Guacamole, wallabag, Observium, Paperwork (Zuhkov's Docker Template Repository)

I deployed the official guac dockers. It took me about 45 minutes to setup and 3 docker containers. They break it into backend, frontend and mysql server so they can update the components individually.

Could you please create a how to for the steps you took to create the official guacamole docker?

I am having an issue with creating the database for guac in my MySQL docker.

Thanks!

yeah, I'll see if I can get some time here to do it.

I used the linuxserver/mysql:latest mysql and then connected to it via the MySQL Workbench on a windows box. I did find that other unraid docker mysqls wouldnt work. It would error on me related to some of the commands in the script.

The biggest issue I had was understanding the mappings between the 3 containers. I needed the container IDs from Advanced View of Docker

I used the Community Applications to search the dockerhub and installed the two guac containers:

https://hub.docker.com/r/glyptodon/guacd/~/dockerfile/

https://hub.docker.com/r/glyptodon/guacamole/~/dockerfile/

and of course linuxserver/mysql:latest from the community applications.

You leave guacd alone..no modifications once its installed

You need to edit guacamole and add in the extra parameters section the info related to the other two containers:

--name guacamole --link 5eea8bdf2d96:guacd  --link 4eaca20cc925:mysql

5eea8bdf2d96 is my guacd container

4eaca20cc925 is my mysql container

You need to add three Variables to the guacamole container:

MYSQL_PASSWORD  - the mysql users password

MYSQL_DATABASE  - the name of the database

MYSQL_USER  - the name of the user who has full rights to the database

As for the script that is run against mysql, I pulled it out of the docker by running this in a shell: docker run --rm glyptodon/guacamole /opt/guacamole/bin/initdb.sh --mysql > initdb.sql

I've attached it as well.

So once you have your script, create a db in mysql, add your user and give it full permissions to the db.

I then ran that initdb.sql against the db.

I bounced the dockers via the unraid gui and it all started up and I could then login via the web interface with the guacadmin user.

It's working pretty well. I have a Win10, a Win7, my unraid shell in there and a couple of other linux boxes.

Good luck!

initdb.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for responding.

I tried with the IP of the tower itself instead of 'tower' or 'Tower' all of those trials failed and returned the same error as in the screenshot and I use a router of my own (Asus RT-N56U) which has a DNS and the tower has a static IP.

So I'm not sure if domain name is the issue, but if you still think it is then please do let me know what I should do with my DNS for it to be resolved.

Thanks is advance!

• 1 month later...

hi guys -

got some small issue with Guacamole sure you can help.

the keyboard mole uses is neither EN nur DE I tried to set as described in guacamole config to set server-layout to de-de-qwertz or en but still the result is the same.

and the on-screen-keyboard doesn't work.

I get instead of "_" a "?" instead of "Ä" nothing but for "#" an "Ä". -  I tried both EN / DE settings in Windows 10 and CentOS-VMs.

Edit: Note those issues only exist with VMs - I tried it in a Ubuntu-Docker and no issues at all. :/

Please guide me to the light.

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for responding.

I tried with the IP of the tower itself instead of 'tower' or 'Tower' all of those trials failed and returned the same error as in the screenshot and I use a router of my own (Asus RT-N56U) which has a DNS and the tower has a static IP.

So I'm not sure if domain name is the issue, but if you still think it is then please do let me know what I should do with my DNS for it to be resolved.

Thanks is advance!

My solution:

#docker exec -it Observium /bin/bash

#vi /etc/hosts

add following to hosts file:

IPADDRESS tower

(in mycase: 192.168.1.2 tower)

save file, now observium will resolve tower.

***Problem: changes are not persistent (restart docker and hosts file reverts to default***

@zuhkov:

Feature Request: Could you make the hosts file exist in the Observium /config folder so changes are easy to make and persistent across reboots.

Thank you for great Docker Container.

Hi Everyone,

Having trouble with the Observium docker showing the correct time on the graphs.

The unraid box as the correct time if i run "Clock" in SSH.

Searched everywhere but cannot find a solution for this.

How does Observium get it's time/timezone?

Kris

Did you see my reply on #unraid on IRC?

Hi Everyone,

Having trouble with the Observium docker showing the correct time on the graphs.

The unraid box as the correct time if i run "Clock" in SSH.

Searched everywhere but cannot find a solution for this.

How does Observium get it's time/timezone?

Kris

Did you see my reply on #unraid on IRC?

Sure did.

07:41 <morgish> hrmm

07:41 <morgish> i don't have /etc/timezone to begin with

07:58 <morgish> because of that, i get:

07:58 <morgish> "/etc/timezone":"/etc/timezone":rw zuhkov/observium

07:58 <morgish> a36a30b10d199656a503ab08c27e9e05e87fb694993705a8acd2cedbdde96375

07:58 <morgish> Error response from daemon: Cannot start container a36a30b10d199656a503ab08c27e9e05e87fb694993705a8acd2cedbdde96375: [8] System error: not a directory

So I ran -  echo "Australia/Brisbane" > /etc/timezone

and added the mapping for /etc/timezone to /etc/timezone but no change :(

No go.

My /dev/rtc file is empty though?

OK....

Did you read the documentation?

In the dockerhub page linked to from the container setup...

To set the timezone for Observium, pass in a valid value as an environment variable:

-e TZ="America/Chicago"

Click advanced and add TZ = WHEREVER_YOU_ARE to the Environment variables...

Hasn't resolved it. Even deleted a device and readded it to see.

I've noticed when I apply this change, the Command result shows the following.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Observium" --net="host" -e TZ="Australia/Brisbane" -e TZ="Australia/Brisbane" -p 8668:8668/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/observium/config":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/observium/logs":"/opt/observium/logs":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/observium/rrd":"/opt/observium/rrd":rw zuhkov/observium

1f3dd629bd7732fb7c7dcf5d647abe3ed30bc207f1eb88ff8590987dedfeb96e

The command finished successfully!

It shows -E TZ="Australia/Brisbane" correctly, but twice? I've cocked something up there. Would this stop it from working?

Hasn't resolved it. Even deleted a device and readded it to see.

I've noticed when I apply this change, the Command result shows the following.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Observium" --net="host" -e TZ="Australia/Brisbane" -e TZ="Australia/Brisbane" -p 8668:8668/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/observium/config":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/observium/logs":"/opt/observium/logs":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/observium/rrd":"/opt/observium/rrd":rw zuhkov/observium

1f3dd629bd7732fb7c7dcf5d647abe3ed30bc207f1eb88ff8590987dedfeb96e

The command finished successfully!

It shows -E TZ="Australia/Brisbane" correctly, but twice? I've cocked something up there. Would this stop it from working?

That suggests to me it was already being passed through