unMENU 1.5 ... now available for download.

Joe L.

Thanks, Joe.  For the record, I am VERY impressed with unMenu, and astounded at myself that I have been using unRAID for 1.5 years without it.

Not too bad for an "awk" script pretending to be a web-server...  ;)

Just think of the possibilities once we get going with an official web-server and "php" in the 5.0 series. ;D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Joe.  For the record, I am VERY impressed with unMenu, and astounded at myself that I have been using unRAID for 1.5 years without it.

Not too bad for an "awk" script pretending to be a web-server...  ;)

Just think of the possibilities once we get going with an official web-server and "php" in the 5.0 series. ;D

I'm definitely excited.

I'm still amazed at the pure abuse of AWK you've pulled off.  :o

Me too.  I was happy when the unMENU server was able to handle a "GET" request from a browser, then bjp999 figured out how to extend it a bit more to handle a "POST" request.  That then opened up the possibility of input fields and forms.

There are a lot of creative people out there.  I just always loved "awk" as a utility.  When they added the ability to read and write to ports it became very interesting, but hardly anybody used the networking features, and other than the "example" in the users-guide, almost no examples of its networking capability anywhere on the web.

Those same capabilities were used to write its own version of "wget" since that was not in unRAID when I first wrote the Package Manager plugin.  unRAID has matured a lot since then...

No am using a PC. I have changed the port to 90 (am using 8080 for another application). But these ar ethe only changes I have made to the unmenu.conf file.

MyPort = 90

# Unmenu will discover for itself your host name, but if you wish to set it yourself, or

# your host name is not set, then set the value of MyHost here.

MyHost = 192.168.0.251

unRaidHost = 192.168.0.251

I screwed something up.  I've been using unmenu and used it's package manager to install and configure mysql.  It was working great except for not allowing me to shut down the array because unraid couldn't unmount the drive mysql was using.  I knew about this for some time and finally decided to fix it.  After researching how to do it, I added;

sed -i  "/rc.nfsd  stop/a killall mysqld" /etc/rc.d/rc.unRAID

to my go script after the line the installs the powerdown script.  After rebooting I couldn't get back into unmenu for some reason.  Now I've been playing around and thinking I screwed something up.  Ultimately I deleted the contents on the unmenu folder and reinstalled it.  Now I can get into unemnu, but now there are two identical entries for mysql under package manger.  I installed and configured one and then both and they say they will be reinstalled on reboot, but they don't.  Can anyone help?

No am using a PC. I have changed the port to 90 (am using 8080 for another application). But these ar ethe only changes I have made to the unmenu.conf file.

MyPort = 90

# Unmenu will discover for itself your host name, but if you wish to set it yourself, or

# your host name is not set, then set the value of MyHost here.

MyHost = 192.168.0.251

unRaidHost = 192.168.0.251

I had this problem and fixed it by changing the server name to the IP address in the settings tab of the original unRAID management web-page.

OK, I redid everything and I now have all my packages installed and configured through unmenu.  Now, when I add the sed line it doesn't kill mysql.  Any ideas?

Here is my go file

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
sleep 30
for i in /dev/md*
do
   blockdev --setra 2048 $i
done
echo nameserver 192.168.1.1 >/etc/resolv.conf
echo 192.168.1.20 tower1 >> /etc/hosts
/boot/unmenu/uu
installpkg /boot/packages/cxxlibs-6.0.8-i486-4.tgz
cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs
sed -i  "/rc.nfsd  stop/a killall mysqld" /etc/rc.d/rc.unRAID

OK, I redid everything and I now have all my packages installed and configured through unmenu.  Now, when I add the sed line it doesn't kill mysql.  Any ideas?

Here is my go file

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
sleep 30
for i in /dev/md*
do
   blockdev --setra 2048 $i
done
/boot/unmenu/uu
cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs

You are assuming rc.unRAID is being invoked when you shut down.  I do not know that to be a valid assumption.

How are you shutting the server down?  It may never be getting to the rc.unRAID script.

Joe L.

I have AirVideo installed and install on boot.

But I have to Stop it before I can safely Stop the array and shutdown the system.

I have a UPS that shuts down the unraid server if power outage.

How to force AirVideo to stop when detect outage?

If you are using the powerdown package, it will kill all processes currently active on the disks. 

If you are not using powerdown, you need to install it.  The install of apcupsd through unMENU will invoke "/sbin/powerdown" and it will terminate Airvideo.  (It kills any processes active on the disks)

When we get unRAID 5.0 logic in place, and it further along in its beta releases, this will be easier.

Joe L.

Here is my go file

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
sleep 30
for i in /dev/md*
do
   blockdev --setra 2048 $i
done
/boot/unmenu/uu

You are assuming rc.unRAID is being invoked when you shut down.   I do not know that to be a valid assumption.

How are you shutting the server down?  It may never be getting to the rc.unRAID script.

Joe L.

Right now I am shutting down the server via the we GUI.  I installed the clean powerdown package from within unmenu and also use it with apcupsd.  Ultimately I need mysql killed from any possible shutdown method.  I was under the impression that the powerdown script invoked the same commands as the 'stop array' and "shutdown' buttons in the GUI.

I installed the clean powerdown package from within unmenu and also use it with apcupsd.

good
Ultimately I need mysql killed from any possible shutdown method.
True
 I was under the impression that the powerdown script invoked the same commands as the 'stop array' and "shutdown' buttons in the GUI.

You were under the wrong impression.  the unRAID web-interface will not terminate a running process.  It will sit there waiting (forever) until it can un-mount the drive.

You can use the "Stop Array" button in unMENU's management screen and it will terminate the processes holding disks active.  It uses similar logic as the powerdown script to terminate processes, but does not actually power down the server.  Then you can use the "Power Down" button on the normal web-management console.

As an alternative, you can put these five lines in a file named

45-unmenu_user_script_stop_mysql

located in your unmenu directory.

#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Stop MySQL

#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR This will stop MySQLso your array can be stopped cleanly

#define USER_SCRIPT_TEST test -x /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_mysqld && echo "Stop MySQL"

echo "<pre>"

killall mysqld

They will give you a button on the User-Scripts page to stop MySQL manually.

Use an editor that does not put carriage returns at the ends of the lines.  Or process the file with "fromdos" as described in the wiki to delete them.

edit: fixed typo.

Joe L.

I just tried stopping the array via unmenu and it's still shows disk7 as being mounted. 

Oct 3 16:23:31 Tower1 kernel: 
Oct 3 16:23:48 Tower1 unmenu[1519]: umount: /mnt/user: not mounted
Oct 3 16:23:50 Tower1 unmenu[1519]: umount: /mnt/disk7: device is busy
Oct 3 16:23:50 Tower1 unmenu[1519]: rmdir: /mnt/disk7: Device or resource busy
Oct 3 16:23:50 Tower1 kernel: mdcmd (6761): stop 
Oct 3 16:23:50 Tower1 kernel: md: 2 devices still in use.

I just tried stopping the array via unmenu and it's still shows disk7 as being mounted. 

Oct 3 16:23:31 Tower1 kernel: 
Oct 3 16:23:48 Tower1 unmenu[1519]: umount: /mnt/user: not mounted
Oct 3 16:23:50 Tower1 unmenu[1519]: rmdir: /mnt/disk7: Device or resource busy
Oct 3 16:23:50 Tower1 kernel: mdcmd (6761): stop 
Oct 3 16:23:50 Tower1 kernel: md: 2 devices still in use.

What do you have running on disk7?

Can you type the following command and post the output?

fuser -cu /dev/md7

Hey Joe, one more unmenu question (I hope).  I use a static IP on my server, since I've found that using 'tower' in my browser is dodgy at best (it will work about half the time).  I followed your instructions here for setting unMenu to use the static IP instead of 'tower'.  My IP address is 192.168.0.100, so I just deleted the trailing '1' and added the two zeros.  I added it at the very end of the unmenu.conf file, like this:

# set unMenu to use static IP instead of 'Tower'
MyHost=192.168.0.100
unRAIDHost = 192.168.0.100

I rebooted unMenu, but it didn't work.  I then rebooted the server, and it still didn't work.  Is there something else I need to do?

Also, any reason there isn't a cache_dirs package already?  I installed it manually with no trouble, but still, it seems like a prime candidate for a package.

Hey Joe, one more unmenu question (I hope).  I use a static IP on my server, since I've found that using 'tower' in my browser is dodgy at best (it will work about half the time).  I followed your instructions here for setting unMenu to use the static IP instead of 'tower'.  My IP address is 192.168.0.100, so I just deleted the trailing '1' and added the two zeros.  I added it at the very end of the unmenu.conf file, like this:

# set unMenu to use static IP instead of 'Tower'
MyHost=192.168.0.100
unRAIDHost = 192.168.0.100

I rebooted unMenu, but it didn't work.  I then rebooted the server, and it still didn't work.  Is there something else I need to do?

How are you attempting to access it?

Are you typing

192.168.0.100:8080

in your browser?

Those two lines are only helpful for the subsequent link pages in unMENU, not for the main page.  Can you get to the main page?

Joe L.

Also, any reason there isn't a cache_dirs package already?  I installed it manually with no trouble, but still, it seems like a prime candidate for a package.

Yes, my unMenu bookmark is set to 'http://192.168.0.100:8080/' and it works every time, so I can access the main page with no problems.  The subsequent pages still default to 'http://tower:8080/whatever' and they work about half the time.  If I manually type in 'http://192.168.0.100:8080/whatever' it works every time.

try clearing your browser history and cache.  That might help to clean stuff out.

Yes, my unMenu bookmark is set to 'http://192.168.0.100:8080/' and it works every time, so I can access the main page with no problems.  The subsequent pages still default to 'http://tower:8080/whatever' and they work about half the time.  If I manually type in 'http://192.168.0.100:8080/whatever''>http://192.168.0.100:8080/whatever' it works every time.

try clearing your browser history and cache.  That might help to clean stuff out.

Did you use an editor that does not add carriage returns to the ends of lines when you edited the unmenu.conf file?

If you did, and then re-started unMENU, it would also show http://192.168.0.100:8080/whatever

Joe L.

I am unable to install md5 - Deep Checksums package. I get this error

(MD5 of existing downloaded file NOT matched - download may be corrupted or download URL no longer valid.)

There is a bad link at

linuxpackages.inode.at/Slackware/Slackware-13.0/frias/misc/md5deep-3.4-i486-1mfb.tgz.

I get a 404 error not found when clicking on the link.

My UnMenu is up to date. "No updates needed. All files are up to date."

I am unable to install md5 - Deep Checksums package. I get this error

(MD5 of existing downloaded file NOT matched - download may be corrupted or download URL no longer valid.)

There is a bad link at

linuxpackages.inode.at/Slackware/Slackware-13.0/frias/misc/md5deep-3.4-i486-1mfb.tgz.

I get a 404 error not found when clicking on the link.

My UnMenu is up to date. "No updates needed. All files are up to date."

I have no updated link.  You can try searching the web for a alternate repository that holds the

md5deep-3.4-i486-1mfb.tgz

package.  If you find it and download it and put it in the /boot/packages directory, the package manager will be able to use it.  Otherwise, can't do much to help. 

I tried a quick search using Google, and all the mirror sites have it missing too. (duh... they are mirror sites)

Links on the web come and go.  Those on official sites tend to be more stable.  That one seemed to be in a "frias" sub-directory. Sorry.

Let me know if you find a working link to it.

Joe L.

Archived