Suddenly, shares is gone. Had to reboot.

publicENEMY

Syslog shows nothing of any particular interest.  What you should do however is disable mover loggings (Settings - schedule) so that if / when the problem happens again and you grab the syslog it's not spammed with "hey I moved this ok".

Only "weird" thing is that something on your network kept on logging into the system

Mar 16 01:58:29 Tower sshd[19366]: Accepted password for root from 172.17.0.2 port 45365 ssh2

every couple of seconds for hours.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

The subject line says "Had to reboot". Can you get the diagnostics after the reboot? And please always attach rather than posting a link. Even if the syslog was too large as text, I'm sure it would have been small enough if you had zipped it.

I can get the diagnostics after the reboot. Ill attach logs next time. sorry. :( 

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Syslog shows nothing of any particular interest.  What you should do however is disable mover loggings (Settings - schedule) so that if / when the problem happens again and you grab the syslog it's not spammed with "hey I moved this ok".

Only "weird" thing is that something on your network kept on logging into the system

Mar 16 01:58:29 Tower sshd[19366]: Accepted password for root from 172.17.0.2 port 45365 ssh2

every couple of seconds for hours.

Ill disable mover login next time. I find out who kept logging to my network.

6 hours ago, trurl said:

Are you still having the problems after reboot? Have you tried booting in SAFE mode?

No problem after reboot. this happens after few days. i would say, once a week.

would there be a problem is i log a lots of things? i set rclone to do stuff and logs it. could this be the cause?

3 minutes ago, bonienl said:

On the dashboard page you can monitor how much memory the LOG subsystem takes. By default it has a capacity of 128M, too much logging can easily overload it.

Looking at the dashboard, i cant see how much of logs capacity that have been use. How can i know how much capacity that I have use?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived