(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

In using Nginx-letsencrypt

I'm kind of new yo create domains, i do have a ddns name for my home router at http://www.dnsexit.com/, this one I have xxxxx.publicvm.com

How shall I put in this to the docker config to use with letsencrypt?

see image attached

log from the docker

Requesting root privileges to run letsencrypt...
~/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt --no-self-upgrade certonly --standalone --standalone-supported-challenges tls-sni-01 --email [email protected] --agree-tos -d publicvm.com -d xxxxxxx.publicvm.com -d xxxxxxx.publicvm.com
IMPORTANT NOTES:
- If you lose your account credentials, you can recover through
e-mails sent to [email protected].
- The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: publicvm.com
Type: unauthorized
Detail: Correct zName not found for TLS SNI challenge. Found
'www.dnsexit.com, dnsexit.com'

To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
entered correctly and the DNS A record(s) for that domain
contain(s) the right IP address.
- Your account credentials have been saved in your Let's Encrypt
configuration directory at /etc/letsencrypt. You should make a
secure backup of this folder now. This configuration directory will
also contain certificates and private keys obtained by Let's
Encrypt so making regular backups of this folder is ideal.
* Restarting authentication failure monitor fail2ban
...fail!
Mar 1 17:14:47 32949e45f63a syslog-ng[6271]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Mar 1 17:17:01 32949e45f63a /USR/SBIN/CRON[6287]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

//Peter

domains.PNG.b95359d0e0d40e6b03953d936337a9d6.PNG

Hi, I was unsure whether you prefered issues being posted here or directly on github:

As noted in https://github.com/aptalca/docker-webserver/issues/4

I fail to enable PHP on the nginx-letsencrypt Docker. Everything else (nginx, letsencrypt and fail2ban) works fine  ???

Thanks for any advice how to enable this feature...

Looking into it. I thought I had tested php before, but when I just tested now, it didn't work for me either. I'll fix it in the next few days.

In using Nginx-letsencrypt

I'm kind of new yo create domains, i do have a ddns name for my home router at http://www.dnsexit.com/, this one I have xxxxx.publicvm.com

How shall I put in this to the docker config to use with letsencrypt?

see image attached

log from the docker

Requesting root privileges to run letsencrypt...
~/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt --no-self-upgrade certonly --standalone --standalone-supported-challenges tls-sni-01 --email [email protected] --agree-tos -d publicvm.com -d xxxxxxx.publicvm.com -d xxxxxxx.publicvm.com
IMPORTANT NOTES:
- If you lose your account credentials, you can recover through
e-mails sent to [email protected].
- The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: publicvm.com
Type: unauthorized
Detail: Correct zName not found for TLS SNI challenge. Found
'www.dnsexit.com, dnsexit.com'

To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
entered correctly and the DNS A record(s) for that domain
contain(s) the right IP address.
- Your account credentials have been saved in your Let's Encrypt
configuration directory at /etc/letsencrypt. You should make a
secure backup of this folder now. This configuration directory will
also contain certificates and private keys obtained by Let's
Encrypt so making regular backups of this folder is ideal.
* Restarting authentication failure monitor fail2ban
...fail!
Mar 1 17:14:47 32949e45f63a syslog-ng[6271]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Mar 1 17:17:01 32949e45f63a /USR/SBIN/CRON[6287]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

//Peter

letsencrypt expects you to have full control over whatever url you put in. In the case of dynamic dns, you do not have control over the actual domain: publicvm.com

In that case put in xxxxxx.publicvm.com as the URL and leave the subdomains as is (default is www). With that, letsencrypt will create a certificate that covers xxxxxx.publicvm.com and www.xxxxxx.publicvm.com, both of which you have control over.

Hi are there other there have problem with Jdownloader  it just crash my.jdownloader.org dont work when I restart it it show grean ball but it dont get to login just white website

If I  move the jdownloader to run on my VM where are my link in the docker ?

now it work  :o can it be  network load ?

Hi, I was unsure whether you prefered issues being posted here or directly on github:

As noted in https://github.com/aptalca/docker-webserver/issues/4

I fail to enable PHP on the nginx-letsencrypt Docker. Everything else (nginx, letsencrypt and fail2ban) works fine  ???

Thanks for any advice how to enable this feature...

Looking into it. I thought I had tested php before, but when I just tested now, it didn't work for me either. I'll fix it in the next few days.

thank you  :)

really looking forward to use muximux behind a secure (=fail2ban enabled) proxy

Looking for dolphin support, it will let me copy but not move files

I just tested it again and it lets me cut and paste as well as move by dragging in split screen.

Are you getting an error? Do you have write permission in the folders or on the file? Are you running it as nobody or root?

Running it as it set up in unraid, i am assuming since I didn't have a place to put in a login or Pass during install probably just as a nobody. I am attempting to move multiple folders via the smb shares, there is an error it states 'could not rename file smb://server_a/movies/.....'

assuming this is a permissions thing. I have all permissions through windows smb and I know that is different but how do I assign permissions for dolphin?

I can copy and paste but then I have to remember what to delete.

I also cannot find how to change the res on it to 1920x1080 vs 1280x720?

Running it as it set up in unraid, i am assuming since I didn't have a place to put in a login or Pass during install probably just as a nobody. I am attempting to move multiple folders via the smb shares, there is an error it states 'could not rename file smb://server_a/movies/.....'

assuming this is a permissions thing. I have all permissions through windows smb and I know that is different but how do I assign permissions for dolphin?

I can copy and paste but then I have to remember what to delete.

I also cannot find how to change the res on it to 1920x1080 vs 1280x720?

Probably a permissions issue with smb

I actually mount the whole unraid drive in dolphin as /mnt:/mnt so I can move things natively and not through smb

open the advanced view in container settings and you'll see the resolution variables as well as the uid and guid if you want to run it with root permissions

For all zoneminder fans, version 1.29 is out. But it's a separate container. Due to the extensive changes in the new version, it was near impossible to update a 1.28 version in place. So you'll have to install this separate container and set it up from scratch. Don't try to install it using the same config folder with existing data, it won't work.

To be honest, I wasn't even able to update my existing install to 1.29 no matter how hard I tried (without deleting the existing data), so there was no way I could do it for all the existing users with different configs.

Let me know if the new one has any issues

Could you elaborate on this? What's the current behavior and what is the desired?

The script is used to externally trigger an event on zoneminder (e.g. security alarm going off). The script needs to be always running for this to occur. The default behaviour is that it's not running. As a temporary fix I've just added it to the zoneminder init.d script which seems to do the job.

Cheers.

Could you elaborate on this? What's the current behavior and what is the desired?

The script is used to externally trigger an event on zoneminder (e.g. security alarm going off). The script needs to be always running for this to occur. The default behaviour is that it's not running. As a temporary fix I've just added it to the zoneminder init.d script which seems to do the job.

Cheers.

Zoneminder wiki says that the script is called when you turn on opt_triggers in the settings. Does that not work for you?

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/How_to_use_your_external_camera's_motion_detection_with_ZM

Thanks

I'm having an issue setting up Zoneminder, Seems to fail everytime it starts & I end up with a partial Child container on my docker page

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Zoneminder" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/Denver" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -p 8181:80/ -v "/mnt/cache/Apps/zoneminder/":"/config":rw aptalca/docker-zoneminder
docker: Invalid proto: .
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

I'm having an issue setting up Zoneminder, Seems to fail everytime it starts & I end up with a partial Child container on my docker page

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Zoneminder" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/Denver" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -p 8181:80/ -v "/mnt/cache/Apps/zoneminder/":"/config":rw aptalca/docker-zoneminder
docker: Invalid proto: .
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Hmm. That's strange because someone else is having the same exact issue with the letsencrypt container. It seems like an unraid issue. Which unraid version are you on?