Jump to content
Djoss

[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

538 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

This will let be rip multiple discs at once?

 

EDIT: I should have clarified that, as that is the ultimate goal.

Ok if you want to rip discs in parallel, then yes you could create multiple instances of the container, each one being mapped to a different drive.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Ok if you want to rip discs in parallel, then yes you could create multiple instances of the container, each one being mapped to a different drive.

Hmm, to go back on your original thought. Or, I could map all drives to all containers, and then just choose from the drop down of each container what disc it will rip. I actually like that better.

 

Thanks @Djoss

 

Share this post


Link to post

I know I could (and likely will) just try, but if you're bored, I have a question. If you change the default output from MKV to BACKUP, does this produce an ISO structure? Or does it just create the folder structure, which I could then just compress to an ISO (similar as rip to iso does in anydvd)?

Edited by cybrnook

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

I know I could (and likely will) just try, but if you're bored, I have a question. If you change the default output from MKV to BACKUP, does this produce an ISO structure? Or does it just create the folder structure, which I could then just compress to an ISO (similar as rip to iso does in anydvd)?

 

I think it produce a (decrypted) folder structure:

 

https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/4

Share this post


Link to post

Ended up working out just fine ?

 

Only thing is I needed to remap some ports, so I just ended up remapping them all a bit cleaner, at least in my eyes:

image.png.82d02a839cb66215ac43ccfd82c7a91e.png

 

 

Outside of that, dual ripping worked fine.

 

FYI, "Backup" mode does convert to a three folder format (CERTIFICATE, BDMV, and MAKEMKV). Handbrake seems to understand that structure well enough to convert out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, cybrnook said:

Ended up working out just fine ?

 

Only thing is I needed to remap some ports, so I just ended up remapping them all a bit cleaner, at least in my eyes:

image.png.82d02a839cb66215ac43ccfd82c7a91e.png

 

 

Outside of that, dual ripping worked fine.

 

FYI, "Backup" mode does convert to a three folder format (CERTIFICATE, BDMV, and MAKEMKV). Handbrake seems to understand that structure well enough to convert out of it.

Cool, great setup  :)

Share this post


Link to post

@Djoss hope all is well!

 

Had a quick question..... Now that I am really cranking on this container in particular (and handbrake), I am noticing something. As you know, I am running two instances of this container (as seen above) on separate ports. It's working fine, and I can rip from both containers at the same time against the 2 x ASUS USB BD drives I have attached (both drives are mounted to both containers, not just one to one).

 

What I am just now seeing, and maybe has been that way for some time, is that let's say I start a backup before bed on both drives, then walk away..... I come back in the am or two days later, and the containers have the nice "Backup Complete" message and all seems well. Click okay, and MakeMKV goes back to it's primary screen. At that point in time, I head over to the server, eject, and swap in two more discs, and come back to the PC interface. However, the containers are still presenting the "old" discs I just previously took out, like it's not refreshing. I need to restart the containers to refresh/re-initiate. AT THIS POINT, I am also noticing that when the container goes down, it's not always return code (0) in the advanced logs view in UnRaid. It's ending with a 2xx code (I forget exactly). But nevertheless they do come back up, and work fine from that point.

 

Have you seen any time outs or any sequencing issues with the MakeMKV container if you let it sit running for an extended period of time perhaps on a display window with a disc inserted?

Edited by cybrnook

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, cybrnook said:

@Djoss hope all is well!

 

Had a quick question..... Now that I am really cranking on this container in particular (and handbrake), I am noticing something. As you know, I am running two instances of this container (as seen above) on separate ports. It's working fine, and I can rip from both containers at the same time against the 2 x ASUS USB BD drives I have attached (both drives are mounted to both containers, not just one to one).

 

What I am just now seeing, and maybe has been that way for some time, is that let's say I start a backup before bed on both drives, then walk away..... I come back in the am or two days later, and the containers have the nice "Backup Complete" message and all seems well. Click okay, and MakeMKV goes back to it's primary screen. At that point in time, I head over to the server, eject, and swap in two more discs, and come back to the PC interface. However, the containers are still presenting the "old" discs I just previously took out, like it's not refreshing. I need to restart the containers to refresh/re-initiate. AT THIS POINT, I am also noticing that when the container goes down, it's not always return code (0) in the advanced logs view in UnRaid. It's ending with a 2xx code (I forget exactly). But nevertheless they do come back up, and work fine from that point.

 

Have you seen any time outs or any sequencing issues with the MakeMKV container if you let it sit running for an extended period of time perhaps on a display window with a disc inserted?

 

I have a feeling that this is caused by passing through the drives to both containers. Try using one container per drive and see if it's the same issue.

 

Edit: Just had this myself, and the reason is that you use the eject button on the drive. If you use the one in MakeMKV, this doesn't happen.

Edited by saarg

Share this post


Link to post

Balls, I could easily see that being the case, because YES, I am known to hit the eject button on the drive itself.

 

I got tons of discs to rip through this weekend, will try this out and report back. Thanks @saarg

Edited by cybrnook

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I ended up mapping a drive 1:1 per container. I am able to use the physical eject button, and discs are scanning in no issue on swap.

 

I am wondering if perhaps since both containers had both drives mapped, and I was swapping and dropping new discs into both drives within the same 10 - 15 second span, perhaps it was somehow causing an issue where drive 1 was actively scanning in a new disc when suddenly drive 2 received a new disc for scan it at the same time, and neither container was able to handle that in quick succession?

 

I will try with containers as 1:1 for now and see if anything pops up.

Edited by cybrnook

Share this post


Link to post

So maybe one solution is to add support for simultaneous disc ripping within the same container :)

Share this post


Link to post

Do that, and a few bucks are coming your way ;-) 

 

EDIT: should I say a few "more" bucks

Edited by cybrnook

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, cybrnook said:

Well, I ended up mapping a drive 1:1 per container. I am able to use the physical eject button, and discs are scanning in no issue on swap.

 

I am wondering if perhaps since both containers had both drives mapped, and I was swapping and dropping new discs into both drives within the same 10 - 15 second span, perhaps it was somehow causing an issue where drive 1 was actively scanning in a new disc when suddenly drive 2 received a new disc for scan it at the same time, and neither container was able to handle that in quick succession?

 

I will try with containers as 1:1 for now and see if anything pops up.

 

I have each drive mapped to it's own container, and still this happened. So I don't think that was it. It might be a timing issue or just a makemkv thing that happens sometimes. I have normally used the eject button on the drive also. 

Share this post


Link to post

@cybrnook, can you try image with tag "v1.9.0-rc1"?  To enable parallel ripping, add the "AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_PARALLEL_RIP" variable with a value of "1".

Share this post


Link to post

Seems to come down with the handbrake logo:

image.thumb.png.b690b7e2c07a72b3661f4b59ed1c6bcd.png

image.png.2e98a48792f0021f0f2da371dda4799d.png

 

Added the variable:

image.png.5cec2b023797eb7f3985206c27a809e8.png

 

But docker shows only one drive at a time. Not sure what I should be looking for, but I would have expected two drive selects in one window, I guess?

image.thumb.png.d9d1e4c878afd7d8d218d272e318dfca.png

Edited by cybrnook

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Seems to come down with the handbrake logo:

image.thumb.png.b690b7e2c07a72b3661f4b59ed1c6bcd.png

image.png.2e98a48792f0021f0f2da371dda4799d.png

 

I also get this sometimes.  It seems to have a glitch in unRAID.  Should recover itself...

 

10 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

But docker shows only one drive at a time. Not sure what I should be looking for, but I would have expected two drive selects in one window, I guess?

image.thumb.png.d9d1e4c878afd7d8d218d272e318dfca.png

 

Oh I though/assumed that you were using the automatic disc ripper.  Any reason why you are not ;)?

Share this post


Link to post

With the exception of "AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_PARALLEL_RIP", all other variables are already in the container settings.

Share this post


Link to post

 

 

Ahh, seems you just added it ?

 

So I need three variables to do this cleanly:

AUTO_DISC_RIPPER to 1
AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_EJECT to 1
AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_PARALLEL_RIP to 1

 

So when I enable AUTO_DISC_RIPPER to 1, I no longer need to really even access the GUI. I should be able to just put a disc in and it rips. Then when it ejects it, it's done.

 

EDIT:

Then I assume depending on the value of AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_BD_MODE,  I will either get a bunch of mkv files, or a full DB dump, like I have been doing with my TV show seasons.

Edited by cybrnook

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

 

 

Ahh, seems you just added it ?

 

So I need three variables to do this cleanly:

AUTO_DISC_RIPPER to 1
AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_EJECT to 1
AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_PARALLEL_RIP to 1

 

So when I enable AUTO_DISC_RIPPER to 1, I no longer need to really even access the GUI. I should be able to just put a disc in and it rips. Then when it ejects it, it's done.

 

Correct.

AUTO_DISC_RIPPER and AUTO_DISC_RIPPER_EJECT are already defined in the container settings.  You just need to change the value.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Got it, will test it out now.

Perfect.  You can look at the container's log to see the progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Djoss said:

Perfect.  You can look at the container's log to see the progress.

When I set variables on a container, what I am seeing now is unRAID doesn't let you then view what you have set. Is there a way I can pull what parameters are currently defined (default and custom) and their values?

Share this post


Link to post

The docker icon is fine if I leave your default repository. The moment I add :v1.9.0-rc1, it switches to handbrake, FYI.

 

Icon URL in the docker itself seems to be set correctly: //raw.githubusercontent.com/jlesage/docker-templates/master/jlesage/images/makemkv-icon.png

 

removed https so it doesn't just display the icon.

Edited by cybrnook

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.