[support] hurricane's Docker Repository

Regarding TMM:

I thought it might be a Java version issue, since the TMM home page says that it requires "at least 1.7."  TMM won't run on my Mac (10.10) since that is 1.61 (IIRC).  I looked into the TMM volume, though, and the Java version is 1.8, I think it's a subversion 121.  I also tried deleting my TMM config directory, and it just made a new one and still didn't work.  I can't parse the error that 'TMM has tried 5 times to download...' with a brand new config directory.  Maybe it's just hyperbole, like when I tell my kids "I've told you a million times..."

I know Kodi and Plex will scrape (actually for TV I just let Sick Beard do its thing), but for movies the matching algorithm and  metadata that comes from TMM is the best for me, and the setup is pretty simple;  I do it about fortnightly and it's a time to make sure all the files are clean and usable. 

Dennis

I use Libresonic mostly so my kids can access content from where they are scattered around the world, so I'm not sure of the exact start date for this issue, but I'd imagine it was the release that auto-installed on/about 9 April.

One of the sprogs notified me this afternoon that she was unable to access the server & I discovered I wasn't either from within my home network. I just checked the log and it's full of this:

Starting Libresonic..
Error: Unable to access jarfile libresonic.war
Starting Libresonic..
Starting Libresonic..
Starting Libresonic..
Starting Libresonic..
Starting Libresonic..
Starting Libresonic..
Starting Libresonic..
Starting Libresonic..

That's the only thing that's in the log. I'd imagine that it goes back to the container restart that I did about 4 hours ago.

Any suggestions?

On 4/13/2017 at 6:59 PM, hurricanehrndz said:

I will test the container some time this weekend

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I know it was Easter weekend, but did you get a chance to take a look at this yet?

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling, just in case, but I'm getting the same result. :(

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello hurricanehrndz,

I think there is something amiss with the Sonos portion of the Subsonic docker. When I go to setup Sonos using HOST network it finds my Sonos controllers but tries to enable it for Subsonic URL http://172.17.0.1:4040/ws/Sonos, which I believe is the internal docker image IP address. If I use BRIDGE network, then it cannot find the Sonos controllers and nothing works.

Is there a config file that can be manually edited to change this?

I would like to use this docker, but if a change cannot be made I will have to use Subsonic on a different machine.

Update 10/17/2017: Hooray! I got Subsonic working on Sonos even after reading on other forums that it was broken after Sonos updated the firmware to version 8. Anyway here are the steps that I did to get this working.

1. I installed the Subsonic docker with Network Type set to Host.
  2. Following the section "Using a remote Subsonic server" at http://www.subsonic.org/pages/sonos.jsp, I clear all entries for the previous Subsonic installation by enter 242 into the SID field and leaving Service Name blank then click Submit. This will clear out the previous entry.
  3. Do not know if this was needed but I did it anyway just to be sure. I rebooted all of my Sonos devices by unplugging the power cords waited a minute and then plugged the power cords back in. Then waited until they were online - checked with pinging them.
  4. I then enabled Sonos service in Subsonic, do not worry that the logs show that it failed to enable the service. I believe this is because of the firmware 8 update.
  5. Next I went back to the section "Using a remote Subsonic server"  at http://www.subsonic.org/pages/sonos.jsp setting the SID to 242 and Service Name to Subsonic and the rest as stated in the steps.
  6. Logged into the Sono Controller app on my PC, from the Manage menu I click Service Settings. Here I clicked the Add button and scrolled down the list and saw that Subsonic was listed and selected it. I selected it and then clicked "I already have an account" and then enter the Login and Password that I created in Subsonic for the Sonos service then clicked Next. The service was enabled and now Subsonic was listed as a Music Source on the home screen of the Sonos Controller app.
  7. I then tested the service by select Subsonic from the home screen and clicked on one of my albums and it started playing.

:):):):):) - I am very pleased that I go this working and hope that the steps I outlined here will help others.

Edited by StanC
Worked out the steps to make the Subsonic docker to work with Sonos
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to request a small re-write for the subsonic setup page.

In the directions, you refer to both HTTPS_PORT and SSL_PORT. I believe these are equivalent - so when talking about each of them, you should stick with the same words. This leads people to create a new VAR called SSL_PORT, which I don't think is what you intend.

I wrote an additional post that has this info, and some other custom domain setup stuff here

Some of the defaults in the Setup page won't work, like the /subsonic is mapped to a cache drive, but not everyone has a cache drive. It's part of the required setup. I would add all four of these entries in the default setup, leaving the values blank: /subsonic, /music, /podcasts, and /playlists

I'm not sure if this is possible, but on the setup page, I'd really put some sort of horizontal line across from Title and the Value. For instance, "Host Port 1:" is set to 4040, with a subtext of "n/a." It's almost a little tough to tell where the value goes for Host Port 1, as there's a bunch of white-space, and even a little offset between the left and right side of the page.

Here is what I'd put in that Setup page:

Required setup:
/subsonic : set this path to where you wish Subsonic to store it's configuration.
/music : set this path to where you wish Subsonic to search for music.
/podcasts : set this path to where you wish Subsonic to store and share podcasts from.
/playlists : set this path to where you wish Subsonic to store and share playlists from.

Optional setup - Enable HTTPS:
Enabling HTTPS will disable HTTP access including any ports you had assigned over there. You must open new ports for this service.

1. Set Key 2 - HTTPS_PORT to desired port
2. Set Host Port 2: to the same port as HTTPS_PORT

Other environmental variable

MAX_MEM : this is the numeric value for the maximum Java heap size.

Thank you very much @hurricanehrndz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know how to clear the logs for Subsonic? My log is 422MB. Seems unnecessarily verbose (lots of "chown: changing ownership of '/music/[FILENAME]': Read-only file system" entries).

I know it's now recommended to switch over to libresonic or madsonic, but Subsonic is still working nicely for me, so I just thought I'd ask if anyone knows how (I can't find anywhere in the Subsonic UI, nor Unraid's).

Many thanks.

EDIT: I should note that I mean the Docker log for Subsonic is 422MB as shown in the 'Container Size' Docker page in Unraid. 

The log referenced in Subsonic (/subsonic/subsonic.log) is only 83KB.

Edited by jademonkee
Extra info and clarification
1 hour ago, jademonkee said:

Does anyone know how to clear the logs for Subsonic? My log is 422MB. Seems unnecessarily verbose (lots of "chown: changing ownership of '/music/[FILENAME]': Read-only file system" entries).

I know it's now recommended to switch over to libresonic or madsonic, but Subsonic is still working nicely for me, so I just thought I'd ask if anyone knows how (I can't find anywhere in the Subsonic UI, nor Unraid's).

Many thanks.

EDIT: I should note that I mean the Docker log for Subsonic is 422MB as shown in the 'Container Size' Docker page in Unraid. 

The log referenced in Subsonic (/subsonic/subsonic.log) is only 83KB.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564326

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

My SabNZDB install stopped working this week.  I see this is no longer updated.  Does anyone know how to update the python version in this container or make a backup of all my settings so i can import it into another version of sabnzdb .  I can do the docker settings easily enough but i buld alot of integration into this and would like to copy it.  I will take me weeks to remember and get all the little things working agian.