unMENU 1.5 ... now available for download.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a posting somewhere that describes the "packages" available with unMENU?

as of your request I did not have a list:

But... as of right now, here it is:

PACKAGE_NAME AirVideo

Video Streaming Air Video can stream videos in almost any format to your iPhone and iPod touch.

You don't need to copy your videos to the device just to watch them.

Live Conversion

If the videos in your collection are not in format supported by iPhone, Air Video will convert them on fly*.

* Live Conversion requires iPhone or iPod touch with firmware 3.0 and a sufficiently powerful computer (Intel Core 2 duo or equivalent processor is recommended).

Should this be in the latest?  I didn't see it in my Pkg Manager, so I ran an update and it said there is nothing to update.  Was going to install this manually a couple weeks back, but seeing it in the works for unMenu made me just wait until it was in the Pkg manager.

Is there a posting somewhere that describes the "packages" available with unMENU?

as of your request I did not have a list:

But... as of right now, here it is:

PACKAGE_NAME AirVideo

Video Streaming Air Video can stream videos in almost any format to your iPhone and iPod touch.

You don't need to copy your videos to the device just to watch them.

Live Conversion

If the videos in your collection are not in format supported by iPhone, Air Video will convert them on fly*.

* Live Conversion requires iPhone or iPod touch with firmware 3.0 and a sufficiently powerful computer (Intel Core 2 duo or equivalent processor is recommended).

Should this be in the latest?  I didn't see it in my Pkg Manager, so I ran an update and it said there is nothing to update.  Was going to install this manually a couple weeks back, but seeing it in the works for unMenu made me just wait until it was in the Pkg manager.

I did not add it to the package manager yet.

It is here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=6097.msg61448#msg61448

(If you can't wait for me to add it)

Just download, put in your unmenu folder, and it will then be available in the package manager.

It will probably be updated to a newer version once I do package it, since the checksums will not then match.

Joe L.

JoeL may not have gotten it added to the release list yet.  I created the package for this and asked him to review it before putting it in the release list.

If you want to test it out and let me know how it works for you check the AirVideo thread a couple posts down.  At the end you will see the .conf and a couple buttons attached to my post.  That is the prelim testing release so if you find any bugs, that are not mentioned in my post, please let me know.

NOTE: Airvideo is fairly taxing on ram (for the initial ffmpeg compile) and if you have less than 1GB i suggest setting up swap using the unmenu package first.  Also note that there are other things that need to be installed BEFORE you install Airvideo.  I have not added the checks for those yet but in a new .conf i will.  I need to check to see if the Java JRE is installed before proceeding and maybe a few other things like the C compiler.

Hi Joe, yes I did do that.  I selected the C complier on the package list, installed that...following the instructions, then I was able to install the smtp package and configure that. In fact, the smpt package would not install, had a error saying compiler not installed....but after I installed the compiler, smpt installed just fine.  Is there a conf file I can paste here that would help?  

The results of the configuration end up in

/usr/local/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf

once installed.

So take a look at it.   Don't post it without editing it to remove your real e-mail and password.

Ok, let's try something on the command line

You will need to end the following set of typed commands with a "Control-D"  You will see the debugging output as ssmtp communicates with gmail.   We will do this without the "mail" front end, so type as instructed in blue below.

ssmtp -d [email protected]                                       <- this sets debug mode for ssmtp

Subject: this is a test                                                   <- after this line press enter twice.

this is a test of e-mail connectivity                                   <- this is the body of the email message

Control-D                                                                     <-this is a single "Control-D" character. It signifies the end of the message.

My session with ssmtp looked like this:

ssmtp -d [email protected]

Subject: testing once more                                 <- I pressed enter TWICE after this line

[<-] 220 mx.google.com ESMTP y34567ana.4

[->] EHLO localhost

[<-] 250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES

[->] STARTTLS

[<-] 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS

[->] EHLO localhost

[->] AUTH LOGIN ameryWdS8=

[<-] 334 URtHySwTT6

[->] Egt4RfYthWddENA==

[<-] 235 2.7.0 Accepted

[->] MAIL FROM:<root@localhost>

[<-] 250 2.1.0 OK ameryWdS8na.4

[->] RCPT TO:<[email protected]>

[<-] 250 2.1.5 OK ameryWdS8na.4

[->] DATA

[<-] 354  Go ahead ameryWdS8na.4

[->] Received: by localhost (sSMTP sendmail emulation); Mon, 10 May 2010 15:16:01 -0400

[->] From: root@localhost

[->] Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 15:16:01 -0400

[->] Subject: testing once more

[->]

this is a test

[->] this is a test            <- after this line I pressed "Control-D"

[->] .

[<-] 250 2.0.0 OK 1273519007 ameryWdS8na.4

[->] QUIT

[<-] 221 2.0.0 closing connection ameryWdS8na.4

You can see the interactive nature of the ssmtp program with gmail.

If the password or login is wrong, we should see it get rejected.

One question, just came to me.  Do you have any spaces or quote marks, or <> symbols in your email or password?

Hi Joe, yes I did do that.  I selected the C complier on the package list, installed that...following the instructions, then I was able to install the smtp package and configure that. In fact, the smpt package would not install, had a error saying compiler not installed....but after I installed the compiler, smpt installed just fine.  Is there a conf file I can paste here that would help?  

The results of the configuration end up in

/usr/local/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf

once installed.

So take a look at it.   Don't post it without editing it to remove your real e-mail and password.

Ok, let's try something on the command line

You will need to end the following set of typed commands with a "Control-D"  You will see the debugging output as ssmtp communicates with gmail.   We will do this without the "mail" front end, so type as instructed in blue below.

ssmtp -d9 [email protected]                                       <- this sets debug mode for ssmtp

Subject: this is a test                                                    <- after this line press enter twice.

this is a test of e-mail connectivity                                   <- this is the body of the email message

Control-D                                                                     <-this is a single "Control-D" character. It signifies the end of the message.

My session with ssmtp looked like this:

ssmtp -d99 [email protected]

Subject: testing once more                                 <- I pressed enter TWICE after this line

[<-] 220 mx.google.com ESMTP y34567ana.4

[->] EHLO localhost

[->] STARTTLS

[<-] 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS

[->] EHLO localhost

[->] AUTH LOGIN ameryWdS8=

[<-] 334 URtHySwTT6

[->] Egt4RfYthWddENA==

[<-] 235 2.7.0 Accepted

[->] MAIL FROM:<root@localhost>

[<-] 250 2.1.0 OK ameryWdS8na.4

[->] RCPT TO:<[email protected]>

[<-] 250 2.1.5 OK ameryWdS8na.4

[->] DATA

[<-] 354  Go ahead ameryWdS8na.4

[->] Received: by localhost (sSMTP sendmail emulation); Mon, 10 May 2010 15:16:01 -0400

[->] From: root@localhost

[->] Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 15:16:01 -0400

[->] Subject: testing once more

[->]

this is a test

[->] this is a test            <- after this line I pressed "Control-D"

[->] .

[<-] 250 2.0.0 OK 1273519007 ameryWdS8na.4

[->] QUIT

[<-] 221 2.0.0 closing connection ameryWdS8na.4

You can see the interactive nature of the ssmtp program with gmail.

If the password or login is wrong, we should see it get rejected.

One question, just came to me.  Do you have any spaces or quote marks, or <> symbols in your email or password?

No, email and password do not have any of those.

I'm using Putty and had trouble with the Control D.  Pressing CTRL D on my keyboard did nothing.  I then tried typing {%CTRL%}D

I had to just kill my session

Here is what I saw in the syslog,

May 10 12:48:20 Tower sSMTP[12148]: Set Root="[email protected]"

May 10 12:48:20 Tower sSMTP[12148]: Set MailHub="smtp.gmail.com"

May 10 12:48:20 Tower sSMTP[12148]: Set RemotePort="465"

May 10 12:48:20 Tower sSMTP[12148]: Set HostName="[email protected]"

May 10 12:48:20 Tower sSMTP[12148]: Set UseSTARTTLS="True"

May 10 12:48:20 Tower sSMTP[12148]: Set AuthUser="gmail accountname"

May 10 12:48:20 Tower sSMTP[12148]: Set AuthPass="mypassword"

May 10 12:48:20 Tower sSMTP[12148]: Set FromLineOverride="True"

May 10 12:48:29 Tower sSMTP[12148]: Creating SSL connection to host

May 10 12:49:53 Tower sSMTP[11672]: Connection lost in middle of processing

because I wasn't able to complete the instruction with the control D, I'm not sure what this means, but the entry in the syslog isn't good.

We are reaching the limits of my abilities, but I'll keep trying.  Thanks for all of your help.

What next?

I'm using putty as well... control-D works just fine.

Looks like you disconnected your session.

What did you see on the screen?  All the output I showed came to my screen in my telnet session.

Joe L.

First, is it ssmpt -d9 or ssmpt -d99 [email protected] ?  You said for to use d9 ,but in your output I see d99?

control D dosen't do anything, and I don't get that.  I'm running Windows7 and Putty .60.

After I type "this is a test of email connec...." I hit enter and then tried to do a control D.  Nothing on my screen at all.  Just what I typed.  I don't get any output response, but I am most likely doing something wrong.

What did you see on the screen?  All the output I showed came to my screen in my telnet session.

Joe L.

First, is it ssmpt -d9 or ssmpt -d99 [email protected] ?  You said for to use d9 ,but in your output I see d99?

Either should work, use -d9.  BUT MAKE SURE YOU USE ssmtp, not ssmpt.  (last two characters transposed)

control D dosen't do anything, and I don't get that.  I'm running Windows7 and Putty .60.

Did you press enter TWICE after typing the line:

Subject: this is the subject

Make sure there is a space after the colon character ":" but before the subject text.

the final control-D is only needed to close the connection.  The connections is established when you press enter a second time after typing the subject line.  You've not shown any attempt to connect.  All the text I showed came to my screen, not the syslog.  I'm using the same version of putty.  If you'd like, use the system console to type the commands...

After I type "this is a test of email connec...." I hit enter and then tried to do a control D.  Nothing on my screen at all.  Just what I typed.  I don't get any output response, but I am most likely doing something wrong.

To be sure you are running the same program try:

root@Tower:/# which ssmtp

/usr/sbin/ssmtp

root@Tower:/# ssmtp -?

ssmtp: No recipients supplied - mail will not be sent

root@Tower:/# ssmtp -V

sSMTP 2.60.4 (Not sendmail at all)

Joe L.

Either should work, use -d9.  BUT MAKE SURE YOU USE ssmtp, not ssmpt.  (last two characters transposed)

Make sure there is a space after the colon character ":" but before the subject text.

the final control-D is only needed to close the connection.  The connections is established when you press enter a second time after typing the subject line.   You've not shown any attempt to connect.  All the text I showed came to my screen, not the syslog.  I'm using the same version of putty.  If you'd like, use the system console to type the commands...

/usr/sbin/ssmtp

for this part,

/usr/sbin/ssmtp

I got he same as you, so that part is good.

However, after typing,

ssmtp -d9 [email protected]

Subject: this is a test

hit enter twice, I see nothing on my screen, no output??

I have to put a monitor on my unraid server to do this directly, never thought I'd need a acutal monitor.  I'm not sure that will help.  I'm worried as to why I would not get any screen output from the first few steps.

Joe L.

Either should work, use -d9.  BUT MAKE SURE YOU USE ssmtp, not ssmpt.  (last two characters transposed)

the final control-D is only needed to close the connection.  The connections is established when you press enter a second time after typing the subject line.   You've not shown any attempt to connect.  All the text I showed came to my screen, not the syslog.  I'm using the same version of putty.  If you'd like, use the system console to type the commands...

After I type "this is a test of email connec...." I hit enter and then tried to do a control D.  Nothing on my screen at all.  Just what I typed.  I don't get any output response, but I am most likely doing something wrong.

/usr/sbin/ssmtp

for this part,

/usr/sbin/ssmtp

I got he same as you, so that part is good.

However, after typing,

ssmtp -d9 [email protected]

Subject: this is a test

hit enter twice, I see nothing on my screen, no output??

I have to put a monitor on my unraid server to do this directly, never thought I'd need a acutal monitor.  I'm not sure that will help.  I'm worried as to why I would not get any screen output from the first few steps.

No, you should not need a monitor on the system console...

Try this, since it sure seems like ssmtp is on your machine.

echo -e "Subject: another test\n\nThis is the email body." | ssmtp -d root

This time you don't need to type anything but the one line.  (Note, the -d option does not need a number at all I've learned)

Edited: to simplify what it to be typed.

One more thing to try:

net lookup smtp.gmail.com

Joe L.

Ok, I typed this line

and get no output in Putty.  I checked the syslog and it stops at "Creating SSL connection to host"

I have to kill my Putty session because it just hangs there.  I can't seem break out.  Control C crashed my pc if done within Putty.  

For this line,

I get 74.125.53.109

seems to work ok.

So why no output and what can we try next?  Could be that my ISP is blocking something.  I have Comcast...

Again, I had this working with bubbaaraid and that requried a mail and notify package too.  Could it me that I have packagees or files from that setup that are conflicting with this new package, unmenu,etc?

I also see this in my syslog and don't know what it is or what is causing it, may not be related to this issue,

May 12 07:09:16 Tower unmenu[1543]: ls: cannot access /boot/custom/etc/rc.d/*: No such file or directory

Thanks again!

One more thing to try:

Joe L.

Ok, I typed this line

and get no output in Putty.  I checked the syslog and it stops at "Creating SSL connection to host"

I have to kill my Putty session because it just hangs there.  I can't seem break out.  Control C crashed my pc if done within Putty.  

For this line,

I get 74.125.53.109

seems to work ok.

So why no output and what can we try next?  Could be that my ISP is blocking something.  I have Comcast...

Again, I had this working with bubbaaraid and that requried a mail and notify package too.  Could it me that I have packagees or files from that setup that are conflicting with this new package, unmenu,etc?

I also see this in my syslog and don't know what it is or what is causing it, may not be related to this issue,

May 12 07:09:16 Tower unmenu[1543]: ls: cannot access /boot/custom/etc/rc.d/*: No such file or directory

Thanks again!

Do you have a firewall in place?  Perhaps that is what is blocking the connection. 

When you had this set up in the past, did you use gmail? or your local comcast e-mail.  I don't remember if bubbaRaid could handle SSL connections. (I don't think it did)

If you are willing, there is one more way to see exactly what is being accessed, and that is using a debugging utility to trace the files opened and actions taken by ssmtp when it attempts to make a connection.  Obviously, it is blocking when attempting to establish a connection.

If interested, send a PM.

Joe L.

Hey Joe,

If you get a chance to add the below package to the list that would be great.  Note that the package downloaded here is of the .txz variety and it will only install on unRAID 4.5 or above.

I modified the version you attached here a tiny bit to check for the existence of the xz decompressor and to return a better version string. 

It is now part of the available packages in unMENU's package manager.  If you check for updates it should be there.

Thanks once more.

Joe L.

One more thing to try:

Joe L.

Ok, I typed this line

For this line,

I get 74.125.53.109

seems to work ok.

Thanks again!

Do you have a firewall in place?  Perhaps that is what is blocking the connection. 

When you had this set up in the past, did you use gmail? or your local comcast e-mail.  I don't remember if bubbaRaid could handle SSL connections. (I don't think it did)

If you are willing, there is one more way to see exactly what is being accessed, and that is using a debugging utility to trace the files opened and actions taken by ssmtp when it attempts to make a connection.  Obviously, it is blocking when attempting to establish a connection.

If interested, send a PM.

Joe L.

I used gmail, same account password and same firewall as I've had for af ew years now.  The only thing that changed was running disable bubbaraid and the 4.5.3 TEST upgrade, only the two files, and the unmenu install.

Bubaraid did use ssl and it worked fine.  I have a backup of my flash before upgrading and disabling BR.

I really want this to work, so yes, Ill PM.

Steve

Has Midnight Commander been removed from unMenu? The wiki still lists it as included:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=UnRAID_Add_Ons#mc_.28Midnight_Commander_file_manager_-_version_2010-02-06_.29

Thanks!

Justin

I added that wiki entry this morning when I added the newer version of Midnight Commander as a package.

http://code.google.com/p/unraid-unmenu/source/diff?spec=svn92&r=92&format=side&path=/trunk/release_list

It is in the release list on google.code , so it should show up if you check for updates (and then download the updated files) using the buttons on the User-Scripts page.

Joe L.

Attached below is an unmenu package for xz.  This should allow .txz packages to be installed on unRAID 4.4.2 or earlier without a problem.

EDIT: In m haste last night I forgot to include a package in the install that would allow "installpkg" to actually install .txz files.  I should have the new .conf up in about an hour.

I added that wiki entry this morning when I added the newer version of Midnight Commander as a package.

http://code.google.com/p/unraid-unmenu/source/diff?spec=svn92&r=92&format=side&path=/trunk/release_list

It is in the release list on google.code , so it should show up if you check for updates (and then download the updated files) using the buttons on the User-Scripts page.

Joe L.

Great Joe! I'll have a look when I get home :)

Joe,

I have a copy of libx86 tgz file.  I wish to be able to install it into my system using unmenu's package manager.  I assume I need some sort of a conf file. Is there one available?

If there isn't I assume I just have to install it with installpkg from my go file.

Advice appreciated.