Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nginx

139 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Is this Nginx docker still being supported/updated? The LS hub.docker.com page shows it was last updated June 6th 2017, but the unRAID CA page shows it was last updated December 5, 2015. I already have wild card certs for my domains, so I do not need LetsEncrypt. I just need an Nginx proxy for my other dockers.
 
Thanks for ALL the great work and support from the LinuxServer.io team!
 
buzz


Unraid template hasn't been updated with the changelog but the image is being updated. The docker hub page should have a more up to date changelog.

Currently it is the same as the letsencrypt one except it is missing the cert parts and fail2ban

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, aptalca said:

Unraid template hasn't been updated with the changelog but the image is being updated. The docker hub page should have a more up to date changelog.

 

While I understand why you guys don't do this, as a whole, changelogs on docker templates (the plugin guys are all awesome though at it) not being updated is far and away my biggest pet-peeve.

 

To the point that I'm contemplating removing the date updated text from the description and leaving it only displaying in the popup.

 

Pop up already has this in it: 

Quote

Change Log Note: not all maintainers keep up to date on change logs
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, aptalca said:

 


Unraid template hasn't been updated with the changelog but the image is being updated. The docker hub page should have a more up to date changelog.

Currently it is the same as the letsencrypt one except it is missing the cert parts and fail2ban

 

 

3 hours ago, dockerPolice said:

While I understand why you guys don't do this, as a whole, changelogs on docker templates (the plugin guys are all awesome though at it) not being updated is far and away my biggest pet-peeve.

 

To the point that I'm contemplating removing the date updated text from the description and leaving it only displaying in the popup.

 

Pop up already has this in it: 

 

 

Thanks @aptalca that's just what I wanted to know. Any plans for fail2ban coming to this docker? Not a big deal, just wondering.

Also, I read that the letsencrypt docker only does letsencrypt on one domain. If I wanted to use the LetsEncrypt service with multiple domains, Would it be best for me to try and modify this docker, or to start with the letsencrypt docker?

Thanks again for the help and your work at LS!

 

@dockerPolice, Sorry I didn't scroll down on the pop up to see that. Is there anyway for me to help in keeping these up to date, or does this need to be done by the maintainer?

 

buzz

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, buzzra said:

 

@dockerPolice, Sorry I didn't scroll down on the pop up to see that. Is there anyway for me to help in keeping these up to date, or does this need to be done by the maintainer?

Needs to be done by the maintainer.  And why lsio doesn't update them is because they do automated weekly updates.   

Hint hint maybe they could put a link to the projects changelogs   

Share this post


Link to post

Hint hint, changelogs are in the readme linked on the first page....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

I have a Feature Request: Would it be possible to add the support of multiple domains to the letsencrypt-docker in future?

 

Br,

Johannes

Share this post


Link to post

<Changes>

[a href='link/to/project/changelog' target='_blank']Project Changelog[/a]

 

Container Changelog:

.

.

.

</Changes>

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Hint hint, changelogs are in the readme linked on the first page....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
 

funny-police.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

It's just a pet peeve @CHBMB

Share this post


Link to post
Hi,
 
I have a Feature Request: Would it be possible to add the support of multiple domains to the letsencrypt-docker in future?
 
Br,
Johannes


We don't have plans for it. It makes the automation part super complicated and I haven't come up with a feasible way to implement it (without spending way too many dev hours)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, aptalca said:

 


We don't have plans for it. It makes the automation part super complicated and I haven't come up with a feasible way to implement it (without spending way too many dev hours)

 

 

Ok, was just an idea.

 

Nevertheless, the Docker is great :-)

 

I have now two of them running in parallel to have two domains covered.

 

Br,

Johannes

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there

 

Would it be possible to add php7-tokenizer to the docker please, in order that it resolves my only error using the docker for invoiceninja.

 

I have added manually and everything works great with it added.

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, local.bin said:

Hi there

 

Would it be possible to add php7-tokenizer to the docker please, in order that it resolves my only error using the docker for invoiceninja.

 

I have added manually and everything works great with it added.

 

Regards

 

Just so we're on the same page, is this the non LetsEncrypt container you're referring to here?  I don't see an issue adding it, just want to check which container before I do anything on github.

Share this post


Link to post
On 16/08/2017 at 8:33 AM, local.bin said:

Yes its the base nginx container, not letsencrypt.

 

I've opened a PR for the change.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

My application needs HTTP2 (http_request2)

 

How do I get that installed within this docker app? I feel like I'm so close!

 

2017/11/20 13:19:23 [error] 281#281: *11 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  require_once(HTTP/Request2.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /config/www/WeatherDisplayServer/iweather.php on line 3
PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'HTTP/Request2.php' (include_path='.:') in /config/www/WeatherDisplayServer/iweatherORIG.php on line 3" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.9.13, server: _, request: "GET /WeatherDisplayServer/iweather.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.9.10:81"

 

Edited by spencers

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/5/2016 at 6:29 AM, nallar said:

Steps to upgrade to nginx mainline (currently 1.9.10):


docker exec -it Nginx bash
add-apt-repository ppa:nginx/development
apt-get update
apt-get -y dist-upgrade
To check your config is correct before restarting, you can run:

nginx -tc /config/nginx/nginx.conf
 

This did not work for me. 

bash: add-apt-repository: command not found

bash: apt-get: command not found

Edited by spencers

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, spencers said:

This did not work for me. 

bash: add-apt-repository: command not found

bash: apt-get: command not found

 

Those are ubuntu commands. This container is based on alpine.

 

I'm not sure what exactly you need but we don't support dev versions of nginx, only stable releases

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, aptalca said:

 

Those are ubuntu commands. This container is based on alpine.

 

I'm not sure what exactly you need but we don't support dev versions of nginx, only stable releases

Thanks for the reply! I have a wunderground api-based weather webpage that I need to run on a web server so that it can feed my e-ink displays. 

 

Similar to this: http://www.galacticstudios.org/kindle-weather-display/ except I don’t use Kindles, so I need a local webserver, and a requirement of the code is http2.  I’m no developer so I’m not sure if there’s a workaround. 

Edited by spencers

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, spencers said:

Thanks for the reply! I have a wunderground api-based weather webpage that I need to run on a web server so that it can feed my e-ink displays. 

 

Similar to this: http://www.galacticstudios.org/kindle-weather-display/ except I don’t use Kindles, so I need a local webserver, and a requirement of the code is http2.  I’m no developer so I’m not sure if there’s a workaround. 

 

Nginx in this container already supports http2. 

 

Based on what you posted above, it seems one of your php files is referencing another, which doesn't exist. It's a user config problem, not a docker one. 

 

You need to make sure Request2.php exists and it is being referred to at the correct location

Edited by aptalca

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks! I'll look into the reference.

 

edit:

I manually downloaded HTTP_Request2. http://pear.php.net/package/HTTP_Request2/redirected

Then, the error log said it required Net_URL2. http://pear.php.net/package/Net_URL2/redirected

After that, the error log said it required PEAR-Exception. https://pear.php.net/package/PEAR_Exception

 

I placed each of the downloaded folders (HTTP, Net, & PEAR) in the same folder as my webpage in the www directory and voila, it now works!

Edited by spencers

Share this post


Link to post

If at all possible could the package php7-gmp be added to this nginx docker please to keep my php app working?

Edited by local.bin

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,

 

I have a special question regarding the dockers "nginx" and "letsencrypt".

 

Currently I have the following setup:

 

1) LetsEncrypt as ReverseProxy

2) Apps behind ReverseProxy, e.g. NextCloud and Apache

 

I noticed now that the Apache-Docker has a very outdated PHP Version (5.9) so I want to change this. I havent found a newer Apache Docker so the question is now:

 

A) Should I but my Webpages I have currently on Apache onto the LetsEncrpyt-Docker?

B) Or should I forward from the LetsEncrpyt-Docker to the NGINX-Docker (like I do now with Apache)?

 

And then another question: I need a simple site-conf-example for a Joomla Website for nginx. It only needs to listen on a special HTTPS Port, not on HTTP.

 

Br,

Johannes

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now