(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Thank you so much for the Home-Automation-Bridge. I didn't know about it until 2 days ago. I can now have Alexa turn on my media center!!

Yeah the echo ended up becoming one of my best purchases. I integrated that thing with my lights, media center and everything. My friend's kids especially love chatting with Alexa lol

Yea. I waited and waited. At first I thought it was pointless but then Apple home kit hasn't gone anywhere and I got real experience with one. Before I bought it my wife was like what's the point. But it took maybe 30 mins before we both loved it. My Insteon worked out of the box and now my Harmony setup works. It has its quirks but what doesn't. I like Siris personality better then Alexa but Alexa does more and I don't need my phone. I've had to change some names around for my activities. 3 words in a name can confuse her. If I am playing music and have a timer, i ask her to stop the timer and sometimes she will stop everything. But she's a baby and still learning so.

Hi aptalca,

Thanks for your help. I noticed the bit about setting user id and group id to 0 but couldn't find out how to do this. I've just realized however, that there is an advanced switch in the edit container page section doh!

I knew it was something really obvious that I was missing.

Thanks for helping me see this. At least I'll know for other dockers now too.

Graham

I got Zoneminder up and running with one monitor. I would like to get push notifications to our phones for certain alarms.

I found this add-on https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmeventserver but I'm not sure how to add it to zoneminder the way it runs in docker and all...

Can you help or suggest a better way to get push notifications?

Thanks!

github page says to put the script in /usr/bin and modify a couple of scripts in there. That location is within the container.

You can get into the container by typing the following in unraid terminal:

docker exec -it Zoneminder-1_29 bash

(I'm assuming you are using the 1.29 version)

You can retrieve the script from github using wget and copy into /usr/bin

You can edit the other scripts with nano (just install nano with apt-get install and then do "export TERM=xterm")

Keep in mind thatif you edit or reinstall the container, those changes you made will be lost

Good luck

I got Zoneminder up and running with one monitor. I would like to get push notifications to our phones for certain alarms.

I found this add-on https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmeventserver but I'm not sure how to add it to zoneminder the way it runs in docker and all...

Thanks!

github page says to put the script in /usr/bin and modify a couple of scripts in there. That location is within the container.

You can edit the other scripts with nano (just install nano with apt-get install and then do "export TERM=xterm")

Keep in mind thatif you edit or reinstall the container, those changes you made will be lost

Good luck

Thanks for this.

Thanks!

Good luck

Do you think it would be wiser to run zoneminder in a VM since I want to mess around with it so much?

I just got my VT-x working on my p8z77-v LK... updating the BIOS fixed the bug where it wasn't working.

Thanks!

Good luck

Do you think it would be wiser to run zoneminder in a VM since I want to mess around with it so much?

I just got my VT-x working on my p8z77-v LK... updating the BIOS fixed the bug where it wasn't working.

If you're gonna mess with something too much, it's always better to custom install yourself from scratch.

If you just want a working version of zoneminder that is super easy to install, then this is the container for you

Hi I am trying to install zoneminder on a new install of unraid 6, I just upgraded from 4.7

The problem is I am a complete Linux idiot and I think I did it wrong. In path to install and config I put a path to a share on the server and of course I cannot find it now with http://serverip:port

Can someone please give me a step by step of what I am supposed to do to install this? it is my first unraid docker/app attempt.

Ok so I finally found out that it has to go in users/appdata

For the container port is that supposed to stay on port 80? I am using another unused port # for the webgui but I am unsure if 80 will cause a conflict on unraid.

Not really following your issue in this thread, but just wanted to make sure you don't put the typo you made in this post into your configuration. It shoud be user, not users.

Ok so I finally found out that it has to go in users/appdata

For the container port is that supposed to stay on port 80? I am using another unused port # for the webgui but I am unsure if 80 will cause a conflict on unraid.

General rule is to never change the container port and only change the host port.

Hi I am trying to install zoneminder on a new install of unraid 6, I just upgraded from 4.7

The problem is I am a complete Linux idiot and I think I did it wrong. In path to install and config I put a path to a share on the server and of course I cannot find it now with http://serverip:port

Can someone please give me a step by step of what I am supposed to do to install this? it is my first unraid docker/app attempt.

Make sure you read the instructions listed here: https://hub.docker.com/r/aptalca/zoneminder-1.29/

The webgui address is http://serverip:port/zm

Just wondering if it's possible to change the theme for Dolphin.

Dolphin.png

If you mean kde themes, it *may* be possible but mostly very complicated and not worth it.

If you try to emulate this guide: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/02/ubuntu-ambiance-plasma-theme-kde you would need to exec in and either try and do everything from command line or modify the /startapp.sh to start other gui elements (like the settings window) on container start so you can change them

My server got hung up when trying to use dolphin to push 2TB (basically I did not have enough free on the drive I was moving it too). I had to reboot the server. Dolphin wont connect now and I get this error:

Fatal server error:

Server is already active for display 1
If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X1-lock
and start again.

Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

My server got hung up when trying to use dolphin to push 2TB (basically I did not have enough free on the drive I was moving it too). I had to reboot the server. Dolphin wont connect now and I get this error:

Fatal server error:

Server is already active for display 1
If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X1-lock
and start again.

Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

If you reinstall the container it should be fine

Easiest way is to click edit, don't make any changes and hit save

Fresh docker pull, fresh install, I'm getting this error:

* /etc/init.d/mysql: ERROR: The partition with /var/lib/mysql is too full!

Any suggestions? ZM v1.28 worked fine. I've tried this both upgrading the existing files (fails) and fresh (the error above.)

Thanks.