• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The video lists 4 security patches and the changelog has 3. PHP is missing

Lost quickly in the posts. Bumping

We are using a version of PHP more recent that the security patch mentioned in the video (with yet more “security” patches), and since it’s not listed as an SSA it was inappropriate to list it there.

The reason it's listed in the video is that the video was partly produced half-way through the development phase, when the actual security advisory was specific to the patch-level included.  For the final release, it wasn't the same anymore, so I listed the new PHP version, but with the old SSA.  That was my fault and won't happen again.  In fact, in future videos, I won't be doing a "changelog overview" as that's really just pointless when the real purpose of the videos is to educate folks on features.

We are using a version of PHP more recent that the security patch mentioned in the video (with yet more “security” patches), and since it’s not listed as an SSA it was inappropriate to list it there.

The reason it's listed in the video is that the video was partly produced half-way through the development phase, when the actual security advisory was specific to the patch-level included.  For the final release, it wasn't the same anymore, so I listed the new PHP version, but with the old SSA.  That was my fault and won't happen again.  In fact, in future videos, I won't be doing a "changelog overview" as that's really just pointless when the real purpose of the videos is to educate folks on features.

Edit:

I removed my whole post as it was too many words.

Summary.

Every SSA needs to be listed in the stable release notes even if during the cycle it was replaced with a newer version.

The changelogs needs dates.

Edit:

Summary.

Every SSA needs to be listed in the stable release notes even if during the cycle it was replaced with a newer version.

Here's what I propose then:  When a CVE is discovered, please post it in the security forum.  When we address it in an RC / stable release, you can then edit the post and note the date that it was included.  Fair?

Thanks for your messages. This update has been indeed a nightmare, but it looks like no data loss...

I went the route "new config" and was able to assign all disks, so things are working again.

However, there is still an issue "bug" / issue. The array disks now are part of the array (and acccessible), but also show in the list of "unassigned devices". On other words, on "Unraid / Main", all ma array devices show array and unassigned at the same time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your messages. This update has been indeed a nightmare, but it looks like no data loss...

I went the route "new config" and was able to assign all disks, so things are working again.

However, there is still an issue "bug" / issue. The array disks now are part of the array (and acccessible), but also show in the list of "unassigned devices". On other words, on "Unraid / Main", all ma array devices show array and unassigned at the same time.

Any thoughts?

Unassigned Devices is not yet compliant with 6.1

Any thoughts?

What do you mean? This is different from 6.1 RC? So, the full list of array drives is supposed to show up under "unassigned"?

Any thoughts?

What do you mean? This is different from 6.1 RC? So, the full list of array drives is supposed to show up under "unassigned"?

There were several RCs. No it is not "supposed" to do that. You are supposed to remove the plugin until it is updated. Read the first post in this thread.

Oh I didn't realize that. Unassigned devices seems to be working just fine for me and has worked over the past few reboots...

It will work for old mount points already setup but not any new/modified ones as the /etc/rc.d gets run outside the web ui

Myk

Edit:

Summary.

Here's what I propose then:  When a CVE is discovered, please post it in the security forum.  When we address it in an RC / stable release, you can then edit the post and note the date that it was included.  Fair?

It sounds like a reasonable approach however I do not have time to make the commitment to track everything myself. Sure I can keep doing what I am doing but in a more structured manner but this falls far short of checking the CVE for all components every day.

This needs to lead by the core team and we can assist.

And one more question related to my earlier issue. I have done a "new config". The array disks stay after reboot. Unfortunately, the cache disk shows "no device" after every reboot. I can then just assign the disk and it works, so it is not a huge deal. It is somewhat awkward / annoying though. Any idea of a fix? Thanks in advance!

And one more question related to my earlier issue. I have done a "new config". The array disks stay after reboot. Unfortunately, the cache disk shows "no device" after every reboot. I can then just assign the disk and it works, so it is not a huge deal. It is somewhat awkward / annoying though. Any idea of a fix? Thanks in advance!

This does not sound right, and this is the first mention I have seen of this.  Perhaps you should post your diagnostics file (Tools->Diagnostics) to see if anyone can spot a cause for this.

This does not sound right, and this is the first mention I have seen of this.  Perhaps you should post your diagnostics file (Tools->Diagnostics) to see if anyone can spot a cause for this.

Thanks, here we go with the diagnostic attached. Any feedback on this issue appreciated!

tower-diagnostics-20150903-1759.zip

Thanks, here we go with the diagnostic attached. Any feedback on this issue appreciated!

Not quite sure what is causing your problem, but some comments from looking at the syslog:

• Unassigned Devices plugin is being loaded and this is not (yet) 6.1 compatible).  Not sure what effect that might be having but you might want to consider removing it.
  • There appear to be two SSD's in the system, but according to the log only 1 slot allowed for cache disk.    Which one is being used (the disk.cfg file suggests it is the Samsung)?

Not quite sure what is causing your problem, but some comments from looking at the syslog:

• Unassigned Devices plugin is being loaded and this is not (yet) 6.1 compatible).  Not sure what effect that might be having but you might want to consider removing it.
  • There appear to be two SSD's in the system, but according to the log only 1 slot allowed for cache disk.    Which one is being used (the disk.cfg file suggests it is the Samsung)?

Thanks for looking into my logs. I am indeed using only one of the two SSDs. The Samsung is the one I am using (and the one that disappears after reboot and then need to be added again). The other SSD (PCI-E) is not compatible with Unraid yet. One of the developers is kindly looking into it and I may be able to add it back later.

I have one disk that I don't want to add to the array, but still want to use, so I need the plugin to mount the disk. If you think this may be causing my cache disk issue, I could uninstall it, but would then need to find a solution to mount the other disk.

Any more thoughts appreciated!

Got it. With unassigned not working, is the only way to mount drives and add new drives to the array to use the command line?

That's the way we used to do it. There is something in the wiki for that. I mostly only do those mounts for making monthly offsite backups and I am due for one now so I may not wait on the plugin.

The new update looks great. But is there a way of downloading the file and placing it into wherever the "plugins update" would look for it?

If I try updating over the WebUI, the download is just sooooo slow. I currently live in China, which throttles some connections going overseas...