[Plug-In] Community Applications

Is there any way to make the names of the dockers and plugins stand out a bit more? For some reason I am having a hard time seeing them. I'm not sure if it's because of location or color or size.

You could try a different view mode. Icon Details vs Icon vs Table

Is there any way to make the names of the dockers and plugins stand out a bit more? For some reason I am having a hard time seeing them. I'm not sure if it's because of location or color or size.

Or switch it in display settings from white to black or vice versa

Or switch it in display settings from white to black or vice versa

or glasses

Already tried those suggestions. lol

Table view is probably easiest to read. I think for Icons or Icon Details if the name was at the top? (So it switches places with the author?)

Design choice made 6 months ago...  If I get alot of suggestions to make that change, then I will incorporate it.

Appfeed definitely up and running.  (however know about 5-6 hours ago, but I doubt it went down).  Its either going to be a internet connectivity issue on your end, or you've been playing around with setting up a VPN and have something misconfigured somewhere along the line.

I'm using chrome on windows 7 and I get similar weird behavior.  The Feedback, help, info and logs buttons overlap the search and update application buttons.

I'm experiencing the same problem, even if I open the browser window full-screen on a Full HD (1920 wide) display, at 30% zoom (which makes the text illegible!).

I'm using Firefox 42.0 on Arch Linux.

Updated to 2015.12.12

Fixed: Minor Icon Issues

Moved and Updated: Help Manual moved from a hidden section within Tools tab to the CA section in Settings

Fixed: Plugins wouldn't sort by Author name

Fixed: Not all plugins would properly go to their Settings page

Changed: Changelogs for plugins are now in an identical format to their .plg equivalent (This allows simple copying and pasting from the .plg file to the .xml file for templates) -> note that this change does NOT affect the Changelogs for docker templates.

Also, a few more thoughts on the process of moving AppStore into the settings menu:  Because of the way that dynamix operates, in order to relocate the AppStore into the Settings menu on demand (if you want it there), I am creating a backup of my main html file and then modifying it.  This all works perfectly, with no ill effects at all.  However, in the case of an update to the html file itself (which didn't happen on today's update), then the net result will be that if you had moved the AppStore from the main menu to the Settings menu, then I have no choice but to restore it back onto the main tabs during an update so that both it and the backup file remain in sync.  If that happens, simply go back to Menu Settings and put it back where you want it.

Why open a new web page when going to a plugin's settings?

We bounced back and forth on that one a number of times during the Community Repository days, and plugin Settings operating the same is a hold over from it.

The reason is because of the "back button" on your browser.  If / when you add/edit a container or go to the settings of a plugin, if you hit back, expecting to be at the same place within CA (reasonable expectation), you actually would wind up back at CA's starting page  (similar behaviour to what happens after installing a plugin -> have to look at somehow disabling dynamix reloading the page)

We went back and forth, and the general consensus was that it was less confusing, and probably faster to open a new tab for things like this.  That way you can just close the new tab and you're back where you started out.

It doesn't particularily matter to me on the operation of new tab vs same tab, as now that I'm thinking further on it, the problem is slightly less annoying now than it was when CA was within the Docker Tab, and its basically nothing to make it selectable if people want it.

Yes, the expectation is the back button would take you back to where you were.

I wouldn't make it user configurable.  It's not worth the effort and not really a big deal.

Too late....  Dirt simple requests I don't mind doing.  (and if I'm not doing something on the computer, then my wife has a list a mile long about things to clean in the house)