[Support] binhex - NZBGet

2 minutes ago, blackbullitt said:

When I updated it would not download anything unless I change cert check to no under Security in the settings. I would get an abundance of TLS cert errors. The ideal fix was to pull a new pem file from nzbget.

can you give me details as to the error message, i can then post an issue with the developer of nzbget-ng and get a real fix in place, copying pem files around sounds just plain nasty.

Here is what I get if I have CertCheck turned on.

ERRORTue Nov 07 2023 04:32:20Could not set certificate store location: error:05880002:x509 certificate routines::system lib

ERRORTue Nov 07 2023 04:32:20Could not set certificate store location: error:05880002:x509 certificate routines::system lib

ERRORTue Nov 07 2023 04:32:20Could not set certificate store location: error:10000080:BIO routines::no such file

ERRORTue Nov 07 2023 04:32:20Could not set certificate store location: error:FFFFFFFF80000002:system library::No such file or directory

ERRORTue Nov 07 2023 04:32:20Could not set certificate store location: error:10000080:BIO routines::no such file

ERRORTue Nov 07 2023 04:32:20Could not set certificate store location: error:FFFFFFFF80000002:system library::No such file or directory

24 minutes ago, blackbullitt said:

Here is what I get if I have CertCheck turned on.

a new image has been produced which should sort out the cert issue for you, please pull down latest and let me know.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:07 PM, JonathanM said:

No unpack issues, just constant upgrade reminders.

updates now switched off in the latest image, please pull at your convenience.

btw i did take a look at the tagged version for nzbget-ng but they are in a poor state and do not compile at present, so we are stuck on develop branch until the dev produces 'releases'.

p.s. still no unpacking issues?

Just now, binhex said:

I'm still getting unpacking issues on latest (haven't updated to the no reminder one yet).  I'm also noticing that some files fail, but if I push them through again they come down fine.  Finally, files seem to occasionally switch to "queued" before resuming.

Could be my setup though - I'm on an old unassigned non SSD drive that used to be part of my array, and I've just migrated firewalls.  The unpacking part is better though, since it would sometimes take several restarts to get it going again, now it unpacks straight away.  Seemed to happen when there was a bit of other activity on the drive.

11 minutes ago, binhex said:

updates now switched off in the latest image, please pull at your convenience.

btw i did take a look at the tagged version for nzbget-ng but they are in a poor state and do not compile at present, so we are stuck on develop branch until the dev produces 'releases'.

I have not seen a single unpack stall with the ng build. It occasionally takes a minute or two to progress, but never a full stall requiring a container restart. I suspect someone actively watching the process could mistake the lack of immediate activity to be a stall, and impatiently restart. Previously I would regularly return to a single item stuck unpacking for hours, with the ng release all items so far eventually finish processing. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

I suspect someone actively watching the process could mistake the lack of immediate activity to be a stall, and impatiently restart. Previously I would regularly return to a single item stuck unpacking for hours, with the ng release all items so far eventually finish processing. 

For a sanity check, are we talking about when a process no longer has a time remaining value and watching the file in the unpack folder keeps cycling from zero to full size?  I'm not watching the docker, but quite often when I take a look first thing in the morning there's an item unpacking with a couple behind it, and a restart sorts it out straight away.

25 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

quite often when I take a look first thing in the morning there's an item unpacking with a couple behind it, and a restart sorts it out straight away.

I've never had an unpack stall keep subsequent unpacks from happening, quite the opposite, it seemed if I had one stalled, if I left it there it would mean new downloads would complete fine while the single stalled item would sit there forever unless you restarted the container, causing an almost instant completion, or cancelled it in the GUI, and manually redownload from the history.

I haven't watched the destination folders to see what was happening, because as long as nzbget reported a success all the rest of the 'ar automations would kick in without further intervention.

Because mine's on a spinner drive

1 minute ago, JonathanM said:

I've never had an unpack stall keep subsequent unpacks from happening, quite the opposite...

I'm guessing that may be because I'm on a spinner drive.  As such, I've set nzbget not to start subsequent jobs until the current one is finished.  The drive activity of an unpack and a new download at the same time would make everything crawl (likely set when I was running WD Green drives at a lower spin rate).

The only reason I've watched the file folder was when trying to work out what was going on (has it died)?  Like I say, could be my setup - it's quite low spec, and I'm pushing harder than perhaps it wants.

16 minutes ago, PBA+J said:

I saw that it was asked whether there were unpack issues...I do have that exact issue. After about 2-4 unpacks, it hangs and I have to stop and start again, or restart. It's been like that since install.

That's unfortunate. NZBGet has been stalling on seemingly random items, every time there is a major change we watch with bated breath to see if it might be fixed. I was super hopeful this last major update, it ran through more than 40 items without a single stall. Then, one stalled again.

Restarting the container always seems to fix it, without any data loss, so some have been using scripts to blindly restart the container periodically.

42 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

That's unfortunate. NZBGet has been stalling on seemingly random items, every time there is a major change we watch with bated breath to see if it might be fixed. I was super hopeful this last major update, it ran through more than 40 items without a single stall. Then, one stalled again.

Restarting the container always seems to fix it, without any data loss, so some have been using scripts to blindly restart the container periodically.

If I wanted to restart every 3 minutes, I can use CA User Scripts to accomplish this, correct?

I labeled it NZB Restart

I used the following in the scripts:

#!/bin/bash
docker restart binhex-nzbget

I run in the background on Custom and set this input for custom:  */3 * * * *

That should restart NZB every 3 minutes, right?

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, PBA+J said:

If I wanted to restart every 3 minutes, I can use CA User Scripts to accomplish this, correct?

I labeled it NZB Restart

I used the following in the scripts:

#!/bin/bash
docker restart binhex-nzbget

I run in the background on Custom and set this input for custom:  */3 * * * *

That should restart NZB every 3 minutes, right?

Confirmed, this works.

Just now, PBA+J said:

Seeing as how I have 87 files in que and can only unpack 1-2 before stalling, it's what's working now 

If you set it to process multiple files instead of one at a time it will likely rip through the entire rest of the que while that single stalled file just sits there, and then you can restart to get that last one done.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, JonathanM said:

i guess i MIGHT be able to detect a stall condition and then kill all processes in the container thus forcing the container to stop, if you had it set to auto restart then it would then start back up and unpack the stalled queued item, worth investigating?

If a new version is compiled with an updated unrar is there any chance of getting 7zip updated too if a new version is available? Whenever I get stalls in unpacking this is often on the top of my Messages tab.

442682222_Screenshot2023-11-15at10_14_27pm.png.408eea16a2d3fb0b376a0963db4eaf81.png

I might be pointless but if you're updating one unpacker then might as well do the other too.

Edited by Knom
clarification