[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

3 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

For anyone who wants it or needs it I've uploaded 1.5.1-RC1. Change to jasonbean/guacamole:1.5.1-RC1 or jasonbean/guacamole:1.5.1-RC1-nomariadb if you'd like to try it out. Once 1.5.1 becomes final I will promote that one to "latest".

@Taddeusz Thankyou!! Just updated to jasonbean/guacamole:1.5.1-RC1...

3 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

FYI, 1.5.1-RC1 includes changes to fix the VNC with password problem and RDP printing among a few other problems.

...and the the RDP printing is working flawlessly again :) 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jazz said:

Before. I never reach the login page. It doesn't seem to create different log files depending on which version i'm on, and I've been jumping back and forth between them. But now I use jasonbean/guacamole:latest-nomariadb repository and tried to access, so maybe the log is updated now? :S There is also a catalina.2023-04-11.log file. I can send you that as well

I'm not sure what's going on. There's just nothing in that log. I see the same OpenSSL error in my own log but I'm not having any issues. I am also using the one without MariaDB using an external MariaDB Docker container. Are you using any other authentication method like OpenID or SAML?

2 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

I'm not sure what's going on. There's just nothing in that log. I see the same OpenSSL error in my own log but I'm not having any issues. I am also using the one without MariaDB using an external MariaDB Docker container. Are you using any other authentication method like OpenID or SAML?

No, just regular login. Since jasonbean/guacamole:1.4.0-3 is working for me, you would think the problem was related to the high lighted issue, but I have no clue what could cause it... 😕

1 minute ago, Hugh Jazz said:

No, just regular login. Since jasonbean/guacamole:1.4.0-3 is working for me, you would think the problem was related to the high lighted issue, but I have no clue what could cause it... 😕

On what version did you start using Guacamole? Since you're using an external MySQL or MariaDB instance it's up to you to upgrade the database schema. It's been a while since they've changed the schema (~5 years) but if you started using it prior to 1.0.0 and haven't upgraded the schema it's possible that's causing a problem.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jazz said:

What files are in your guacamole/lib folder? I'm thinking the lib files aren't being updated properly but I need more confirmation.

@Hugh Jazz I'm looking at your catalina.out files a little bit further and I noticed it says it's having trouble connecting to the mysql server with SSL but SSL is not enabled on the server. This is apparently a problem that has been fixed with 1.5.1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1738?jql=project %3D GUACAMOLE AND text ~ "mysql ssl"

You might give 1.5.1-RC1 another try.

Sorry for the late reply. Been a busy day!

21 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

On what version did you start using Guacamole? Since you're using an external MySQL or MariaDB instance it's up to you to upgrade the database schema. It's been a while since they've changed the schema (~5 years) but if you started using it prior to 1.0.0 and haven't upgraded the schema it's possible that's causing a problem.

I'm not sure which version, but the oldest logs seems to be from october 2021, which sounds abour right.

What files are in your guacamole/lib folder? I'm thinking the lib files aren't being updated properly but I need more confirmation.

I have these 3 files:

mariadb-java-client-2.3.0.jar

mysql-connector-java-5.1.46-bin.jar

mysql-connector-java-5.1.46.jar

20 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

I'm looking at your catalina.out files a little bit further and I noticed it says it's having trouble connecting to the mysql server with SSL but SSL is not enabled on the server. This is apparently a problem that has been fixed with 1.5.1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1738?jql=project %3D GUACAMOLE AND text ~ "mysql ssl"

I will try it once more and let you know how it goes :)

Are you using MariaDB or MySQL as your database instance?

I'm using MariaDB, specifically the one from Linuxserver repository.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jazz said:

@Taddeusz Tried 1.5.1 again, but same problem. Now those two mysql-connector-files was replaced by mysql-connector-j-8.0.32.jar

They updated the version of the MySQL Connector they were using. It caused me some confusion for a while switching back and forth between my "production" version of 1.5.0 and my test version of 1.5.1-RC1. I'm not really sure what's going on.

Can you please send a catalina.out file from 1.5.1-RC1?

@Hugh Jazz What version of MariaDB are you running? I'm also running the linuxserver MariaDB container. Mine is 10.6.12 and my server checks for updates nightly. If you have MySQL Workbench or run a query from the CLI execute the following and it will give you the version of your instance:

SELECT @@version;

Just now, Taddeusz said:

@Hugh Jazz What version of MariaDB are you running? I'm also running the linuxserver MariaDB container. Mine is 10.6.12 and my server checks for updates nightly. If you have MySQL Workbench or run a query from the CLI execute the following and it will give you the version of your instance:

SELECT @@version;

bilde.png.066a221f3d2d54cabb8e4d89006716f6.png

1.5.1 has been released. It also looks like there's going to be a 1.5.2.

With this release I've simplified the build. Instead of building the client myself I discovered that I no longer need to do that so I'm just pulling down both of their server and client images.

• Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, fsulaubach said:

TOTP has randomly stopped working properly. Can you please fix this. This renders this useless for me without TOTP. It will just keep looping saying the code provided is incorrect. I use google authenticator

No need to be rude. You're assuming everyone is having your same problem. TOTP is working fine for me. You provided no logs. Your catalina.out file could help.

43 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

No need to be rude. You're assuming everyone is having your same problem. TOTP is working fine for me. You provided no logs. Your catalina.out file could help.

Oh I wasn't being rude. It was just how you read it. Ill see if I can get it to you. Appreciate the help. My point is. I will not expose an application to the open internet without TOTP. All of my other applications work just fine with TOTP guac is the only one that does not. Ive been using it for years without issues after one of the most recent updates it stopped working from UNRAID. 

@Taddeusz Hi! I have been getting these guacd segfaults in my Unraid Logs across my servers where I have this docker installed. It's the same on different Servers (different h/w and config).

Apr 15 02:02:09 R620 kernel: guacd[1284]: segfault at 10 ip 0000152bbe5d5d3d sp 0000152bbd951270 error 4 in libguac-client-rdp.so.0.0.0[152bbe5b6000+2b000]
Apr 15 02:02:09 R620 kernel: Code: b8 00 00 00 00 c9 c3 55 48 89 e5 48 83 ec 20 48 89 7d e8 48 8b 45 e8 48 8b 00 48 8b 40 10 48 89 45 f0 48 8b 45 f0 48 8b 40 20 <48> 8b 40 10 48 8b 55 e8 48 89 d6 48 89 c7 e8 c0 04 fe ff 48 8b 45

I just realized that these segfaults happen everytime I logoff or disconnect the windows remote session (through windows). Doesn't happen if I disconnect, logoff or close the browser window directly.

Is this normal? Please advise.

Edited by Zeroeth
33 minutes ago, Zeroeth said:

@Taddeusz Hi! I have been getting these guacd segfaults in my Logs across my servers where I have this docker installed. It's the same on different Servers (different h/w and config).

Apr 15 02:02:09 R620 kernel: guacd[1284]: segfault at 10 ip 0000152bbe5d5d3d sp 0000152bbd951270 error 4 in libguac-client-rdp.so.0.0.0[152bbe5b6000+2b000]
Apr 15 02:02:09 R620 kernel: Code: b8 00 00 00 00 c9 c3 55 48 89 e5 48 83 ec 20 48 89 7d e8 48 8b 45 e8 48 8b 00 48 8b 40 10 48 89 45 f0 48 8b 45 f0 48 8b 40 20 <48> 8b 40 10 48 8b 55 e8 48 89 d6 48 89 c7 e8 c0 04 fe ff 48 8b 45

I just realized that these segfaults happen everytime I logoff or disconnect the windows remote session (through windows). Doesn't happen if I disconnect, logoff or close the browser window directly.

Is this normal? Please advise.

I have't seen that but unless it's causing noticeable problems I wouldn't worry about it.

14 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

I have't seen that but unless it's causing noticeable problems I wouldn't worry about it.

Noted, thanks.

I don't see any noticable problems as such right now except the frequency of the Log messages. One of my instances has over 50 active users and sometimes the Log has too many of these messages. :)

2 hours ago, Zeroeth said:

Noted, thanks.

I don't see any noticable problems as such right now except the frequency of the Log messages. One of my instances has over 50 active users and sometimes the Log has too many of these messages. :)

Wow, I think you've got the prize so far the the highest number of users.