[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

7 minutes ago, TexasDave said:

I (believe) I have moved over to the NextGen servers successfuly. I am in the UK so using UK based servers from PIA.

Now trying to move to wireguard support but not having any joy. I attach two log files - one with wireguard enabled and one using OpenVPN.

There are a few errors in the wireguard one with this one being worrisome?

2020-10-12 11:03:56,914 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA VPN info API currently down, skipping endpoint port forward check

The switch should be easy? Just swap to the "test" repository and add in the wireguard variable? Any ideas?

Thanks!

OpenVPN.txt 14.33 kB · 0 downloads Wireguard.txt 11.76 kB · 1 download

firstly dont use the 'test' tagged version, i have now pushed the button so 'latest' now includes wireguard support and should be used.

the error you are seeing is actually just a warning:-

2020-10-12 11:01:52,025 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Port forwarding is enabled
[info] Checking endpoint 'uk-london.privacy.network' is port forward enabled...

2020-10-12 11:03:56,914 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA VPN info API currently down, skipping endpoint port forward check

so can be ignored, pia obviously had issues at the time you ran the container, everything else looks fine in the log, can you access the web ui?.

Hello--

Thank you Binhex for creating this.

I'm having some trouble getting my VPN connection established through Wireguard. My VPN provider is Mullvad.

First, I was getting an error stating RTNETLINK Permission denied. But, I added this to extra parameters and it seems to have solved that issue.

--sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=0

Now, I am getting an error with resolvconf--I tried installing openresolv, but I can't seem to do that. I also tried adding the DNS listed in my wg0.conf to the nameservers variable. I'm kinda stuck at the moment--any help would be much appreciated. My supervisord log and wireguard conf are attached.

supervisord.log wg0.conf

29 minutes ago, chris_netsmart said:

a quick question:   I am in the progress of moving my VPN settings from my delugevpn to PFsense as this will resolve a few other issues I have on my network,. but I would like to ask:

will delugevpn still working, if I just turn off the VPN part  ' VPN_ENABLED = No '  ?

yes

On 10/11/2020 at 11:36 PM, iLaurens said:

@binhex great work for fixing it. It all works like a charm again with PIA port forwarding. Been a big fan of this for a long time already. There is just one thing that used to work that does not work anymore; connecting to a specific IP of PIA's VPN severs. Before next-gen, I could replace the domain name (example: de-frankfurt.privacy.network) and replace it with an IP to ensure I'd get the same public IP assigned after a restart of the container. The connection to PIA still works when I select a specific IP, but the port forwarding somehow fails. It says that the port serving page of PIA refuses the connection (http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=xxxx). I have no idea why the port forwarding suddenly breaks when trying to fix the IP in the openvpn configuration file, but is this something you could still have a look at? Some torrent sites are really paranoid and require me to provide a static IP :( The domain names rotate between a set of IPs for each region so you'll almost always have a different public IP after restarting the container or if the connection resets.

I figured out what the likely culprit is. I see from your github that the nextgen PIA servers also require a new method of obtaining a port. Hence the two functions: `get_incoming_port_nextgen` and `get_incoming_port_legacy`. The nextgen function is only chosen if the VPN_REMOTE_SERVER env variable contains `privacy.network`. However when I explicitly set an IP in my openvpn config (from the nextgen servers) it will still select the old `get_incoming_port_legacy`. Could you possibly add an optional docker environment var that forces the get_incoming_port_nextgen to be selected? Maybe make it such that:

if [[ "${VPN_REMOTE_SERVER}" == *"privacy.network"* || "${FORCE_PIA_NEXTGEN:-false}" == "true"]]; then

Notice how I set a default value for FORCE_PIA_NEXTGEN (but you can also set default in Dockerfile). So you can leave it out of your dockerman definition and people need not know it even exists. However people that know about this environment variable setting (perhaps if you put it in the FAQ) could use this to force nextgen functionality. This would help people like me that want a static VPN IP from PIA.

Edited by iLaurens
5 hours ago, binhex said:

try removing the line 'DNS = 193.138.218.74' from your wg0.conf file, save and restart the container.

I'm also unable to get Mullvad wireguard to work. My log looks identical to Lucict's. Adding "--sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=0" to parameters got rid of "RTNETLINK Permission denied." But I have the same resolvconf issue.

Deleting the DNS line from wg0.conf gives me this:

2020-10-12 16:54:26,444 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: Rule family not supported.

2020-10-12 16:54:26,452 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
[#] ip link delete dev wg0

2020-10-12 16:54:26,501 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] WireGuard interface failed to come 'up', exit code is '1'

Edited by Herman Terds
Forgot to add that I'm using Mullvad wireguard.

Hi, 

WIreGuard also does not work for me. I tried to run wg-quick manually in the container console and I got the following error:

/usr/sbin/wg-quick: line 32: resolvconf: command not found

I can't install the package since I can't access the package repositories, but I think a change to the Dockerfile could maybe fix this?

I did a little more screwing around. I really don't know what I'm doing but from referencing this thread: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/4861-wireguard-on-armbian-tinkerboard/ , if I delete ", ::/0" from "AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0" in wg0.conf, I can avoid "Error: Rule family not supported." and get to "[info] WireGuard interface 'up' "

But I still get connection refused for the Deluge web interface and proxy connections.

10 hours ago, iLaurens said:

The nextgen function is only chosen if the VPN_REMOTE_SERVER env variable contains `privacy.network`. However when I explicitly set an IP in my openvpn config (from the nextgen servers) it will still select the old `get_incoming_port_legacy`. Could you possibly add an optional docker environment var that forces the get_incoming_port_nextgen to be selected? Maybe make it such that:

legacy will be ripped out shortly, so there will be no checks from then on as there will only be next-gen, so this will fix your issue, no real point doing the extra work to create an env var at this late stage (pia confirmed legacy network removed on 31st of oct).

@Herman Terds @benevo9971 can you both do the following:-

1. set privileged to on and remove any extra parameters

2. edit the wg0.conf file and change this line:-

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0,::0/0

to

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

3. attempt a start of the container, if still no go then try removing this line from the wg0.conf:-

DNS = 193.138.218.74

4. restart container and see if it comes up.

note - im really flying blind on this as im a pia user, so i have not been able to test this with any other providers, but with some tweaking i see no reason why it wouldnt work.

6 hours ago, AD24 said:

Anyone know of a way to connect to a specific PIA IP via Wireguard rather than a hostname? I tried putting the IP in the .conf file but that doesn't seem to work. 

this is not possible at this time due to the way pia has implemented wireguard, it uses multiple api calls to generate the wireguard config file, and the lookup must be a hostname not an ip address.

• Like 1
[info] Attempting to bring WireGuard interface 'up'...

2020-10-13 12:07:41,369 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Warning: `/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible

2020-10-13 12:07:41,376 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip link add wg0 type wireguard

2020-10-13 12:07:41,378 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] wg setconf wg0 /dev/fd/63

2020-10-13 12:07:41,397 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip -4 address add 100.66.110.13/32 dev wg0

2020-10-13 12:07:41,403 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip link set mtu 1420 up dev wg0

2020-10-13 12:07:41,421 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] resolvconf -a wg0 -m 0 -x

2020-10-13 12:07:41,421 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

/usr/sbin/wg-quick: line 32: resolvconf: command not found

2020-10-13 12:07:41,423 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip link delete dev wg0

still get the resolvconf error 

7 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok can you exec into the container and do this:-

pacman -S openresolv --noconfirm

then restart the container.

Had to docker cp the package into it because I had no internet access in it.

[#] ip -4 rule add table main suppress_prefixlength 0

2020-10-13 12:47:09,722 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] sysctl -q net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1

2020-10-13 12:47:09,723 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

sysctl: permission denied on key "net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark"

2020-10-13 12:47:09,724 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] resolvconf -d wg0 -f

2020-10-13 12:47:09,763 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip -4 rule delete table 51820

I'm running Manjaro so kernel version should not be an issue 

18 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok try adding this flag to your docker run command:-