[Plug-In] Community Applications

Docker has to be enabled.

But I am a little confused as to where you are seeing community applications.  Is it in the settings tab?  And also what version of unraid are you running?

Aha!  That was it!  I enabled Docker and now the Community Applications works.  To be clear, I was going to the Plugins tab on the top of the unraid page.  I would then select/click on "Community Applications", which would then take me to another page, which was blank.  After enabling Docker, when I click on "Community Applications", I get a filled in page.  Sorry -- I did not realize I had to enable Docker.  Thank you for the help.

I am using version 6.1.4 of unraid. 

Updated to 2015.12.05

Fixed: If private.repositories.json file existed, the system wouldn't properly add ANY application that wasn't within the private repository.  I'm actually rather surprised that none of the "power docker users" (they know who they are)ever found this issue, as its been in there for ~6 months

Updated to 2015.12.06 - This is a required update

Change: The plugin has been removed from the docker tab, and now has its home in its own separate tab ("AppStore")

Change: Docker no longer is required to be enabled to browse the available applications.  (A warning will be popped up about enabling docker, and you obviously won't be allowed to install any docker app if docker is not enabled)

Added: Plugin support

Since docker containers are basically a delivery system for an application (along with plugins, and VM appliances), I decided to allow the system to display and let you install plugins using the same UI as docker apps.  There is a wealth of plugins available for unRaid, that sometimes can be a bit of a pain for the casual forum user to even know they exist.  Things like unassigned devices, all of the dynamix plugins, powerdown, PhAzE's media plugins, etc)

Two new categories will display:  A subcategory from Tools / Utilities called System Utilities, which is where I would expect most of the plugins to be categorized, and a separate category called Plugins which will list all the currently available plugins.

Plugins have the capability to show the same features as every other app listed: Direct links to support pages and project pages, Change Logs, being flagged as new, categories, etc

Currently, dlandon and macester have submitted template repositories for plugins to me, and they should be available on the appfeed within 2 hours.  I expect that the other plugin authors will follow suit shortly as time permits.

Very nice!  Unfortunately adding the AppStore tab has crowded the webgui on my iPad and it is pretty much non-functional because the Log, Help, etc does a funny shift and the buttons overlap the AppStore fields.  unRAID has always been a problem in Safari on an iPad, but now it's worse.  Guess I'll have to give that up or maybe try Chrome and see if that is any different.

Very nice!  Unfortunately adding the AppStore tab has crowded the webgui on my iPad and it is pretty much non-functional because the Log, Help, etc does a funny shift and the buttons overlap the AppStore fields.  unRAID has always been a problem in Safari on an iPad, but now it's worse.  Guess I'll have to give that up or maybe try Chrome and see if that is any different.

Thing is that it doesn't really belong within the docker tab anymore, and the only other place would be within Settings.  I guess that with its new home (and if you also have a VM tab), then it could get quite crowded.

I guess that I can add a setting that'll let you decide where to place it.

And the winner for the first bug found goes to smdion.  Depending upon the circumstances, the plugins can either double up or disappear if you manually force an update.  I'll investigate, but to reiterate, as a general rule there is ZERO reason to ever hit update applications.  Its really only there if the appfeed goes down and you need access to the apps right away.

Thing is that it doesn't really belong within the docker tab anymore, and the only other place would be within Settings.  I guess that with its new home (and if you also have a VM tab), then it could get quite crowded.

I have always had issues on the iPad.  When bonienl was first working on dynamic for v6, I did some testing for him and we had this problem when he had the fan and temps it the main menu bar.  That's why he shifted them to the bottom.

Would it make sense to have the AppStore to settings though?  It really isn't an unRaid operation.  It's more of an app manager.

I have always had issues on the iPad.  When bonienl was first working on dynamic for v6, I did some testing for him and we had this problem when he had the fan and temps it the main menu bar.  That's why he shifted them to the bottom.

Would it make sense to have the AppStore to settings though?  It really isn't an unRaid operation.  It's more of an app manager.

No, in my mind it doesn't particularily make sense to put it there, but I was talking about a user selectable position for situations like yours.

I'm sure it will come up.  I can't be the only one using an iPad.

I'm using chrome on windows 7 and I get similar weird behavior.  The Feedback, help, info and logs buttons overlap the search and update application buttons.

I agree with Squid, his plugin deserves a spot in the top tabs but this behavior is annoying.

I'm sure it will come up.  I can't be the only one using an iPad.

I'm using chrome on windows 7 and I get similar weird behavior.  The Feedback, help, info and logs buttons overlap the search and update application buttons.

I agree with Squid, his plugin deserves a spot in the top tabs but this behavior is annoying.

I'll work on it tomorrow.  But on my system using Chrome (win10), enabling VMs, dynamix Stats, and having the usage bar at the top, I only see weird results if I zoom the display past 150%.  Without the usage bar I can hit 175% before anything overlaps.

Not a real big deal to reconfigure the plugin to put itself where you want it.  (Defaulting however to the menu bar)

The top row has limited space, which is also dependent on the screen resolution, and putting too much information there will cause the righter items to move to the next line.

A long term goal can be to do full integration of CA in the webGUI, which allows for example to combine plugins and applications under the same heading.

In that case we should be looking at pushing development to Limetech's github, of course also need approval from LT to go this direction, but in my view it does make sense to simplify the current approach and look for a single consolidated approach to install/remove applications (be it plugins or dockers).

I did a quick & dirty change to show the kind of view I am looking for, see attachment.

AppStore.png.c048d5d0e6db98034d9d5b75121b9613.png

The top row has limited space, which is also dependent on the screen resolution, and putting too much information there will cause the righter items to move to the next line.

A long term goal can be to do full integration of CA in the webGUI, which allows for example to combine plugins and applications under the same heading.

In that case we should be looking at pushing development to Limetech's github, of course also need approval from LT to go this direction, but in my view it does make sense to simplify the current approach and look for a single consolidated approach to install/remove applications (be it plugins or dockers).

I did a quick & dirty change to show the kind of view I am looking for, see attachment.

That is definitely the way to go.  And have some thoughts on that, but would have to flesh it out.

I also like moving users from the menu bar into settings.  It is far and away the least used tab on the menus (in fact, I can't remember ever going into it beyond the initial setup of the systems)

But in the meantime, my project for the day is to reconfigure CA to allow for user selectable positioning of whether its on the menu bar, or buried within settings.

I'm getting...

plugin: bad file MD5: /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/community.applications-
2015.12.05.txz

...when I try and update.  Any ideas?

Wait a bit and try it again... (or reboot and try it again)  It does work (and another user had the same problem and just waited an hour)

Getting undesired layout results after the update as well. I agree that if we can get LT to move users to settings that would help, it's more of a setup/settings thing.

PvSx43r.png

Update will be released in ~an hour. 

Got it so that you have the option to move Users into Settings or Move CA into Settings or leave it the was it is.

Just starting on having it persist through a reboot.

Updated to 2015.12.06a

Fix: disable Update Applications button while an update is in progress.  I believe that this will fix smdion's issue.  But, again, there is generally zero reason to hit this button, because the plugin automatically downloads the latest list every single time you enter it.

Fix: Allow user selectable positioning of where CA lives.  It will default to the Main Menu Tabs, but if you are one of the users who is experiencing overlapping tabs and buttons, you have two other options:

- Move the Users tab from the main menu and put it within settings **

- Or remove the appstore tab from the main menu and put it within settings.

There is a new icon within Settings (Community Applications Section) called Menu Settings that accomplishes this.  After you hit Apply, you won't see anything different on screen until you then hit Done

** This has only been tested with 6.1.6  I don't believe that the file's I'm changing have been modified at all throughout the 6.x series, but I can't guarantee that it will work on anything but 6.1.6

Updated to 2015.12.06a

Fix: disable Update Applications button while an update is in progress.  I believe that this will fix smdion's issue.  But, again, there is generally zero reason to hit this button, because the plugin automatically downloads the latest list every single time you enter it.

Fix: Allow user selectable positioning of where CA lives.  It will default to the Main Menu Tabs, but if you are one of the users who is experiencing overlapping tabs and buttons, you have two other options:

- Move the Users tab from the main menu and put it within settings **

- Or remove the appstore tab from the main menu and put it within settings.

** This has only been tested with 6.1.6  I don't believe that the file's I'm changing have been modified at all throughout the 6.x series, but I can't guarantee that it will work on anything but 6.1.6

I really like the Community Applications in the Settings grouped together and not on the main menu bar.  Just my personal preference.

Small typo in the .plg file.  Updated to 2015.12.06b.  If you wound up installing 2015.12.06a, then there is a backup file missing that may impact switching the menu's around.  Easiest solution is to uninstall and reinstall (or install 2015.12.06b and reboot)

If you didn't install 2015.12.06a, then none of this matters