[Support] binhex - Emby

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

How does one update Emby to the latest stable version using this container?  I see it's not as simple as a docker restart emby like it was with Plex.

you simply open the unraid webui, go to the docker tab, click on the "check for updates" button, if there is an update you click on "update ready" and let it update, its as simple as that.

edit - and yes this docker image is automagically updated for you when a new stable release is out (possible day or so delay).

Edited by binhex
1 minute ago, IamSpartacus said:

I'm running this container on a different Linux box so I don't have that option.

in that case you will need to delete the container and then re-create it again, this will force a pull down of the latest image (assuming your doing it properly by doing a "docker pull" and then a "docker run")

Edited by binhex
5 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

Does your container pull from their Github?  I removed the container, did a docker pull, re-created but it still is on 3.2.32.0.

no, it uses Arch Linux Repo, which is currently marked as out of date, there is generally a small delay between github release and Arch picking it up (around a day normally), so expect it in the next 24-48 hours, FYI here is the link to the package on Arch Linux:-

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/emby-server/

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

no, it uses Arch Linux Repo, which is currently marked as out of date, there is generally a small delay between github release and Arch picking it up (around a day normally), so expect it in the next 24-48 hours, FYI here is the link to the package on Arch Linux:-

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/emby-server/

Got it.  Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
whats the difference between this one and the 
Or just 2 releases of the same version?

thx
My image is way way better
Ok so joking aside the difference is the base os really and the method used to keep up to date with the latest release, I use arch Linux and custom scripts to keep up to date with the latest release, the other Devs probably use a different base os and maybe manual builds, end result is the same.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a problem with the latest version.  I tried to install and it only downloads 4MB and doesn't start.  Appdata folder contains two files, perms and supervisor log.

2017-11-27 21:11:00.960595 [info] Host is running unRAID
2017-11-27 21:11:01.004655 [info] System information Linux 41203d39f68f 4.9.30-unRAID #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 26 13:56:36 PDT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2017-11-27 21:11:01.052360 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2017-11-27 21:11:01.096736 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2017-11-27 21:11:01.395183 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2017-11-27 21:11:01.436201 [info] Setting permissions recursively on volume mappings...
chown: cannot access '/etc/conf.d/emby-server': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/usr/lib/emby-server': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/usr/bin/emby-server': No such file or directory

emby.png

i'm getting the same error:

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2017-11-27 23:46:10.539697 [info] Host is running unRAID
2017-11-27 23:46:10.557085 [info] System information Linux f5df9d3bc073 4.9.30-unRAID #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 26 13:56:36 PDT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2017-11-27 23:46:10.575669 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2017-11-27 23:46:10.593671 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2017-11-27 23:46:10.661496 [warn] UMASK not defined (via -e UMASK), defaulting to '000'
2017-11-27 23:46:10.680412 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
chown: cannot access '/etc/conf.d/emby-server': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/usr/lib/emby-server': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/usr/bin/emby-server': No such file or directory

Same error here as unevent and Cr0nis. It was working just fine until today, (In my case however i was unsure what was at fault, as i had a blackout during the day as well, but seeing other people confirm the issue proves it wasn't that).

Edited by Jaff

Identical error in log as last 3 posts by unevent Cr0nis and Jaff.

I'm pretty new at unraid, so my skills are limited, but I guess my best option for now is to do some research to try and figure out how to revert to the previous build until a fix is forthcoming?

58 minutes ago, Ubik said:

I'm pretty new at unraid, so my skills are limited, but I guess my best option for now is to do some research to try and figure out how to revert to the previous build until a fix is forthcoming?

For anyone interested: to roll back to a previous version refer to the second post Q11 at binhex's general support page.

I followed the instructions to roll back to the 3.2.36.0-1-01 build from 24 days back and my Emby docker starts again.

Thanks binhex for your awesome work!

3 hours ago, Ubik said:

ok guys, its all fixed up please grab the newly built image, looks like arch linux had a shuffle around with packages and dependencies, so needed to do some work to shore that up, all good now.

Hi to all contibutors,

first of all thank you for your emby docker container! I recently upgraded to emby premium and encountert some problems with  new addons.  I think it could be an error within the container itself.

Running on QNAP 4.3.3 and Docker (Container Station)

Emby Server fresh pulled today ->3.2.50.0

Starting/Creating Parameters:

docker run -d -p 8096:8096 --name Emby --restart=always -v /share/Media:/media -v /share/Container/config/emby:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e UMASK=022 -e PUID=1002 -e GUID=1000 binhex/arch-emby

Example Plugin: BlurN Version 2.0.0.1

Task „Refresh new releases“ failed 

Is it maybe possible that there are some permission settings wrong inside the container? If its something emby related I will try there. But my first shot would be the container.

2017-12-06 20:09:18.084 Error InstallationManager: Error updating package cache

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.2.50.0

Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe

Operating system: Unix 4.2.8.0

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Processor count: 4

Program data path: /config

Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)

at Interop.CheckIo(Int64 result, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)

at System.IO.UnixFileSystem.CopyFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<UpdateCachedPackages>d__53.MoveNext()

System.UnauthorizedAccessException

at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)

at Interop.CheckIo(Int64 result, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)

at System.IO.UnixFileSystem.CopyFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.<UpdateCachedPackages>d__53.MoveNext()

InnerException: System.IO.IOException

System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted

Example Plugin: Emby Statistics Version 2.0.0.0

Task „Calculate statistics for all users“ failed

2017-12-06 20:12:44.421 Error TaskManager: Error

*** Error Report ***

Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe

System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.

Parameter name: path

at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)

at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.LoadGeneratedAssembly(Type type, String defaultNamespace, XmlSerializerImplementation& contract)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.GetSerializer(Type type)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToWriter(Object obj, XmlWriter writer)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToStream(Object obj, Stream stream)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToFile(Object obj, String file)

at MediaBrowser.Common.Plugins.BasePlugin`1.SaveConfiguration()

at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.<MediaBrowser-Model-Tasks-IScheduledTask-Execute>d__20.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__68.MoveNext()

System.ArgumentException

at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)

at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.LoadGeneratedAssembly(Type type, String defaultNamespace, XmlSerializerImplementation& contract)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.GetSerializer(Type type)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToWriter(Object obj, XmlWriter writer)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToStream(Object obj, Stream stream)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToFile(Object obj, String file)

at MediaBrowser.Common.Plugins.BasePlugin`1.SaveConfiguration()

at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.<MediaBrowser-Model-Tasks-IScheduledTask-Execute>d__20.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__68.MoveNext()

2017-12-06 20:12:44.421 Info TaskManager: Calculate statistics for all users Failed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds

2 hours ago, lasdksadi2 said:

s it maybe possible that there are some permission settings wrong inside the container? If its something emby related I will try there. But my first shot would be the container.

i just installed both of these plugins with no issue, my only difference is of course im running on unraid and i also have a more open umask value of 000, as opposed to your value of 022, so you could try changing the umask value to see if this fixes the issue.

28 minutes ago, binhex said:

i just installed both of these plugins with no issue, my only difference is of course im running on unraid and i also have a more open umask value of 000, as opposed to your value of 022, so you could try changing the umask value to see if this fixes the issue.

ok thanks, but this didn´t solve my issue, unfortunately

i think its a global issue because multiple addons are pointing in the same direction (sample of backup addon below). But if the addons are working for you on unraid i maybe have to watch for specific qnap docker characteristics 

2017-12-06 22:54:22.343 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe -noautorunwebapp
	System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.SharpCifsFileSystem.IsEnabledForPath(String path)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DirectoryExists(String path)
	   at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.<ExecuteBackup>d__61.MoveNext()
	   at MBBackup.Entities.ScheduledBackupTask.<Execute>d__8.MoveNext()
	System.NullReferenceException
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.SharpCifsFileSystem.IsEnabledForPath(String path)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DirectoryExists(String path)
	   at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.<ExecuteBackup>d__61.MoveNext()
	   at MBBackup.Entities.ScheduledBackupTask.<Execute>d__8.MoveNext()

2017-12-06 22:54:22.343 Info TaskManager: Configuration Backup Failed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds

I having an issue with addons too and I'm using the Docker. Its weird. When I try to save configuration changes to plugins, the circle spins and spins forever. I never get the notification that changes were saved and the .xml files in the configurations folder for the plugins never gets changed. If I open a new tab with emby in it and go to the plugin, the settings are there...but never get written to the .xml file, so when the server reboots, the scheduled tasks associated with some of the plugins fail.

I've setup another emby installation just to see if it was the config, but nope...same issue. Havent tried the official emby docker yet. REALLY dont feel like migrating and I dont think it really has anything to do with Binhex.

There's a new version of Emby available so I am waiting for the docker to get updated in hopes that it fixes whatever this issue is.

Edited by DazedAndConfused