Unraid GUI - UnRAID 6.2 beta 18

TedatTNT

I'm having issues with the Unraid GUI.

First, I was running 6.x (not sure which version).

I then initiated the installation using these instructions from the 6.2 post:

To upgrade your server to this release, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, copy this text into the box and click Install:

Code: [select]

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/unRAIDServer-6.2/master/unRAIDServer.plg

...and then I went to the Flash syslink config and moved the "default" line to the GUI mode section.

After rebooting, I was stuck in a boot loop, trying to launch bzroot-gui, but never getting the OK -- just back to the options page with a timer before launching the default. I intervened by selecting the non-GUI version.

I checked the flash drive, and found that bzroot-gui was missing from the flash drive. I downloaded the zip file and manually copied it over. I rebooted again.

This time, there was no boot loop. Things began loading and then the last lines were:

Kernel Offset: disabled

---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

I am still able to reboot in the non-GUI mode, but but GUI mode does this every time.

Ideas?

I'm having issues with the Unraid GUI.

First, I was running 6.x (not sure which version).

I then initiated the installation using these instructions from the 6.2 post:

To upgrade your server to this release, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, copy this text into the box and click Install:

Code: [select]

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/unRAIDServer-6.2/master/unRAIDServer.plg

...and then I went to the Flash syslink config and moved the "default" line to the GUI mode section.

After rebooting, I was stuck in a boot loop, trying to launch bzroot-gui, but never getting the OK -- just back to the options page with a timer before launching the default. I intervened by selecting the non-GUI version.

I checked the flash drive, and found that bzroot-gui was missing from the flash drive. I downloaded the zip file and manually copied it over. I rebooted again.

This time, there was no boot loop. Things began loading and then the last lines were:

---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

I am still able to reboot in the non-GUI mode, but but GUI mode does this every time.

Ideas?

This is a known issue, the missing gui file, the upgrade path does not seem to actually copy the gui file to the flash drive, that is why its not able to boot. Others have fixed it by manually copying the file.

Also, before anyone switches the defaults you should try it once to make sure it even works.

You should probably report that it doesn't work after copying the gui file on the release thread with your diagnostics so Limetech will be aware of it. I think probably everyone had to copy the file manually but I don't think I have seen any report that it didn't work after.

I think this indicates a problem of some sort with the USB stick.    It might be worth backing up its contents; doing a full format on it;  copy the contents back; run make_bootable.bat (as Administrator).  See if that cures the problem?  If not then maybe copying the bzroot-gui file from the ZIP again as that was the last file you copied onto the USB stick.

I think this indicates a problem of some sort with the USB stick.    It might be worth backing up its contents; doing a full format on it;  copy the contents back; run make_bootable.bat (as Administrator).  See if that cures the problem?  If not then maybe copying the bzroot-gui file from the ZIP again as that was the last file you copied onto the USB stick.

Okay, I've tried these steps - twice. Copying the bzroot-gui file was the easiest, so I started with that, even re-downloading the zip and copying it over. And, in addition to reformatting, I tried a different flash drive -- still no help.

It doesn't load enough to have anything logged that I can post. The best I can offer is a video of it failing to fully load:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oh139mvkzu4xhef/Unraid.mp4?dl=0

Thanks,

Ted

Okay, I've tried these steps - twice. Copying the bzroot-gui file was the easiest, so I started with that, even re-downloading the zip and copying it over. And, in addition to reformatting, I tried a different flash drive -- still no help.

It doesn't load enough to have anything logged that I can post. The best I can offer is a video of it failing to fully load:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oh139mvkzu4xhef/Unraid.mp4?dl=0

Thanks,

Ted

When it fails to load with a kernel error, it says:

Does anyone know what this means?

Archived