies first comment for white/grey if no notices are available. I would also prefer the notifications to be aligned to the far right, no reason other than most OS's I am used to keep notifications aligned to an edge and it's more familiar.

Regarding the new notifications, I really like them, but if the icons were white/grey when there's no notifications and changed to the green/yellow/red when there's one they would be much more noticeable, I'm afraid as is it could be some time before I notice any new one, though warnings and alerts I also get an email.

As an alternative you could have only one icon and the color would change according to the most serious notification while the number would indicate the total amount, e.g.,

white/grey - no notifications

green - notices only 

yellow - at least one of the notifications is a warning

red - at least one of the notifications is an alert

Don't know if it would be an easy change, but you asked for suggestions  ;)

Let those suggestions come ;D

A reason I have three counters is that you can see each level of notifications independently (it also filters the history to only show the indicated level). If all is consolidated into a single counter this functionality will get lost..

Changing the background color is a great idea to improve visibility. Thanx

notifications-update1.png.e09049c87c2c36c68b2f9b2e56c17e03.png

I'm doing some testing with Oracle F80 flash accelerator as a cache device, and have a question regarding  the Dynamix System Autofan plugin:

Is it possible to exclude specific drives from the plugin's calculations?

The ssd's attached to the F80's hba have a 74C operating ceiling, and average 50C under load even with 120x38mm delta fan @ 3500rpm.  I would like to leave the plugin default (35-45C) in place for 3.5" HDDs, but the SSD temps on the F80 are maxing out the fans currently.

Thanks!

AFAIK it's not possible at the moment, I would also like to request this, as anytime I do longer writes to my cache SSD it goes 50C+ making all fans speed up unnecessarily.

+1 from my side - same situation: using a SSD as cache drive which usually operates with higher temps than the HDs, thus when things are using the cache drive, fans are spinning up to full speed, which is not necessary.

Simplest solution for this would be to add a setting, that allows to exclude certain drives from the calculation of the max drive temp.

The script already excludes the flash drive:

# Obtain the ID of your flash drive (your flash drive is named "UnRaid" right?)
flash=/dev/`ls -l /dev/disk/by-label| grep UNRAID | cut -d/ -f3 | cut -c 1-3`

# Count the number of drives in your array (ignoring the flash drive we identified)
NUM_OF_DRIVES=$(ls /dev/[hs]d? | grep -v "$flash" | wc -l)

So might not be too hard to add a setting for exclusion for other drives too!?

I would also prefer the notifications to be aligned to the far right, no reason other than most OS's I am used to keep notifications aligned to an edge and it's more familiar.

I am on two minds here. I agree that status placement should be at the edge, but at the same time I like my "power button" in that position...  ;D

notifications-update2.png.c57e29a625f3d6bf267a562e4291c5d7.png

I would also prefer the notifications to be aligned to the far right, no reason other than most OS's I am used to keep notifications aligned to an edge and it's more familiar.

I am on two minds here. I agree that status placement should be at the edge, but at the same time I like my "power button" in that position...  ;D

Add it vertical to the right of the server description box?

I'm graphical incompatible, so it will probably look horrible  ;D

Add it vertical to the right of the server description box?

I'm graphical incompatible, so it will probably look horrible  ;D

I can give that a try, but I am afraid your graphical incompatibility is right. It will depend very much on the background image in use (as you know lots of users have their own custom background).

OK I gave it a try and after the unRAID system had rebooted, I had no shares and no GUI.  But the Flash drive was available.

I had a command line, so I got a diagnostics file which is attached.  I thought I had installed it according to the instructions but I did not find the plugin dynamix.disk.io on the plugin page so I assumed that I did not have it installed. 

I ripped it out the hard way by changing the extension on both the .plg and .txz files of dynamix.bleeding.edge on the Flash Drive.  When I rebooted everything seemed to be back to normal. 

rose-diagnostics-20160914-1613.zip

OK I gave it a try and after the unRAID system had rebooted, I had no shares and no GUI.  But the Flash drive was available.

I had a command line, so I got a diagnostics file which is attached.  I thought I had installed it according to the instructions but I did not find the plugin dynamix.disk.io on the plugin page so I assumed that I did not have it installed. 

I ripped it out the hard way by changing the extension on both the .plg and .txz files of dynamix.bleeding.edge on the Flash Drive.  When I rebooted everything seemed to be back to normal.

When installing the plugin it forcibly overwrites the existing files, hence my recommendation to reboot the server afterwards to get proper operation. Perhaps in your case it was a bit too much?

When installing the plugin it forcibly overwrites the existing files, hence my recommendation to reboot the server afterwards to get proper operation. Perhaps in your case it was a bit too much?

Not quite sure what you mean here.  I did do a second reboot but the situation was still the same--- No GUI and no shares. 

Not quite sure what you mean here.  I did do a second reboot but the situation was still the same--- No GUI and no shares.

Sorry I misread your message, and overlooked the rebooting part.

Sounds like the unpacking and installation had some issue (USB stick?). If you haven't installed version 2016.09.14a yet, you can upgrade and see if it works this time.

Sorry I misread your message, and overlooked the rebooting part.

Sounds like the unpacking and installation had some issue (USB stick?). If you haven't installed version 2016.09.14a yet, you can upgrade and see if it works this time.

Being a glutton for punishment, I did the plugin install again.  Same result.  I have attached the diagnostics file (20160914-1755) after the reboot of the install of bleeding edge plugin and the file (20160914-1808) after I ripped the new plugin out.  Hopefully, these might provide a clue as to what is happening...

rose-diagnostics-20160914-1755.zip

rose-diagnostics-20160914-1808.zip

It has been a while since I looked into the "autofan" plugin.

When time permits I see what I can do (maybe it is as easy as you suggest) or perhaps gfjardim may jump in, a great deal of work came from him!

... I have had a look myself and did some tests, so I will post a modified autofan script.

What it does is:

- detecting the SSD drives in the system

- exclude the SSD drives from the highest-temp-calculation

You might want to add an on-off-switch to allow the user to enable/disable this part.

Tested on my own system and it worked fine; however, I use 'SSD' to identify SSD-drives within the /dev/disk/by-id hive - and I am not sure, if this will work for all brands (works with sandisk SSD fine here).

I also tested, that the script works, if there is multiple SSDs in the system - they would all get excluded (if they can be detected propertly).

Note:

If the detection is not reliable enough, an alternative implementation would be to set the $ssds variable manually in the config, letting the user select the devices to exclude.

autofan.txt

Being a glutton for punishment, I did the plugin install again.  Same result.  I have attached the diagnostics file (20160914-1755) after the reboot of the install of bleeding edge plugin and the file (20160914-1808) after I ripped the new plugin out.  Hopefully, these might provide a clue as to what is happening...

Same thing here.  Installed 14a, and the only exported shares are the flash and no GUI available, and what I'm manually exporting via smb-extra

The array started however.  /mnt/user exists

(And /var/log/plugins shows that dynamix bleeding edge is installed)

Did some research and I found the issue (thanks to diagnostics)...

Frank/Squid what you guys have in "common" is the installed plugin fix common problems, but in this case the name introduce common problems is more appropriate  ;D

Squid doesn't like bash shell so all his scripts are written in PHP...

The loading of the webGUI hangs on the script "scan.php" which is started by the FCP plugin. The reason scan.php gets stuck is that it loads the PHP module DockerClient.php, which had a modification: instead of a hard-coded path reference it queries the web server to obtain the path information dynamically. This works well when pages are loaded thru the browser, but it doesn't when executed as a standalone script.

The solution: back to a hard-coded reference for this PHP module. Not my preference, but I don't want to oblige Squid to change his scripting method. ;)

A new version 2016.09.15 of bleeding edge is available for download/upgrade.

Same thing here.  Installed 14a, and the only exported shares are the flash and no GUI available, and what I'm manually exporting via smb-extra

The array started however.  /mnt/user exists

(And /var/log/plugins shows that dynamix bleeding edge is installed)

Frank/Squid what you guys have in "common" is the installed plugin fix common problems, but in this case the name introduce common problems is more appropriate  ;D

The loading of the webGUI hangs on the script "scan.php" which is started by the FCP plugin. The reason scan.php gets stuck is that it loads the PHP module DockerClient.php, which had a modification: instead of a hard-coded path reference it queries the web server to obtain the path information dynamically. This works well when pages are loaded thru the browser, but it doesn't when executed as a standalone script.

The solution: back to a hard-coded reference for this PHP module. Not my preference, but I don't want to oblige Squid to change his scripting method. ;)

Probably a good thing as CA also has standalone scripts (the backup script) that also requires DockerClient.

The new version fixed that part.  Now, I don't see the buttons at the bottom of the banner.  (Screen shot attached.)  I have attached another diagnostic file...

Oh, the joys of making nine hundred plugins all work together!    ::)

EDIT:  Just checked my email and found this:      ;D

Event: Fix Common Problems
Subject: Warnings have been found with your server.
Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems
Importance: warning

**** The plugin dynamix.bleeding.edge.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server **** 

Capture.JPG.f7e4dcb233719ee9826029d205c717ab.JPG

rose-diagnostics-20160915-0803.zip

EDIT:  Just checked my email and found this:      ;D

Event: Fix Common Problems
Subject: Warnings have been found with your server.
Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems
Importance: warning

**** The plugin dynamix.bleeding.edge.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server **** 

;D ;D ;D

Quick question: did you change the settings "Notifications display" to "Summarized" (see Settings -> Notification settings) ?

Nope and that fixed it.  It appears to be functioning at this point.  I even checked to make sure that the write speed part works and it does. 

I am assuming that big notification blocks will now be 'gone' if I retain the 'Summarized' setting.  GOOD SHOW!!!  After a while, they get in the way even on a 2560X1600 display!

Doesn't work on v6.2 stable, on purpose or mistake? 6.2 stable is not lower than rc5.

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.bleeding.edge.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.bleeding.edge.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.bleeding.edge.plg ... done
plugin: installed unRAID version is too low, require at least version 6.2.0-rc5