Plex - which one?

And I like binhex. His dockers were the first to NOT auto update on restart and break things without my intervention. The landscape has changed since those days, and either ls.io or binhex should be fine. If you pick one or the other and set up everything you can using their respective dockers, it tends to be more space efficient by a tiny margin since more layers can be shared between containers.

ls.io has a whole group behind it, binhex as far as I know is one guy, but he stays current and supports his stuff just fine.

Also, binhex is the only one with VPN enabled downloader apps, any of the nzb or torrent dockers with VPN built in are either directly his, or based off of his work as far as I know.

On 5/25/2018 at 4:09 PM, jonathanm said:

If you have an issue with it, where do you get support? Are they responsive?

If I have an issue, there is the official Forum for Plex Docker........it is one of their sub forums. But honestly, the only reason I use the official Plex Docker is because it gets updates before anyone else (obviously, this is the case).

When it comes to Plex, the other Repositories you see available aren't anything magical.....I think the Dev's themselves have come out and said something to the effect of "the only reason this exists is because people requested it.....it does not mean I use it". Can't remember if that was what I read from the linuxserver.io guys or binhex.....but whatever. The point is.....Just use the official one. No reason to use the others unless you want delayed updates lol.

15 minutes ago, Stupifier said:

But honestly, the only reason I use the official Plex Docker is because it gets updates before anyone else (obviously, this is the case).

This is not obvious. LSIO plex docker fetches the latest plex executable each time you start it. Probably official plex docker does same since it is based on LSIO. A docker is a container, and the container code doesn't necessarily have to be updated in order for it to run the latest version of the contained application.