unRAID Server Release 6.1 Available

I'm going to reboot to see if the fix is "sticky" - I've rebooted several times after upgrading as it seems the unassigned devices plugin is broken.

I don't think they have updated to 6.1 Verified

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42446.0

EDIT:

Yea.. it hasn't been updated for 6.1 - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?board=77.0

Since I have nobody to piss off, rebooting can't hurt.  I'm guessing the problem will persist.  At least there's a work around.

I've rebooted after disabling and re-enabling notifications and the problem seems to be gone.  I don't know what was triggering it, but after 30 minutes of uptime it hasn't returned (and I've been viewing media via plex, browsing the file system).

When using the upgrade process in the GUI, it will automatically update the references in the cron files.

Did you upgrade using the GUI or was it a manual copy of bzimage and bzroot files?

YES, that's a good point...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hide "dot" files set to Yes is not working for me, unless it requires a full server restart. Stopped array, enabled it, still seeing all my hidden files.

Could be a caching issue on the device you're using to browse to the share.  What OS is it (and version)?

Latest Win10. I tried restarting the computer, but still see it. I'll try restarting the unRAID server tomorrow and see if that somehow fixes it.

Another small thing in the log ... as soon as I turned on Docker, and each time I do anything in Docker, the main console shows "warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh".

It's not breaking anything that I can see, everything (including Docker containers) seem to be working fine.  Just that occasional message.

Ok, that fixed it. Disable/Enable notifications. Message is no longer being displayed in the logs. Thanks for all your help!

This should not be necessary.  Are you running in a VM?  If so, we do not test unRAID OS running in a VM so there may be issues.

No, I'm running on physical hardware.

Did you use the GUI to upgrade or did you do a manual copy of files to the flash drive ?

Ok, that fixed it. Disable/Enable notifications. Message is no longer being displayed in the logs. Thanks for all your help!

This should not be necessary.  Are you running in a VM?  If so, we do not test unRAID OS running in a VM so there may be issues.

No, I'm running on physical hardware.

Did you use the GUI to upgrade or did you do a manual copy of files to the flash drive ?

I used the GUI/update button.

Upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.1 from the web GUI and all went great.

I did get this error message every min like some other users reported. I just disabled notifications and then enabled them and it went away. I am running unRAID as a base OS FWIW.

exit status 127 from user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dyanmix/scripts/monitor &> /dev/null

There is nothing in the OP about v6.0 plugins potentially not working with 6.1.. or am I being blind?

This seems important to me, for all those users who didn't experience the v6.1-rc's.  I recommend a warning note be added about the plugin situation, and how to determine ahead of time (by checking the Verified and Unverified plugins folders) whether they will lose the functionality of a plugin they depend on.

There is nothing in the OP about v6.0 plugins potentially not working with 6.1.. or am I being blind?

This seems important to me, for all those users who didn't experience the v6.1-rc's.  I recommend a warning note be added about the plugin situation, and how to determine ahead of time (by checking the Verified and Unverified plugins folders) whether they will lose the functionality of a plugin they depend on.

Definitely agree => especially since the plugins are now segregated into two different sections, based on whether or not they're known to work with v6.1  (so a user can check to see BEFORE doing the upgrade).

Upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.1 via web ui. Had to reboot twice, but now it's showing 6.1.

You mentioned some plugins have been integrated into 6.1, such as the UPS status. I've uninstalled that plugin, but are there others that have been integrated and therefore deprecated that should be uninstalled? Is there a list?

You mentioned some plugins have been integrated into 6.1, such as the UPS status. I've uninstalled that plugin, but are there others that have been integrated and therefore deprecated that should be uninstalled? Is there a list?

See the Obsolete Plugins section of the upgrade guide.  A few other plugins (like SNAP) have recommended replacements now, see the Plugin sections above that.