AirVideo Server for iPhone/iPad- a "how-to"

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started using AirVideo on my ipad and it is nice.

I was not even aware of the Linux app. I have 2 unraid servers here.

Does this package work with iso files? All of my DVDs are in iso format.

My blu rays are in the folder structure format (BDMV, etc)

This is the wall I hit when trying to use the windows version. I do not want to convert all of my isos to mp4. That is over 1600 movies :(

To be honest I do not know.  You are probably better off asking that question on the Airvideo forums.  I used the free version of the iPhone/iPod Touch app to do the testing which limited me to the content I could view and test.

.vob files can be played!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Maybe a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. Do I need a plus or pro license to use air video?

Using basic while waiting for new drives to arrive.

Any license will work.  This is an add-on to unRAID.  It has nothing to do with Lime-Technology. It has nothing to do with the number of drives you can assign to the array.

Joe L.

Thanks for the reply Joe L. And thanks to everyone for posting information. I have had loads of questions answered by searching the forums. Has made my new unraid experience very smooth.

The installation via the unMENU package manager will save you a LOT of time over the step-by-step commands described in the first few posts of this thread.  The steps are outlined here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=6097.msg72582#msg72582

I strongly urge you to use unMENU to download, compile, and install this rather than doing it all by hand.   The initial work in those posts was invaluable in putting together the unMENU package, but it was not for the new linux user, that's for sure.

Joe L.

When I install air video from unmenu (after installing the compiler) I recieve this error in the syslog:

Dec 2 22:21:00 Tower kernel: atd[9911]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp bfcf8e48 error 14 in atd[8048000+4000]

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

atd is probably the "at" daemon.  You've probably run out of memory...

How much RAM do you have?

Joe L.

I am trying to install the Air Video package. I am at the point of defining  the path to my video files, where I get this statement, "Enter the list of folders you would like to be visible" I am not sure of the correct format for doing this. More specifically, I am unsure of how to use the syntax, “mnt/user” in the folder path.

I have a folder for movies on each of three disks, and one for  TV, on each of three additional disks. I also have a main folder for Movies and one for TV which list all of the files across  all six disk.

Would this work: \\Tower\movies, \\Tower\TV?

In addition to the above, I may have another issue relating to installing the AirVideo package before I set these parameters. I am going to try to set the file paths and then re-install the package. If this does not work I will get back for additional help.

By he way, I just purchased a Ipod Touch and immediately begin to think about streaming video to the device. I ask several “experts” at different stores  and all of them said it could not be done. After searching the internet I found AirVideo and downloaded the apps and got it to work. What I did not like was the fact I had to use my computer as a server to access my files on unRaid. I then searched the unRaid forums and found what seams to be the perfect solution.

Thanks to the efforts of batfink for devolving the concept, and prostuff1, Joe L., and others for  taking it to the next level so that "Linux dumb"  people like me can enjoy the fruit of your efforts.

When I install air video from unmenu (after installing the compiler) I recieve this error in the syslog:

Dec 2 22:21:00 Tower kernel: atd[9911]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp bfcf8e48 error 14 in atd[8048000+4000]

atd is probably the "at" daemon.   You've probably run out of memory...

Joe L.

I have 4 gig

atd is probably the "at" daemon.   You've probably run out of memory...

Joe L.

I have 4 gig

Should be enough unless a program has a memory "leak" (which is very possible)

Suggest running a memory test preferable overnight just to be sure it is not a bad RAM strip.

Thanks to all the developers and community members who contributed to the development of  AirVideo for unRaid. It is an excellent and well thought out  program. There is not much left to excite an 70 year man, but this has done the trick. All that is left to do, IMO, is for the developers of the Ipod side of the program to allow it to run .ifo files.

Thanks, again!

Air Video works but I am having an issue which I don’t know is just the nature of the beast or is something to be fixed. I don’t want to put a lot of time digging into forums if nothing can be done.

The issue I am having is that a list of only the .vob files appears on the Ipod screen, and I have to pause and select the next one in sequence as I continue through the video. Is this the expected norm?

Air Video works but I am having an issue which I don’t know is just the nature of the beast or is something to be fixed. I don’t want to put a lot of time digging into forums if nothing can be done.

The issue I am having is that a list of only the .vob files appears on the Ipod screen, and I have to pause and select the next one in sequence as I continue through the video. Is this the expected norm?

Last time I checked airvideo could not/did not fully support vob files.  Do a google search for airvideo forum and maybe see if it has been added in a newer version.