unRAID Server Release 6.1 Available

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to reboot to see if the fix is "sticky" - I've rebooted several times after upgrading as it seems the unassigned devices plugin is broken.

I don't think they have updated to 6.1 Verified

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42446.0

EDIT:

Yea.. it hasn't been updated for 6.1 - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?board=77.0

Since I have nobody to piss off, rebooting can't hurt.  I'm guessing the problem will persist.  At least there's a work around.

Update hosed my system. I did the update through the plugin page and rebooted. Upon reboot it errors out saying there's an error reading the usb drive and tries for a few seconds. It also changes my parity size from 5tb to 0 and does not bring up the web server. I've tried unplugging the usb and copying over the files manually and starting up in safe mode.

Edit: I've reverted back to 6.0.1 with no issues.

Upon reboot it errors out saying there's an error reading the usb drive and tries for a few seconds. It also changes my parity size from 5tb to 0 and does not bring up the web server.

:o

How are you seeing the errors / changing your parity size without the webGui loading?

Can you eject the flash, plug it into a Windows PC, and run checkdisk on it and try again?

I'm going to reboot to see if the fix is "sticky" - I've rebooted several times after upgrading as it seems the unassigned devices plugin is broken.

EDIT:

Yea.. it hasn't been updated for 6.1 - http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?board=77.0

Since I have nobody to piss off, rebooting can't hurt.  I'm guessing the problem will persist.  At least there's a work around.

I've rebooted after disabling and re-enabling notifications and the problem seems to be gone.  I don't know what was triggering it, but after 30 minutes of uptime it hasn't returned (and I've been viewing media via plex, browsing the file system). 

Upon reboot it errors out saying there's an error reading the usb drive and tries for a few seconds. It also changes my parity size from 5tb to 0 and does not bring up the web server.

How are you seeing the errors / changing your parity size without the webGui loading?

Can you eject the flash, plug it into a Windows PC, and run checkdisk on it and try again?

Watching the boot up process on a monitor. I've ran check disk with no failures. Reverting back to 6.0.1 fixed whatever issue I was running into.

Watching the boot up process on a monitor. I've ran check disk with no failures. Reverting back to 6.0.1 fixed whatever issue I was running into.

Please reboot in 6.1 and if you get to a command prompt, type 'diagnostics', then upload the file it generates to the flash device here for review.

The syncing and please reboot messages go to the attached console and not the updating dialog.  Might be confusing some.

So if I leave the monitor OFF will I see the PLEASE REBOOT in the webgui? If so I will just wait until I see that before switching it on.

No, there's no way that the OS knows that the monitor is disconnected and then to redirect the output to the webgui.  Once the update is done (via the console popup), I'd wait a minute and then stop the array, and then reboot it.

Please reboot in 6.1 and if you get to a command prompt, type 'diagnostics', then upload the file it generates to the flash device here for review.

I tried doing that but it's no use since it doesn't mount the usb drive to /. It gives a successful save but it saves it to the ram disk.

I tried doing that but it's no use since it doesn't mount the usb drive to /. It gives a successful save but it saves it to the ram disk.

Need to see if anyone else has this problem. Are you running as a VM?

That sounds like your drive is being mounted as read only.  I know 6.1 was supposed to include a file system check on the USB but I don't know how well it works.  You may want to try checking it on a Windows if it fails again. 

No. I can upload the diagnostics for 6.0.1 if that would help at all.

No. I can upload the diagnostics for 6.0.1 if that would help at all.

Probably not. Got to confer with Tom on this and see what kind of information we need to go from here.

Slightly odd... update via webGUI from my W10 pc. I always turn on the monitor connected to UR server when there will be a reboot so I can watch that process. Normally all the responses from updating appear in the webgui popup that downloads installs, etc. This time, starting with the "syncing..." message (before it tells you to REBOOT), ALL the responses from that point on appeared on the console (not the webgui popup). I was watching webgui and was wondering what was taking so long (no messages), turned around and all the messages were on the console screen.

Is this normal? I'd prefer it all be in one place, either or but all on the same screen :P

ps. update was successful :)

This was an odd problem in the plugin file.  I fixed it and pushed update to github.

Ok, that fixed it. Disable/Enable notifications. Message is no longer being displayed in the logs. Thanks for all your help!

This should not be necessary.  Are you running in a VM?  If so, we do not test unRAID OS running in a VM so there may be issues.

I can confirm running on ESXi (6 - using VMDK and usb passthrough) this problem exists, and enabling/disabling notifications fixed it, and the fix persisted across reboots of the unRAID guest (80 minutes, no issues).  Unsupported, I know.

Slightly odd... update via webGUI from my W10 pc. I always turn on the monitor connected to UR server when there will be a reboot so I can watch that process. Normally all the responses from updating appear in the webgui popup that downloads installs, etc. This time, starting with the "syncing..." message (before it tells you to REBOOT), ALL the responses from that point on appeared on the console (not the webgui popup). I was watching webgui and was wondering what was taking so long (no messages), turned around and all the messages were on the console screen.

Is this normal? I'd prefer it all be in one place, either or but all on the same screen :P

ps. update was successful :)

This was an odd problem in the plugin file.  I fixed it and pushed update to github.

Thanks for the update. I thought it was a bit odd to be correct behavior :)

EDIT:

I've rebooted after disabling and re-enabling notifications and the problem seems to be gone.  I don't know what was triggering it, but after 30 minutes of uptime it hasn't returned (and I've been viewing media via plex, browsing the file system).

When using the upgrade process in the GUI, it will automatically update the references in the cron files.

Did you upgrade using the GUI or was it a manual copy of bzimage and bzroot files?