[Plug-In] Community Applications

I installed the new version and tried it out.  Works fine with not creating a new web page.

You obviously have too much time on your hands.

I just hate cleaning  8)  Took 2 minutes

I understand.  The work I do on the computer is my escape from the everyday stuff and keeps my mind sharp as I get older.

I'm having a problem with the Appstore returning:

"Download of appfeed failed. Reverting to legacy mode"

I have recently setup a VPN using the OpenVPN client plugin that is working with good speeds.

I can connect to the Appstore when the system switches to legacy mode.

I have done a full system restart and also reinstalled the application.

Any idea what I may be missing from the setup?

I'm having a problem with the Appstore returning:

"Download of appfeed failed. Reverting to legacy mode"

I have recently setup a VPN using the OpenVPN client plugin that is working with good speeds.

I can connect to the Appstore when the system switches to legacy mode.

I have done a full system restart and also reinstalled the application.

Any idea what I may be missing from the setup?

Sorry, I have no idea.

My VPN is is set up through my router, and I can connect no problems to the AppFeed.

Ok, thanks anyway. I'll just live with the legacy mode.

I found that the with the VPN on my Asus router the speeds were punished and massively reduced.  Using the OpenVPN client my speeds only take a small hit.

If disabling the vpn fixes it I would post in either the plugin or docket thread and ask what's wrong

Its working.  What happens if you hit Update Applications?

It searches and returns same "Download of source file has failed".

Also should note that I am experiencing severe slowdown of any Internet traffic from the box (i.e. Sabnzbd is crawling at 0Kbps). I will reset the box in a couple of hours (have some files from my existing library that are transferring from my Mac Mini (DAS storage) and test again).

Thanks Squid. Sure hope it isn't my professor as I just got this dell T20 with a quad core Xeon E3-1225 v3 3.2GHz professor. Is there a command I could enter to find out the make of my NIC?

lspci

Basically, anything other than an Intel would mean that the CPU is actually handling all of the ethernet traffic (Intel chips are hardware instead of software based)

But, with that CPU it still should be fine.

Thanks Squid, I think I got to the bottom of it. Searching through other threads, members had emphasized to check the quality of the Ethernet cables used.. Lo and behold, the cable connecting my unRAID box to the router directly was only connected at 100Mbps (while the source Mac Mini doing the transfers was at 1Gbps). Swapped cables to a brand new cat5e and now I finally see the Gb connection. The ETA went from 1 day to 6 hours for my pending transfer!

Would it be advantageous at all to take my unRAID box and other directly connected machines such as my Mac Mini and put it on a D-Link 8 port switch (the one mentioned in other threads?), which would of course then connect to the router? My Asus N66-R seems to do alright with gigibit, but I guess introducing a switch would take a lot of load away from it?

Won't really matter if everything's connected to a switch or directly to the router.  IMHO I'd rather save that watt or so that the extra switch uses until you really need it and then move everything over to it

Thanks again, Squid. Will leave configuration as is and monitor for any more anomalies with network traffic. Really appreciate your quick responses!

Won't really matter if everything's connected to a switch or directly to the router.  IMHO I'd rather save that watt or so that the extra switch uses until you really need it and then move everything over to it

Thanks again, Squid. Will leave configuration as is and monitor for any more anomalies with network traffic. Really appreciate your quick responses!

My boss is on vacation so it's one of my more productive days at work.

Updated to 2015.12.18

One of the problems with CA handling plugins (BTW, all 6.1 compatible plugins are now listed within CA), is the fact that certain plugins (and TBH certain docker applications) may not be compatible with your current version of unRaid.

For example, CA is only displaying plugins that are compatible with 6.1+, and yet CA itself is compatible with 6.0 (and there are still users operating 6.0)  Those plugins, I have no idea if they actually work or not on 6.0  (I know that bonienl has recently stopped supporting 6.0)

So, now CA will by default NOT display any application (plugin or docker) that is not compatible with whatever version of unRaid you might be using.  (You are able to override this behavior within CA's settings however)

Docker and Plugin Authors (and CA's own Moderators) can implement this via the <MinVer> and <MaxVer> tags within the application's templates.  (See https://github.com/Squidly271/plugin-repository/blob/master/usefullinks.xml) for an example.  Note that until a version of unRaid comes out that you are not going to be supporting, and the docker app / plugin will not correctly operate on (eg: the 6.2b series), there is no reason to add the <MaxVer> tag.

<MinVer>  For Docker Applications, this tag will default to 6.0 (ie: docker applications will run on the 6.0 and later, but will not run on any of the 6.0 betas or release candidates)

For Plugins, this tag defaults to 6.1.  (for further reading, see here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40299.msg427252#msg427252)

Net result is that if you're currently using 6.1.6 you won't see any differences until possibly 6.2 is released.  If you're on 6.0, just about every plugin will no longer be displayed (a couple still display that are known by me to be compatible will still display)

TLDR:  In theory, every thing that you install with CA should always work and not cause any problems.

Next up will be some sort of "sanity check" package with CA that will check what's currently installed against what's known incompatible and gently spank you if need be.

Techie Note:  I'm using version_compare() to check everything, so the system will correctly handle Betas, Release Candidates, Final Versions, suffixed versions, etc.

The top row has limited space, which is also dependent on the screen resolution, and putting too much information there will cause the righter items to move to the next line.

A long term goal can be to do full integration of CA in the webGUI, which allows for example to combine plugins and applications under the same heading.

In that case we should be looking at pushing development to Limetech's github, of course also need approval from LT to go this direction, but in my view it does make sense to simplify the current approach and look for a single consolidated approach to install/remove applications (be it plugins or dockers).

I did a quick & dirty change to show the kind of view I am looking for, see attachment.

Since you did a mock-up, I figured that I would do the same for how I would envision CA being integrated.

No more plugins / Docker tabs at all.  A single tab called Apps.  Within that only CA, Docker Containers and Installed Plugins.  No need to have Docker Repositories anymore at all, and the Install Plugin section is now also redundant (although cmd-line would still be available)

I think its a cleaner display, and since CA is working towards a more unified UI between the two delivery methods, it only makes sense.

Untitled_zpsc7dgaci0.png