We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Appdata

Highlander

3 minutes ago, Highlander said:

the above is correct, I checked the cache drive and there is nothing on it. There is an appdata share on the array with nothing in it.

It (The cache settings on share) did not work for me as well.

I manually set the paths to \mnt\cache for both appadata & docker

docker.png

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

the above is correct, I checked the cache drive and there is nothing on it. There is an appdata share on the array with nothing in it.

On the shares page, make sure the appdata share is set to cache prefer. Then go back to the main page, and run mover from the main page. Check to see if the appdata is on the cache now.

On the shares page, make sure the appdata share is set to cache prefer. Then go back to the main page, and run mover from the main page. Check to see if the appdata is on the cache now.
Don't forget to also stop all your apps first. Otherwise it won't move any open files.

As an aside, the FCP tests to see if the share in question does have files or folders present and the array. Something is in there.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:19 AM, Squid said:

Don't forget to also stop all your apps first. Otherwise it won't move any open files.

As an aside, the FCP tests to see if the share in question does have files or folders present and the array. Something is in there.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

done as suggested and the appdata no longer on the array but is not in the cache either?

• 2 weeks later...

ok appdata now on cache has an orange triangle warning. I think this is because I only have one cache drive at the moment. Thanks squid. This unraid takes some time to get used to, I know very little about using terminal and the associated commands, now watching as many vids as I can find on youtube mostly from spaceinvader.

Archived