Cannot find how to enable/disable disk SMB/NFS visibility

stomp

Hi.

I'm running 6.1.2. I cannot find how to enable/disable SMB/NFS visibility for one specific disk. Prior to v6, if I'm not mistaken, you would have to click on the disk under Main > Array devices. Now I only see Disk xx Settings, Attributes, Capabilities, Identity.

It might have changed with Dynamix webGui

Thanks in advance.

stomp

I am having trouble getting my head around this also.

Under disk shares Unraid reports "There are no exportable disk shares"

Yet when I look at the server from my windows machine all disks are shared with no security at all.

Even the flash drive it boots from.

This seems very risky its a new system and has defaulted to this state.

When I went looking I found a video on shares which scared me even more as it states

you must never attempt to copy data from a disk share to a user share as data loss will occur.

How do I ock down these Disk shares when Unraid insists.  "There are no exportable disk shares" :-\

Well I have answered half the question

Take the array off line and set " enable disk shares to YES it was AUTO

Start the array again and I can see the disk shares and set security.

How can I control the Flash drive share, it is not appearing as a share in unraid

but its still open to the network as a public share

Go to Main, Boot Device, click on Flash, then adjust the SMB Security settings however you like

Are you using user shares?  If you are, then AUTO should have set the disk shares to be not exported at all....  I'm just curious if you have inadvertently created user shares called disk1, disk2, etc (perhaps by a mistake in the command line if you were converting from reiserfs to xfs?)

How can I control the Flash drive share, it is not appearing as a share in unraid

With enable disk shares set to Auto, the only time disk shares will appears is if there are no user shares on them.  So when you start up the system by default, all disks are shown.  This is expected behavior.  Now go create a user share and you will see all the disk shares disappear.  The "Auto" mechanism is there to prevent you from accidentally moving data from a disk share to a user share.

As an example, let's say you toggle your global share settings (Settings -> Global Share Settings) so that only disk1 participates in user shares.  Then you create a share.  With disk shares set to Auto, disks 2 through N will automatically show up as exported, but disk1 will not.

If you click on the word "Flash" under the main tab, you will see options to control whether it is exported SMB or other network protocols.  You can disable it from being exported using that page.

• 1 month later...

Under Global Share Settings, you need to set Enable Disk Shares to be Yes

Awesome thanks for this. Just upgraded from 6.0-beta12 to 6.1.3 and couldn't access my disks the usual way (eg \\MICROSERVER\disk4\Music)

Where are the individual "SMB Security Settings" options now please? Before I could click a disk in the Main->Array Devices section and set the export to

No, Yes or Yes (Hidden). This is available for the flash in 6.1.3 but not individual disks any more.

Edit: never mind, got it, the answer was already above :)

You are talking about the visibility of disk shares ..... So look under the Shares -> Disk Shares

Awesome thanks for this. Just upgraded from 6.0-beta12 to 6.1.3 and couldn't access my disks the usual way (eg \\MICROSERVER\disk4\Music)

Where are the individual "SMB Security Settings" options now please? Before I could click a disk in the Main->Array Devices section and set the export to

No, Yes or Yes (Hidden). This is available for the flash in 6.1.3 but not individual disks any more.

On the Shares page.

Please be aware that these changes that make you jump through hoops to get disk shares are for your own protection. See User Share Copy Bug.

On the Shares page.

Please be aware that these changes that make you jump through hoops to get disk shares are for your own protection. See User Share Copy Bug.

Thanks. I use Shares for browsing my server but prefer to chose the individual disk of the share when copying files to the server.

I like to make sure similar things are on the same disk and no individual sub/sub folder is spread over more than 1 disk.

I'm careful not to copy something to the same disk when moving data from share to disk, or usually I move disk to disk so hopefully OK. :)