[Plug-In] Community Applications

System buttons, stats.  I'm not the only one guilty of the same sin.  But since i was last to the party I got holding the bag.

I am using System Stats. It would probably make sense to move it to Tools though.

Of course I am heavily biased, using Stats frequently and finding its current spot the best :D

System buttons, stats.  I'm not the only one guilty of the same sin.  But since i was last to the party I got holding the bag.

I am using System Stats. It would probably make sense to move it to Tools though.

Of course I am heavily biased, using Stats frequently and finding its current spot the best :D

I assume that you're going to check out my routine to move the Users tab and confirm that there is no ill effects.  /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/scripts/moveUsers.php  I tested and can add / modify / delete users no problems, but I'm not a big fan of modifying system files.

And, even though I don't often use stats (and don't even have the power buttons installed), I think that they are suited to the main tabs.

I am not in favor of modifying system files, perhaps a 'standard' mechanism needs to be introduced to allow moving pages around, but that requires some thoughts.

Rather than allowing users to move pages around, I think it would be a good idea to just put Users under Settings and leave it there since it is seldom used.

I am not in favor of modifying system files, perhaps a 'standard' mechanism needs to be introduced to allow moving pages around, but that requires some thoughts.

At the time my options were limited (but its also why I gave users the option to either move CA or move Users), and I really didn't want to have CA sitting in Settings.  Maybe I'm heavily biased there too  ;D

Rather than allowing users to move pages around, I think it would be a good idea to just put Users under Settings and leave it there since it is seldom used.

It's true that Users is initially used to create users, but afterwards doesn't require often visits.

The mechanism I was thinking about is something for developers, they can create a list of 'places' where their page can be placed, not a random place chosen by the user. Again it's only thoughts at this moment...

It's true that Users is initially used to create users, but afterwards doesn't require often visits.

The mechanism I was thinking about is something for developers, they can create a list of 'places' where their page can be placed, not a random place chosen by the user. Again it's only thoughts at this moment...

Random thought:  Move users to settings, but on initial boot (virgin install), have a wizard to walk people through user setup, share setup, etc

Right now, I am the only one offering the option to move a tab to a different place to solve a problem.  But, in the future a possibilty exists if two different plugins do it, what is the result going to be.

If nothing else, at least dynamix buttons, stats, and now CA all have squatters rights on the main tabs    ;)

Random thought:  Move users to settings, but on initial boot (virgin install), have a wizard to walk people through user setup, share setup, etc

Yep.

Not to rock the boat too much, but I'd personally like Plugins and Dockers to be merged into "Apps" on the header.  Not necessarily pile them altogether on the page - maybe have two tabs with CA underneath.  While we're there, Settings and Tools *could* be merged, since a lot of plugin tools end up being accessed from the Settings page.

Definitely not a fan of opening up the main tabs to third party developers, but also the overall structure does seem to require revision now that unRAID can do so much more.

I'm not one for wide browsers, since I've normally got windows to the left of them.  Frequently wondering why the unRAID screen looks borked.  Of course, it would be handy if it degraded a bit more gracefully.  Like flow the "free space, Feedback, Help, Info & Log" better.  Or put it in a smaller bar above the Limetech logo.

Obviously I'm straying way away from Community Applications now, so I'll finish on topic: I was having trouble updating - it's gone through fine now.

... But, in the future a possibilty exists if two different plugins do it, what is the result going to be.

Right, also think about future updates to the system files, e.g. UserList.page, it may go out of sync with your backup version!

If nothing else, at least dynamix buttons, stats, and now CA all have squatters rights on the main tabs    ;)

But I was first  ;)

... But, in the future a possibilty exists if two different plugins do it, what is the result going to be.

Right, also think about future updates to the system files, e.g. UserList.page, it may go out of sync with your backup version!

But I was first  ;)

The backup versions of users.page and userlist.page isn't part of the plugin, but rather created at time of plugin install (if they don't already exist).  That way if they change due to a future update to unraid they get recreated with the updated version when the plugin reinstall during boot.  I thought ahead...

Yep.

Not to rock the boat too much, but I'd personally like Plugins and Dockers to be merged into "Apps" on the header.  Not necessarily pile them altogether on the page - maybe have two tabs with CA underneath.  While we're there, Settings and Tools *could* be merged, since a lot of plugin tools end up being accessed from the Settings page.

If / when CA gets integrated I'm sure something like that would happen (but not until 6.3 or 6.4 at the earliest)

CA used to be happy within the docker tab but now it's combining a plugins and Dockers and isn't happy in either place.

It's relatatively easy right now for ca to completely handle everything that the plugins tab can do but didn't want to replace any existing functionality - merely add some.

But I was first  ;)

The backup versions of users.page and userlist.page isn't part of the plugin, but rather created at time of plugin install (if they don't already exist).  That way if they change due to a future update to unraid they get recreated with the updated version when the plugin reinstall during boot.  I thought ahead...

If that comes to pass, then if something breaks, I'll just blame you and LT. 

I thought ahead...

Very good thinking  :) ... but in future it becomes possible again to do webGUI updates separately and without reboot!

if it hasn't already been mentioned, could the plugin part of your plugin read what's already installed on the host and reflect that in the list of plugins.

It already does.  Unfortunately only a few authors have submitted repositories so the list is incomplete (but I'm sure will grow daily)  if a plugin is already installed is not part of a repo, it is considered an alien app and not managed.

No different than Google play not allowing you to manage your pirated copy of plex

Side note: briefly thought of calling the tab "SquidPlay" instead of AppStore

if it hasn't already been mentioned, could the plugin part of your plugin read what's already installed on the host and reflect that in the list of plugins.

It already does.  Unfortunately only a few authors have submitted repositories so the list is incomplete (but I'm sure will grow daily)  if a plugin is already installed is not part of a repo, it is considered an alien app and not managed.

No different than Google play not allowing you to manage your pirated copy of plex

well there may be an intermittent issue then, because the first time i looked the plugins i have installed already weren't showing anything different to the ones i don't have installed. now they're showing as being installed and the install button is no longer there.