[Support] Ninthwalker - plexReport

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an option to create a html file like plexemail does? That way I can host it on my apache server and users can see what's new.

Not currently. This is email only for right now. I also use the linuxserver plexemail docker for my static html page.

When I have time, i may look into generating a static page from this as well.

Hi, I'm pretty new to Linux in general so command line functions (aside from the basic ones) can be a bit confusing to me. Which numbers do I change to schedule the emails every week?

crontab -l | { cat; echo "30 11 * * 5 docker exec plexReport plexreport -n -d"; } | crontab -

I actually just updated the docker with a few fixes and also changed the cron system to use a .cron file.

Please update the docker to grab the latest version. You will still need to edit the plexreport_schedule.cron file with your own time/date however.

I have updated the first post of this thread with the new info and also a link for people that need help generating a time/date in cron format.

Hope that helps. Thanks.

-=Latest Changes=-

13JUN2016:

• Updated to same Phusion/baseimage that other docker maintainers are using.
  • Added a check to backup current config files before replacing with new ones after updating.
  • Fixed image sizes to be uniform across most email platforms.
  • updated schedule to be based off using new unRAID 6 .cron file. - See directions.
  • Fixed bundle world writeable error.
  • removed unnecessary files.

- Ninthwalker

Is it possible (I know its not a docker thing, rather an app feature) to update this to allow excluding one or more specific Libraries from the email blast? That is the main thing that PlexEmail had that I needed.

The filtering functionality of the program is not currently working as I would like. The logic needs to be fixed for that.

So for now it reports on all Libraries.

- Ninthwalker

• 1 month later...

Is it possible (I know its not a docker thing, rather an app feature) to update this to allow excluding one or more specific Libraries from the email blast? That is the main thing that PlexEmail had that I needed.

The filtering functionality of the program is not currently working as I would like. The logic needs to be fixed for that.

So for now it reports on all Libraries.

- Ninthwalker

Not quite "All Libraries".

Right now with the Agent support limited to themoviedb, Freebase, and thetvdb.org you won't get Movie Libraries using the new default Plex Movie Agent and Anime Libraries using the popular HamaTV Agent.

Would it be possible to add support for those two agents?  Plex Movie still uses themoviedb for Cast List Source and Plot Summary, but allows more customization for Ratings Sources (plus it's the default if you upgrade to the latest Plex).  Meanwhile HamaTV is the only way to get proper Anime episodes listings using Anidb as its source.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ninthwalker for creating this docker. Been looking to use this for while.

I am getting the following error when executing though :

/usr/local/sbin/plexreport:117:in `block in getMovies': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

from /usr/local/sbin/plexreport:95:in `each'

from /usr/local/sbin/plexreport:95:in `getMovies'

from /usr/local/sbin/plexreport:366:in `main'

from /usr/local/sbin/plexreport:385:in `<main>'

Has anyone experienced this?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Ninthwalker for creating this docker. Been looking to use this for while.

I am getting the following error when executing though :

/usr/local/sbin/plexreport:117:in `block in getMovies': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

from /usr/local/sbin/plexreport:95:in `each'

from /usr/local/sbin/plexreport:95:in `getMovies'

Has anyone experienced this?

I am receiving something similar which started this week. Last weeks report came through just fine. Here is the error that I am seeing:

/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/http.rb:763:in `initialize': Connection timed out - connect(2) (Errno::ETIMEDOUT)

from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/http.rb:763:in `open'

from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/http.rb:763:in `block in connect'

from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/timeout.rb:55:in `timeout'

from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/timeout.rb:100:in `timeout'

from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/http.rb:763:in `connect'

from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/http.rb:756:in `do_start'

from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/http.rb:745:in `start'

from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/http.rb:1285:in `request'

from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/httparty-0.13.1/lib/httparty/request.rb:93:in `perform'

from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/httparty-0.13.1/lib/httparty.rb:521:in `perform_request'

from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/httparty-0.13.1/lib/httparty.rb:457:in `get'

from /var/lib/plexReport/plex.rb:29:in `get'

from /usr/local/sbin/plexreport:93:in `getMovies'

Maybe Ninthwalker can shed some light on this.

Update: I was able to find the issue - I recently changed the IP address of the unRAID host and needed to update the /config/config.yaml file with the updated IP address.

• 1 month later...

I am getting the following when I attempt to install.

Pulling image: ninthwalker/plexreport:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from ninthwalker/plexreport.

IMAGE ID [6ffe5d2d6a97]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [f4e00f994fd4]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [e99f3d1fc87b]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ededd75b6753]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [1ddde157dd31]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [10ed36219eb1]: Pulling fs layer. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [f3ebc5d10bc1]: Pulling fs layer. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [2888a61350e4]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 47 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 47 MB

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

Just installed PlexReport but having problems getting it working. The plexReport.log shows the most recent movies added but I don't get an email.

config.yaml

---
email:
  title: Plex Server Summary
plex:
  server: 10.0.1.20
  api_key: *******************
mail:
  address: mail.twc.com
  port: '993'
  username: **************
  password: **************
  subject: Plex Server Summary

plexReport.log

I, [2016-10-02T21:30:02.004482 #518]  INFO -- : Starting up PlexReport
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:07.790704 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: The 33
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:08.837992 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Amazing Grace
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:09.968257 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Battle Circus
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:10.952646 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: The Best of Me
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:12.057529 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Brooklyn
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:13.153442 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Gandhi
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:14.065345 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:15.197573 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: In the Heart of the Sea
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:16.376580 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Jack Reacher
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:17.370929 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: The Jungle Book
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:18.363105 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:19.349627 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Nat King Cole: Afraid of the Dark
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:20.341053 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Our Brand Is Crisis
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:21.474554 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Red Dragon
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:22.425933 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Regarding Henry
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:23.508023 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Rescue Dawn
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:24.440966 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: The Revenant
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:25.418184 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:26.344656 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Run All Night
I, [2016-10-02T21:30:27.231526 #518]  INFO -- : Reporting Movie: Steve Jobs

Port 993 is meant to receive on IMAP (SSL), not send....

try one of those for SMTP:

SMTP Server (Outgoing Messages)

Non-Encrypted AUTH 25 (or 587)

Secure (TLS) StartTLS 587

Secure (SSL) SSL 465

EDIT: just checked for you, Time Warner Cable uses port 587 for SMTP, try that  :)

Port 993 is meant to receive on IMAP (SSL), not send....

try one of those for SMTP:

SMTP Server (Outgoing Messages)

Non-Encrypted AUTH 25 (or 587)

Secure (TLS) StartTLS 587

Secure (SSL) SSL 465

EDIT: just checked for you, Time Warner Cable uses port 587 for SMTP, try that  :)

Thanks. Reading through this thread it looks like I also need to do some changes to configure.yaml to specify a recipient. Is there anything else that must be configured that isn't done as part of the initial install?

The test emails are working now, but when I try to run plexReport from the command line I get this-

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec plexReport plexreport
/var/lib/plexReport/mailReport.rb:57:in `sendMail': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
from /usr/local/sbin/plexreport:381:in `main'

The test emails are working now, but when I try to run plexReport from the command line I get this-

/var/lib/plexReport/mailReport.rb:57:in `sendMail': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

After some testing, it appears that this error is the result of me not having any friends. :D

Running the docker with -n and it works. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the emails to also show my recently added TV Shows?

Recently I have noticed my plexreport container not allowing access to run commands.

root@unraid:/mnt/user/appdata/plexreport# docker exec plexReport plexreport -t
exec: "plexreport": executable file not found in $PATH
root@unraid:/mnt/user/appdata/plexreport# 

Running "

docker exec -it plexReport bash

" just creates a new shell on unraid. Other containers work fine, it's just plexreport.

Any ideas folks?

After some testing, it appears that this error is the result of me not having any friends. :D

Running the docker with -n and it works. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the emails to also show my recently added TV Shows?

It should show TV Shows by default. Try checking that your Plex TV agent is set to theTVDB. I don't know if you modified or added anything special to your config, but check that or post it.

Check the logs for anything weird, and of course new TV shows have to have been added within the last 7 days.

Recently I have noticed my plexreport container not allowing access to run commands.

root@unraid:/mnt/user/appdata/plexreport# docker exec plexReport plexreport -t
exec: "plexreport": executable file not found in $PATH
root@unraid:/mnt/user/appdata/plexreport# 

Running "

" just creates a new shell on unraid. Other containers work fine, it's just plexreport.

Any ideas folks?

When you say it 'creates a new shell on unraid', do you mean it doesn't actually enter the container?

If that's the case, then the docker exec command won't work either and something seems messed up.

I would delete and recreate the container, rerun the initial setup. It will save your original config files in your appdata dir if you want to reuse those again after testing.

Check the logs for anything weird, and of course new TV shows have to have been added within the last 7 days.

This is probably the issue. I had thought it was just displaying the most recent "Recently Added". Didn't realize there was a time limit. I'll remove a show and then re-add it just to be sure. Thanks.

Hi,

This broke for me on the last update, as with the previous users post the plexreport executable seems to be messed up.

running

docker exec plexReport plexreport -n -d

I get.. exec: "plexreport": executable file not found in $PATH

If I jump into the container and try this.

root@TheBox:/# whereis plexreport
plexreport: /opt/plexReport/bin/plexreport
root@TheBox:/# /opt/plexReport/bin/plexreport
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require': cannot load such file -- bundler/setup (LoadError)
        from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
        from /opt/plexReport/bin/plexreport:3:in `<main>'

I deleted my container and redownloaded it, same result.

Cheers,

Wob

For the two of you that are receiving the "executable file not found in $PATH'.

I can not reproduce that error.

Tested on 6.1.9 and 6.2.

After you reinstalled the docker are you sure you followed the instructions and ran the ./initial_config.sh script?

Also, make sure you are typing the commands in correctly.

For example, you can get that error if you enter the below command:

docker exec plexReport -it bash

when it should be

Baring the above, show me a screenshot of your docker config settings as maybe something is off there.

Thanks.

For the two of you that are receiving the "executable file not found in $PATH'.

I can not reproduce that error.

Tested on 6.1.9 and 6.2.

After you reinstalled the docker are you sure you followed the instructions and ran the ./initial_config.sh script?

Also, make sure you are typing the commands in correctly.

For example, you can get that error if you enter the below command:

docker exec plexReport -it bash

when it should be

Baring the above, show me a screenshot of your docker config settings as maybe something is off there.

Thanks.

I was able to get the following error: exec: "plexreport": executable file not found in $PATH when being forced to re-load the docker after rebooting my server and all the dockers disappeared. The initial setup had to be re-ran in order to fix the issue in addition to re-installing via template.