[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

22 minutes ago, Jokerigno said:

Nope.

I added then --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri in Extra Parameters but unfortunately I see no differences (cpu 100% + errors in logs...a lot).

The reason I asked was that it sometimes causes errors.  I wasn't suggesting you add it to solve your problem.

24 minutes ago, Jokerigno said:

Nope.

I added then --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri in Extra Parameters but unfortunately I see no differences (cpu 100% + errors in logs...a lot).

Post your complete diagnostics.  This incremental approach is not getting to the heart of the problem.

13 hours ago, Jokerigno said:

Attached 2 files: first server running before starting the container. second with zoneminder on and cpu 100%.

I hope that helps.

diagnostics post running.zip 167.36 kB · 0 downloads diagnostics pre running.zip 165.22 kB · 0 downloads

Your cache disk is very full:

/dev/sdb1       466G  444G   22G  96% /mnt/cache

It appears to be a btrfs disk and I've seen some posts about btrfs disks causing high cpu usage.  I'm not sure it's a good idea to run your cache disk that full.  It depends on your particular use case.

There is a preferred way to do this in 6.9.1:

#Setup drivers for hardware transcoding in Plex
modprobe i915
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

The Intel driver has some issues in later versions of Linux.

14 hours ago, dlandon said:

Your cache disk is very full:

/dev/sdb1       466G  444G   22G  96% /mnt/cache

It appears to be a btrfs disk and I've seen some posts about btrfs disks causing high cpu usage.  I'm not sure it's a good idea to run your cache disk that full.  It depends on your particular use case.

There is a preferred way to do this in 6.9.1:

#Setup drivers for hardware transcoding in Plex
modprobe i915
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

The Intel driver has some issues in later versions of Linux.

I removed dev/dri from go and plex container and reboot.

Zoneminder docker still has issue.

So now I'm moving all contents (appdata, system, iso, etc) from cache prefer to cache yes. Let's see what happens.

I just reformat ssd drive after 6.9.1 upgrade for another issue on MBR. It suggested me to use btrfs and that's what I thought was the best solution.

I will keep you posted after mover ends (if it's enough).

Thank you

@dlandon another update.

I formatted ssd to xfs and removed appdata to cache prefer. Nothing changed.

Below once again 2 diagnostics pre and post ZM start.

One thing I found in docker settings is that Docker data-root is btfs. It can be changed to XFS. Should I? 

PS: I tried to find a way to reduce appdata dimension but didn't find anything except CA clean appdata plugin

diagnostics post running v2.zip diagnostics pre running v2.zip

Edited by Jokerigno
1 hour ago, Jokerigno said:

@dlandon another update.

I formatted ssd to xfs and removed appdata to cache prefer. Nothing changed.

Below once again 2 diagnostics pre and post ZM start.

One thing I found in docker settings is that Docker data-root is btfs. It can be changed to XFS. Should I? 

PS: I tried to find a way to reduce appdata dimension but didn't find anything except CA clean appdata plugin

diagnostics post running v2.zip 122.44 kB · 2 downloads diagnostics pre running v2.zip 120.77 kB · 1 download

I'm not sure I understand what is going on here, but qemu is using a lot of CPU.  The z... are Zoneminder:

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
24907 root      20   0 4764404   2.6g  23340 S  73.7  13.2  51:02.08 qemu-syst+
27136 sshd      20   0  588660 407792 392180 R  47.4   2.0   0:02.64 zmc
28130 sshd      20   0   41796  17720   4724 R  36.8   0.1   0:00.76 zmdc.pl
27793 sshd      20   0   55924  38896  11760 R  26.3   0.2   0:01.62 zmfilter.+

4 hours ago, dlandon said:

I'm not sure I understand what is going on here, but qemu is using a lot of CPU.  The z... are Zoneminder:

qemu can be related to the only VM running?

I make some other test: 

1 diagnostic with dockers and vm disabled in settings.

Nothing changed

2 redo ALL the dockers using another img (xfs image) using same data in appdata.

Nothing changed

I really don't know what else I can do.

diagnostics no vm yes docker.zip diagnostics no vm no docker.zip

Hello,

My zoneminder updated today, and the updated docker failed to start.

Anyone have any suggestions, Zoneminder has been working for me really well for a couple of years.

Apr 9 15:36:54 ca70b884b1dc web_php[660]: FAT [Failed db connection to ]
Apr 9 15:36:54 ca70b884b1dc web_php[1160]: FAT [Failed db connection to ]
DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Database.pm line 110.
DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Database.pm line 110.
Apr 9 15:36:54 ca70b884b1dc zmpkg[1361]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) error val:]
Can't call method "prepare_cached" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 96.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 147.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 34.
Apr 9 15:36:54 ca70b884b1dc zmpkg[1361]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) error val:]
ZoneMinder failed to start

*** /etc/my_init.d/40_firstrun.sh failed with status 255

*** Killing all processes...
Apr 9 15:36:54 ca70b884b1dc syslog-ng[20]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.25.1'

Thank you for the directions.

I followed them and, of course it worked.

image.thumb.png.37d6a696db463007fb6ea7aa5df7c1ec.png

MySql and Zoneminder not started.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/999_advanced_script.sh...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 723
Apr 10 10:19:59 c79345477ec2 cron[726]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Apr 10 10:19:59 c79345477ec2 cron[726]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs)
Apr 10 10:21:35 c79345477ec2 zmpkg[1221]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) error val:]
Apr 10 10:21:35 c79345477ec2 zmpkg[1221]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) error val:]
Apr 10 10:21:41 c79345477ec2 web_php[716]: FAT [Failed db connection to ]

Of course I have no idea what to do to fix these errors.

Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, kysdaddy said:

Thank you for the directions.

I followed them and, of course it worked.

image.thumb.png.37d6a696db463007fb6ea7aa5df7c1ec.png

MySql and Zoneminder not started.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/999_advanced_script.sh...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 723
Apr 10 10:19:59 c79345477ec2 cron[726]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Apr 10 10:19:59 c79345477ec2 cron[726]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs)
Apr 10 10:21:41 c79345477ec2 web_php[716]: FAT [Failed db connection to ]

Of course I have no idea what to do to fix these errors.

Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks

Type 'service mysql start' and troubleshoot the errors.  The ZM forum can lend a hand.

Edited by dlandon

I am having a real hard time with this.

I did service mysql start, it failed.

I posted the error messages, and searched them on the ZM forum but I make very little sense out of what folks are saying there.  Most of the issues were months ago, mine started with the update two days ago.

If anyone has any ideas of where to look for the answer, id appreciate it

Hi,

I tried also to redo everything from scratch so I renamed appdata folder as zoneminder_bk, deleted image and started over with new template.

I was expection that everything was ok now but at boot with NO cameras CPU is again 100% and in logs I found this

ERR [OPT_USE_AUTH is turned off. Tokens will be null] 

over and over.

So I added NO_START_ZM="1"

and this is the brand new error causing cpu peak.

FAT [Failed db connection to ]

I really don't know what else I can do

Edited by Jokerigno
8 minutes ago, Jokerigno said:

Hi,

I tried also to redo everything from scratch so I renamed appdata folder as zoneminder_bk, deleted image and started over with new template.

I was expection that everything was ok now but at boot with NO cameras CPU is again 100% and in logs I found this

ERR [OPT_USE_AUTH is turned off. Tokens will be null] 

over and over.

So I added NO_START_ZM="1"

and this is the brand new error causing cpu peak.

FAT [Failed db connection to ]

I really don't know what else I can do

Go to Options->System and turn on OPT_USE_AUTH.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, dlandon said:

Would probably be best.  I'd say your database is corrupted.

Hello, this worked but unfortunately I used the same share for data hoping that the new install would find the old events and images. This didn't work out so well. All of the old images are still on the share but ZM doesn't see them so I can't delete them with a filter.

Unless I am completely failing to comprehend something here. I can't find a way to delete the terabytes of data from the drive, quickly and or easily.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Chas

35 minutes ago, kysdaddy said:

Hello, this worked but unfortunately I used the same share for data hoping that the new install would find the old events and images. This didn't work out so well. All of the old images are still on the share but ZM doesn't see them so I can't delete them with a filter.

Unless I am completely failing to comprehend something here. I can't find a way to delete the terabytes of data from the drive, quickly and or easily.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Chas

The database, and events and images have to match.  You removed the database, so the events and images are not known to Zoneminder.  They are tracked in the database.

7 hours ago, dlandon said:

The database, and events and images have to match.  You removed the database, so the events and images are not known to Zoneminder.  They are tracked in the database.

Thank you, since they aren't known to zoneminder, I am using Midnight Commander to delete, it is slow but seems to be working.

I will update.

Chas

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36