[Support] Linuxserver.io - Transmission

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: Transmission

Application Site: http://www.transmissionbt.com/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/transmission/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-transmission

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Upvote 2

There was, at least on mine (default admin/pass), but that may have been a remnant from a previous docker as I migrated to the Linuxserver docker from another one.

Anyway, I figured out how to disable it.  Stop the docker, change the rpc-authentication-required setting to false in the settings.json file in the docker appdata directory.  It will no longer prompt for a password.

There was, at least on mine (default admin/pass), but that may have been a remnant from a previous docker as I migrated to the Linuxserver docker from another one.

Anyway, I figured out how to disable it.  Stop the docker, change the rpc-authentication-required setting to false in the settings.json file in the docker appdata directory.  It will no longer prompt for a password.

False is the default setting on settings.json :)  I agree was from your previous docker.

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-transmission/blob/master/defaults/settings.json

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble setting the watch directory.  It keeps resetting itself back to /config/watch which isn't where my watch dirtectory is.  I've tried many sequences of editing the settings.json with no luck.  My Download and incomplete settings hold fine.

Any ideas ?  It worked fine in your previous (pre-ls.io) container.

Hey guys. Been using this and several of your dockers and they are working great.  ;D

I would like to make a suggestion to this specific docker. Is it possible to add python2.7 package to the Docker image? I use a postprocessing script (nzbToMedia) when the torrent download finishes but its not being triggered because of the missing package.

TIA and keep up the awesome work.

added separate mapping for watch folder.

if you pull the latest version from the hub by updating, you will need to add

/watch as an extra volume mapping in the unraid template, new users won't have to do this.

Thanks.  Pulled the latest and it's all working with a new watch folder mapping.  Cheers.

• 1 month later...

i migrated from needos docker.

my current folders are capitalized for Complete & Incomplete.

now each time the docker starts a complete & incomplete folder is created lowercase.

downloads still go towards the capitalized directories but the lowercase are just there being duplicates and causing headaches on my mac

i tried editing the settings.json but changes doesnt seem to stick and issue still persists when restarted.

is there a way to add a username and password?? similar to needos container??

The team should have told you this, but the init scripts inside the docker are hardwired to create the directories thats giving you hell. Best recourse is to move everything into the lower case directories and use those.

thats news to me. bummer :'(

can anyone from the team let me know if creating the directories can be avoided??

The obvious solution would be to just use lowercase.  Personally I try to avoid using uppercase on Linux for this very reason.  I'll take a look over the next couple of days.  But if we changed it to use uppercase then I'm sure we'll see complaints from others about wanting to use lowercase...

Having said that, until I've looked at it further I'm not entirely sure of the issue and the exact cause.  So I'll reserve judgement for now.

The team should have told you this, but the init scripts inside the docker are hardwired to create the directories thats giving you hell. Best recourse is to move everything into the lower case directories and use those.

thats news to me. bummer :'(

can anyone from the team let me know if creating the directories can be avoided??

ken-ji is right, lowercase is hardcoded in and I'm struggling to think of a reason why it's a significant problem, but I'm happy to listen to arguments for and against...  ;)

ken-ji is right, lowercase is hardcoded in and I'm struggling to think of a reason why it's a significant problem, but I'm happy to listen to arguments for and against...  ;)

its just the way ive always had things since unraid 4.7. and from plugins to needos dockers.

thw beginning of thie year i made the switch from needos dockers to linuxserver.io dockers

all went well except for transmission creating those lowercase folders and having to delete them

annoying at the most as long as i dont reboot the server or restart the docker lol

attached is how nice it looks on my explorer/finder :P

Screen_Shot.png.759359ea3461ed08947e3ee6097e19c8.png