unMENU 1.5 ... now available for download.

Joe L.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANNOUNCEMENT[/b]

If you are using unMenu and would like to mess around with a couple new packages please run an update!!

Thanks to JoeL for testing and adding some new functionality to unMenu to make the Transmission package even better (for the ones that want to know you can now reference package variables in the PACKAGE_DESCR line.  This allows us, and the transmission package, to provide a link to the web interface of Transmission after it is installed!!)!!

With the help of JoeL I have created a couple new packages and a new user script.

The first package is the Transmission BitTorrent client.  It uses bubbaQ's package as the base install (thanks bubbaQ) but allows you to customize the settings file. With bubbaQ's package the settings are overwritten on each install but with my package your settings will stay persistent after a reboot.

The second package is an updated hdparm.  The version that is currently included  with 4.5.6 -5.0b2 has an issue were certain commands will not work.  See this thread for more explination.

The final inclusion is a user script that will allow the start of the Crashplan engine after you have stopped it for whatever reason.  I tend to stop Crashplan when I am doing any "heavy" moving, calculation, etc, on the server so there is the maximum amount of resources and RAM available.

That's it for now folks, feel free to update via unMenu and test it out.

You are right. I misread bjp's post about when his update to mymain was coming out.

but since i did the update, one of my drives, a seagate 2TB with the CC35 firmware no longer shows up in mymain. It is my flashdrive that is shown in its place.

on a side note, I no longer get the hdio errors since I installed the new hdparm.  

EDIT: Just seen your thread on the transmission package and I've put this in the wrong place...

Thanks for adding the transmission package.  

The settings page in unMENU does not include a parameter for a watch folder.

I installed the autotrans Firefox extension so I can add torrents from my browser but to use it with something like sickbeard you seem to need a watch folder.  

If I add the watch folder parameter to your auto install script will it be persistant prostuff1?

My links in unmenu are still links as <machinename>:8080.  I did the following:

Add two lines in the unmenu.conf file

MyHost=192.168.0.11

unRAIDHost = 192.168.0.11

But it doesn't seem to have worked?  unmenu was not running when I made these changes.  Any idea?

Thanks,

Neil

MyHost=192.168.0.11

But it doesn't seem to have worked?  unmenu was not running when I made these changes.  Any idea?

Thanks,

Neil

Did you use an editor that did  not add carriage returns to the ends of the lines?

Joe L. et al, I'm having a strange issue. I've been using Unmenu for quite a while but hadn't been using the packages until now. The problem I'm having is, I can install applications and I ensure I have the "Re-install on Re-boot" option chosen, but when I reboot *ALL* packages are not installed :(

I've updated to the latest version. Not sure what's going on. I've read about 15 pages of this thread to no avail. Not sure if this is a common issue.

Any ideas?

Joe L. et al, I'm having a strange issue. I've been using Unmenu for quite a while but hadn't been using the packages until now. The problem I'm having is, I can install applications and I ensure I have the "Re-install on Re-boot" option chosen, but when I reboot *ALL* packages are not installed :(

I've updated to the latest version. Not sure what's going on. I've read about 15 pages of this thread to no avail. Not sure if this is a common issue.

Any ideas?

Are ANY of the packages re-installed on reboot?  If none are, then...

There is one line added to the config/go script that performs the re-install on re-boot.  That line in the "go" script might have been added incorrectly, or removed...

It should be at the end of the config/go file and it will look like this:

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

If you want to see what it will invoke,(without invoking them) you can type:

find /boot/packages -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort

Thanks for the reply Joe!

Nothing is reinstalling. I have that exact line in my go script. This is my entire go script:

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

/boot/unmenu/uu

installpkg /boot/packages/transmission+unraid-0.0.2-i386-bubba.tgz

cp -f /boot/packages/settings.json.default /boot/custom/transmission/transmission.conf

cp -f /boot/packages/settings.json /boot/custom/transmission/transmission.conf

/boot/custom/transmission/transctl start

#| at now + 1 minutecd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

#until test -d /mnt/disk1; do sleep 10; done

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

Nothing is re-installing

Remove this line:

#| at now + 1 minutecd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

and this line:

Even though you think they are commented out, I suspect they are the issue.

MyHost=192.168.0.11

Thanks,

Neil

Did you use an editor that did  not add carriage returns to the ends of the lines?

I believe so.  I even opened it up in the online editor with unmenu and saved it?

MyHost=192.168.0.11

Thanks,

Neil

I believe so.  I even opened it up in the online editor with unmenu and saved it?

Then you probably just need to re-start unmenu for it to use the new config values.  unMENU was probably running... (even if you did not have it on your web-browser)

Joe L.

Nothing is re-installing

Remove this line:

and this line:

Even though you think they are commented out, I suspect they are the issue.

Woohoo! that worked. Thanks Joe! :D

MyHost=192.168.0.11

Thanks,

Neil

Then you probably just need to re-start unmenu for it to use the new config values.  unMENU was probably running... (even if you did not have it on your web-browser)

Joe L.

rebooted and just had to manually start it since I didn't add it to my "go file" I am learning!

Any update?  I rebooted and it still says storage.

I updated and uncommented the port number 90 just to make sure it was using the correct file and it is.  The problem is it isn't use the proper variable for the url! just "storage"

I tested with a space after the = and without didn't make a difference.

I tried a word like "test" without the quotes for the MyHost and unRAIDHost but that didn't take either. 

Something is awry.

Any update?  I rebooted and it still says storage.

I updated and uncommented the port number 90 just to make sure it was using the correct file and it is.  The problem is it isn't use the proper variable for the url! just "storage"

I tested with a space after the = and without didn't make a difference.

I tried a word like "test" without the quotes for the MyHost and unRAIDHost but that didn't take either. 

Something is awry.

You need to put a space both before and after the "="

MyHost = 192.168.xxx.xxx

no quotes are needed.

Hi Joe L.

I installed Vim and got this message.

"Nov 23 20:39:02 Dragon-Tower unmenu[1461]: /usr/bin/vim: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/bin/vim)"

And this

Installed, but version is different. Current version='' expected '7.2'

Did I do something Wrong?

Also is there and option to auto install on reboot?

Thank you.

Thornwood

I was inspecting my syslog today and I noticed the following entries that appear to be related to unmenu:

Nov 27 08:27:35 UNRAID unmenu[1479]: bad method -80-^M
Nov 27 08:29:55 UNRAID unmenu[1479]: gawk: ./800-unmenu-goscriptv0.6.1.awk:55: warning: escape sequence `\.' treated as plain `.'
Nov 27 08:29:55 UNRAID unmenu[1479]: gawk: ./800-unmenu-goscriptv0.6.1.awk:539: warning: escape sequence `\/' treated as plain `/'

Are these anything that I need to worry about?  If so, are they fixable?

Hi Joe L.

I installed Vim and got this message.

"Nov 23 20:39:02 Dragon-Tower unmenu[1461]: /usr/bin/vim: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/bin/vim)"

And this

Installed, but version is different. Current version='' expected '7.2'

Did I do something Wrong?

Also is there and option to auto install on reboot?

Thank you.

Thornwood

Since it does not see the installed version in place now, it does not present the button to re-install.

It looks as if the version of the support library "libc.so.6" on your server is not the version needed by "vim"

what version of unRAID are you running?

I was inspecting my syslog today and I noticed the following entries that appear to be related to unmenu:

Nov 27 08:27:35 UNRAID unmenu[1479]: bad method -80-^M
Nov 27 08:29:55 UNRAID unmenu[1479]: gawk: ./800-unmenu-goscriptv0.6.1.awk:55: warning: escape sequence `\.' treated as plain `.'
Nov 27 08:29:55 UNRAID unmenu[1479]: gawk: ./800-unmenu-goscriptv0.6.1.awk:539: warning: escape sequence `\/' treated as plain `/'

Are these anything that I need to worry about?  If so, are they fixable?

The first line indicates a file on your server used by unMENU that has an embedded ms-dos style carriage at the end of the line where it should not be there.  Perhaps you edited a config file and accidentally added a carriage return at the end of a line?

The next two lines are from "/800-unmenu-goscriptv0.6.1.awk" and are warnings that some of the backslashes used by the author of that plugin were ignored as they were un-needed.  You can ignore them.

The functionality of the "goscript" editor is completely contained in the Config View/Edit plugin of unmenu, therefore that particular plugin is not even part of the distribution I maintain.  (You can still use it, but I do not maintain it in any way and have never used it myself)

Joe L.

Archived