[Support] binhex - NZBGet

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, binhex said:

i have been officially poked :-), OK new image created please give it a whirl and let me know, if it looks ok i will merge to main, the tag name is 'nzbget-ng'

Still 6789? I get a 404 on that port when I changed repositories with existing config.

Or do I need to set it up fresh with a blank config?

6 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Still 6789? I get a 404 on that port when I changed repositories with existing config.

Or do I need to set it up fresh with a blank config?

yep still the same port, i used an existing config file and it simply worked, got anything in the log?

59 minutes ago, binhex said:

i used an existing config file

sorry i lied!, when i was testing it was creating a brand new config file, so yeah looks like the issue you are having is around transitioning from an existing config file with the old locations of nzbget to the new locations of nzbget-ng, taking a look now....

1 minute ago, binhex said:

the issue you are having is around transitioning from an existing config file with the old locations of nzbget to the new locations of nzbget-ng,

Yep, changing both the WebDir and ConfigTemplate variables in the config file fixed it right up.

Also had to edit my GUI fix script, same edit change bin to share.

Everything is "working", but I haven't pushed a file to it yet.

3 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

kdiffing the old and new files revealed a BUNCH of changes, hopefully none of my other legacy settings comes back to bite me.

hopefully not!, i think i have a fix for the transition issue you had, im hoping you have a copy of the old config before you fixed it up so you can give the fix a go.

40 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Done. If you are a linux desktop user kdiff3 is very interesting to compare old and new.

nope, sadly im not using a linux desktop, remote to linux vm's sucks donkeys balls ( i tried several distros and several remote servers, they all are clunky), so im stuck on a windows vm for my dev work for now - beyondcompare is the king for diffing on windows, at least in my opinion it is 🙂

OK new image for you to test (cheers for the config file), please pull down same tagged name again, this one should now correctly fix up your config file, let me know the outcome.

8 hours ago, JonathanM said:

image.png.ad2288f19c6ca5a88ece090da25e6e03.png

Loaded, theoretically what would happen if I updated inside the app?

Well in nzbget-ng current state, probably nothing as the download would then need compiling, you would also be performing a rather large downgrade not an upgrade, note the dates:-
image.thumb.png.74837ae32d8b6dd7400d272cf1743ce6.png

As you probably are aware i prefer stable releases over new shiny, but in this case we have to go bleeding edge (develop branch - the only branch!) as there are no latest releases, so you are literally running THE latest code available, if releases start to happen on a regular basis then i will switch over to release.

I am going to merge this change into main and push out a new image so feel free to target 'latest' again in around 40 mins from this post.

1 minute ago, JonathanM said:

Knock on wood, but I've yet to experience the unpacking hang with this version, with a couple dozen downloads completed.

Well that IS good news!, I was hopeful it might fix this as we are now compiling from source as opposed to using the pre-compiled 'app', awesome!.

I constantly get stuff stuck on unpacking on mine, even with the new update. Also, the new update that dropped I can't seem to find where the cacert.pem file is located in order to fix that issue. It was located in /usr/local/bin/nzbget/, but now nzbget is showing as a file and not a folder anymore since the update. Any fixes for these issues?

3 minutes ago, blackbullitt said:

I constantly get stuff stuck on unpacking on mine, even with the new update.

hmm that's a bit sad 😞

4 minutes ago, blackbullitt said:

in order to fix that issue.

what issue? the unpack issue?, this won't be fixed by updating a cert.

7 minutes ago, blackbullitt said:

which resolves a tls connection error.

have you confirmed this is still an issue with this image, the fix may not be relevant any more.

7 minutes ago, blackbullitt said:

However the path is no longer vaild to remove the old pem file

i have confirmed there are no pem files in the image, so nothing to remove.