Plex Media Server-cant see folders to add to library

Tony_W

Hi,

just trying unraid as I want to move from current setup of Win 7, Plex & Qbittorrent.

Unraid dead easy to install and get running, really impressed.

I've set up a few shared folders which I can access easily via Windows or ios.

Loaded PlexMediaServer (lime version) no problem.

However when I try to add folders to my library I cannot see the shared folders...

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

I've read all the items in the forums here and plex.tv but can't find an answer to fix the issue.

the photo shows the folders avail, which dont contain my shared folders...

Edited by Tony_W

Sorted!

Found the answer, eventually in one of the guides.

All I had to do was add the folders within the docker container as additional volumes/folders and hey presto.

Just need to sort out Qbittorrent, Dropbox and a vnc within the next 26 days. If all that works I might just go with unraid, although I've yet to try Amahi.

• Like 3
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 12/8/2023 at 11:24 PM, bombz said:

All I had to do was add the folders within the docker container as additional volumes/folders and hey presto.

I know this is very old, but it helped me a bunch (thanks @bombz), so I thought I'd elaborate just a bit. 

My plex media is on a different server, a synology NAS - sitting on the same network as my Unraid (which I'm only using for the Plex Server.  When setting up Unraid, I added a few remote NFS shares.  From the Main panel, they look like this:

image.thumb.png.a6d1524d25221171901dbd86598a3627.png

Even though these shares have a path on my unraid server (/mnt/remotes/THESDG_dci), my Docker Plex install can't see them until I add these paths to the Plex Docker config:

image.thumb.png.8f16604fb81648bafcf091c191bbbc89.png

(and the create/edit view)

image.thumb.png.c9dfa54a7036252b4d405cf03aa0cfb5.png

Once those were in place, the files were browsable by plex so I could re-link my libraries (I was relocating my plex server from the synology to the unraid).