[Support] Linuxserver.io - Domoticz

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: Domoticz

Application Site: https://www.domoticz.com

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/domoticz/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-domoticz

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Tags available for latest and stable.

Guess that I can't delete that feature of CA now...

Hopefully other authors will see the options it brings up and take advantage to make things easier for new users.

Is there documentation on how to implement this in a template squid?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hopefully other authors will see the options it brings up and take advantage to make things easier for new users.

Programming forum docker xml thread.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Ta, I will take a look

Ta, I will take a look

Do it on a test container so you see how CA reacts

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

The Domoticz UI is telling me that there's an update available for the software.  If you click it you can see that it tries to download it but fails.

Is updating within the app supported or is this something you do as an update to the container?

Cheers

Hi,

I am playing around with Domoticz, with some success.

I wanted to play around with the floorplan, it doesn't let you upload a image via the web interface, and the location it looks at is www/images/floorplans. So I can only access it from inside the dockers, and it won't survive a update. So, could this path be mapped to inside the config folder?

Thanks,

Wob

30 minutes ago, Wob76 said:

Hi,

I am playing around with Domoticz, with some success.

I wanted to play around with the floorplan, it doesn't let you upload a image via the web interface, and the location it looks at is www/images/floorplans. So I can only access it from inside the dockers, and it won't survive a update. So, could this path be mapped to inside the config folder?

Thanks,

Wob

I never tried the floor plan, but I'll check it when I have some time. 

• Upvote 1

I run this docker with the latest tag, I have OpenZwave through an passthrough usb Aeon stick all working well with some fibaro dimmers etc. In the process of adding Xiaomi Smart Home devices for triggers etc. 

I'm currently running 3.8206. I can add the Xiaomi Gateway but I don't get any devices listed. Log states:

CODE: SELECT ALL

2017-08-08 21:11:28.994 XiaomiGateway: will listen on 9898 for hardware id 6
2017-08-08 21:11:28.994 XiaomiGateway: Delaying worker startup...
2017-08-08 21:11:33.995 XiaomiGateway: Worker started...

I've configured the Uservariable to log directly as per the domoticz xiaomi gateway wiki. I've mapped port 9898 through to the docker (or at least I think I have):

No errors shown but no devices found either.

Server is on the same subnet as the gateway, server is wired and can only be wired. I ran the iptables commands from the wiki on the unraid server but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I fired up domoticz on my windows desktop as a test bed, network situation is the same, the windows install picks up the devices right away.

I suspect it's to do with the port but am at a loss of how to troubleshoot and fix it. Apparently:

You need to ensure the system Domoticz is running on can receive UDP Multicast packets. On Linux, this can be done with

iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

iptables -I INPUT -p udp -j ACCEPT

Can you help?

Ok I'll wait for that feature to become stable before I try the dedicated IP, but I like the idea.

For now, running the docker "--net=host" rather than as a bridge has done the trick. Not sure what the downsides are of doing that but it works well and doesn't seem to have affected any other services/dockers...

I completely forgot you can run it in host. Sorry about that. I do it with tvheadend and multicast IPTV, so I should have remembered O.o

The problem with running it in host mode is that you can't set the ports yourself. You need to have the default ports free. Hopefully you don't have any other containers running in host mode that uses the same port. 

I don't so it's worked fine. I did have a look for a "config" file of some sort to tweak the ports al la sabnzbd etc but couldn't find one for domoticz.

Need to get my teeth into events, blocky and scripting now.

Great use of a box that's already on 24/7 using it for home automation. Props for the docker!

Hi,

I am wanting to use this with the certs from my linuxserver.io letsencrypt container.

I found the following details.

http://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Native_secure_access_with_Lets_Encrypt

Now I have followed the guide to cat the two .pem files from the letsencrypt container, the file /etc/ssl/certs/dhparam.pem doesn't exist (inside this container) so I just copied the DH Parameters from the existing server_cert.pem file.

This all worked, but it obviously will not auto renew, just wondering if anyone has a process for keeping the cert valid?

Thanks,

Wob

Edited by Wob76

OK, I am thinking of running the through a reverse proxy to avoid the certificate issue I mention above, but it doesn't seem to like URL rewrites, is it possible to parse commands to the startup command, adding -webroot domoticz should enable me to run it on something other than root.

Or is does anyone already have a working revproxy config with URL rewrite for nginx?

Thanks,

Wob

1 hour ago, Wob76 said:

OK, I am thinking of running the through a reverse proxy to avoid the certificate issue I mention above, but it doesn't seem to like URL rewrites, is it possible to parse commands to the startup command, adding -webroot domoticz should enable me to run it on something other than root.

Or is does anyone already have a working revproxy config with URL rewrite for nginx?

Thanks,

Wob

I'll see if I can add the option when I have time. Not going to be this week though. 

1 hour ago, saarg said:

I'll see if I can add the option when I have time. Not going to be this week though. 

Thanks saarg, I'm not sure it is going to work though, I edited /etc/services.d/domoticz/run file to include the -webroot and it worked, but the page gets messed up. I'll fire up a fresh docker and try it, to make sure it is not something else I have changed, I'll report back.

Hi saarg,

I updated the docker, and I am running the latest beta, it is working with webroot now, with the exception of one vital part, I can't use the "Apply Settings" button, browser logs show a 400 error. I have posted on the domoticz forum so hopefully and easy fix.

Regardless of the issue in domoticz it would be nice to include a way to pass a webroot option via the docker.

Still hoping for a redirect of the floorplan folder into /config, at the moment I have to jump in and copy my file from /config into the folder under www/images/floorplans.

No rush on either fix, and thanks for your work.

Wob

Going to add another request :)

At the moment the custom icon uploading doesn't work, there is permission issues with 2 folders

/tmp and /var/lib/domoticz/www/images

I did a chmod 777 to both and the upload starts to work.

But even with it working, the new icons will not survive a docker update and the www/images folder is inside the container. Maybe moving the whole image folder into /config, that would fix the custom icons and floorplans.

Thanks,

Wob

• 1 month later...